Freecle / freecycle and balloons on sticks

Options

Comments

• SpammyTheSpammer
    Options
    i am looking for these items - i dont dirve so need to be near (excised) or be able to deliver -

girls clothes age 11yrs upward - everything considered

caravan items , plates, bowls, caravan cover for 26ft, sleeping bags, ect - anything usefull.

2x girls bikes, size 21" wheels, for girls aged 8 and 6 - dont mind working on

them

houseold items - lights, curtains red/white for kitchen ect, bedding kingsize, double,girls bedding single and double,rugs and mats, bathroom items, bed side units. kitchen items and garden stuff. ect

any adults clothes ladies size large 12 or 14, and mens cothes medium and xtra large - anything considerd and any girls toys or activy items - for girls aged 6ys upward,

please let me know many thanks

Incidentally, anyone on this site know how to "dirve" - is it like the bossanova?
    I am a cow so cannot speak Bullshine but I do recognise its smell when I come upon it.
  • 24skins
    24skins Posts: 1,773 Forumite
    Options
    I know i say this sooo often but that's me done with offering stuff (unless its objects i would struggle to dispose of).".

You and me both sister :rotfl:

Last weekend I offered my daughter's bed, first reply comes from Miss Politeness, who can collect at any time etc etc. I decide to search her username as suggested on here recently. Turns out Miss Politeness has posted 160(!) wanted ads in the past four years, including asks for; a car (manual), a trailer, a motorbike, 4 quad bikes (one for each of her kids), a telly, an Xbox 360, a guitar (with amp) and several name-brand prams. She's offered a bag of clothing, once.

Next reply comes from Little Miss Desperate For a Bed. I say she can have it, at which point she asks for a photo so she can "see the size". I state that it's been dismantled, but humour her by measuring & sending the bed dimensions. She then replies "oh no that's too big" (??). Clearly Little Miss Desperate For A Bed didn't want to come and get one sight unseen (which is her own loss as it was gorgeous & in perfect condition). Thankfully the person who actually came for it was lovely & most pleased with it.

Fast forward to the same evening, I list a pair of Ugg boots which my daughter has outgrown, Little Miss Desperate For A Bed emails almost immediately to say... "that would be great thanks"(!!), then emails again two minutes later to ask "wot size are they btw?".

I think Freecycle is such a great idea but I am beyond fed up with the cheeky, grasping swines that infest the place.
    Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
  • Ghostlove
    Ghostlove Posts: 237 Forumite
    Options
    My baby is gonna be here in four weeks time.I'm in need of cow and gate first milk.for new born

What, she doesn't have boobs?!
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    listed a [sealed] tub of protein powder (i can't use it because i'm newly lactose intolerant)

get a message through within minutes 'that's mine yea. what else you got for me?'

taken aback, i didn't reply for a couple of hours whilst i waited for other replies (if they were any politer, they got it).

i eventually did get a much nicer reply and the guy called for it (and gave me a tenner as he felt bad taking it for free). person A emails again 'when can i get my protein?'. i emailed to say it'd gone already, to get a reply that nearly knocked me over:

'nah mate, i emailed before. i've got a buyer on ebay, you better get it back or im gna have to refund it'

bowled over, i replied and told him where he can shove his ebay and his buyer. he got nasty, but he'd have to get up early to beat me in an argument.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • 24skins
    24skins Posts: 1,773 Forumite
    Options
    brettcta wrote: »
    listed a [sealed] tub of protein powder (i can't use it because i'm newly lactose intolerant)

get a message through within minutes 'that's mine yea. what else you got for me?'

taken aback, i didn't reply for a couple of hours whilst i waited for other replies (if they were any politer, they got it).

i eventually did get a much nicer reply and the guy called for it (and gave me a tenner as he felt bad taking it for free). person A emails again 'when can i get my protein?'. i emailed to say it'd gone already, to get a reply that nearly knocked me over:

'nah mate, i emailed before. i've got a buyer on ebay, you better get it back or im gna have to refund it'

bowled over, i replied and told him where he can shove his ebay and his buyer. he got nasty, but he'd have to get up early to beat me in an argument.

That's appalling. I'd be forwarding his emails to a mod - he needs banning.
    Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    amongst other things, he threatened me with his 'mandem' (manchester scally slang for 'bunch of homosexuals posing as hardmen to disguise the fact they are all homosexuals') before i pointed out he doesn't know who i am or where i live.

i laughed it off
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • eyelinerprincess
    Options
    Good one today:

Wanted - A sunbed. Wanted good conditioned sunbed for self tanning.

Yup, I have one just lying in the back room doing nothing
    "Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, But beautiful old people are works of art."
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt
  • Splashy
    Splashy Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    The sun over the weekend seems to have brought out all the requests for garden toys, as well as the 'I'm still looking' repeated threads

yep and I'm still not letting you have the ones from my garden cos I need them :rotfl:

Though I am very grateful for the outdoor baby swing (offered) that I collected at the weekend :j
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    brettcta, yours must take the award for worse freecycler ever.
    I hope that you've reported him, I know that won't stop him from re-registering with a different email address.
    That could have really frightened some people.
  • chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    hermum wrote: »
    brettcta, yours must take the award for worse freecycler ever.
    I hope that you've reported him, I know that won't stop him from re-registering with a different email address.
    That could have really frightened some people.

ditto - he needs reporting. The police really outta be getting involved when it comes to threatening someone like that.

I gave the books to the first person in the end who collected on monday.... but not after she sent a very sarcastic reply of "I will be there bang on 10 o'clock"....... neadless to say she was late.

I had to laugh at a wanted on a different board over the weekend:
    Wanted carpet 10ft x 5ft ish, woven back plz

I helpfully suggested if they had no luck a large carpet chain was selling huge offcuts for just £10.

the reply:
    Thanks for that, but it's for the garden :-)

Apparently there are 2 different types of carpet you can buy? silly me.
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure