Freecle / freecycle and balloons on sticks

Options

Comments

• suited-aces
    suited-aces Posts: 1,938 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd be reporting that, Pullip.
    I'm not bad at golf, I just get better value for money when I take more shots!
  • Willow_K
    Willow_K Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    This thread has been making me smile.

I hadn't been on Freegle for a while and this thread prompted me to have a quick look. This one was on the front page:
    I am desperate for any mannequins etc or shop fitting supplies?? Slatwall/units
    etc?? Thanks

I get asking for a mannequin for ebay or whatever, but trying to kit out a whole shop? :rotfl:

Generally though I can't really blame people for trying it on - but there's no excuse not to be polite about it. I posted a wanted for a concrete sectional garage - and was quite surprised when I got one! Had to buy a set of doors for it and there was one panel missing but I wasn't complaining, given it saved me a fair bit :p (I was very very polite in my request and thank you email as well)
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Another teen leaving things to the last minute?
    My son has just discovered he will be studying An Inspector Call by J.B Priestly. Is there anyone out there who has a copy they no longer need?
  • AnnaLicious_2
    Options
    Today on my work for sale wanted board someone posted asking for a free blackberry for their child, as they had broken theirs.

I had a little 'eye roll' moment when I read that. People do post asking for free things, but it's usually the social workers asking for things for care leavers (children leaving foster care into their own place) or people moving from the streets into their first accomodation. They will ask for basics like old furniture, cutlery, mugs, cups, etc. They usually can find at least some of what the client needs. So to compare that to a child needing a Blackberry? I thought it was a little much.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    this was just posted on our group

Full View[Chesterfield_Freecycle] wanted - various - new whittington

To:Chesterfield_Freecycle@yahoogroups.com

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could help me with the following as I'm really struggling, I have 2 kids and can't afford to buy these things, any help would be very much appreciated, also I don't drive so delivery would be a big help,
    Fridge/freezer
    Double duvet and covers
    Bathroom scales
    Kitchen scales
    Plates/bowls crockery etc
    Photo frames
    Mirror
    And I know its a huge ask but any sort of pc/laptop, so my son can do his homework,
    Thank you all in advance
  • Bunnygirl
    Bunnygirl Posts: 387 Forumite
    Options
    This was on our group

Hello all , my daughter has just moved into her first house and is in need of
    living room furniture, the only problem is it would have to be able to fit
    through a narrow door, ideally something from Ikea as this can usually be taken
    apart (flatpacked) and is modern , collection can be arranged
    many thanks

Fancy someone building a house that you can get furniture in

and we have this one

WANTED URGENTLY: GAZEBO, LARGE CUSHIONS, OUTSIDE LIGHTING, FAIRY LIGHTS

My Beautiful Daughter is having an after Prom Party at our house.

She and her friends want to have a bohemian them, we are putting our tent up but
    the weather is going to be rainy so we really need to cover the garden so they
    can be outside.

We would REALLY be grateful for donation of ANY of the items named.... I can
    collect them on thursday in the day.

Bean bags would be excellent too....
    Thank you so much

I would tell the daughter to get her friends to bring some stuff with them.
    I would like to be a glow-worm.
    A glow-worm's never glum.
    Its hard to be downhearted when the sun shines out your bum.
  • Bunnygirl
    Options
    And this one which I find a little strange

Desperately seeking a double pushchair please for my grandkids. Their mum has
    just started voluntary work in a charity shop and it means my son can't get out
    the house with the kids. Please if anyone has one they no longer need it'll b a
    godsend to them.
    Thanks for reading and I can collect on their behalf.
  • Wei-Huang
    Wei-Huang Posts: 346 Forumite
    Options
    Books get grabbed up quickly on ours. The thing that annoys me the most is people giving animals away and some group mods being too snotty to enforce a no animal policy.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Bunnygirl
    Options
    WANTED: Wine glasses

I would like odd/unwanted wine glasses preferably crystal but glass is ok; a
    friend of mine regularly breaks his on the taps, and I have offered to help him
    to re-stock, now he is down to one!

Maybe his friend should stop drinking lol
  • KiKi
    KiKi Posts: 5,377 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This made me smile today:

"Carrier bag of magic tricks, suitable for beginner, not too sophisticated but better than the ones you can get in toy shops. All very old but not used a lot, had them for ages but could not get round to practising the art of magic. Remember! The art of prestidigitation (magic) is to keep the tricks secret please do not tell your friends how it is done."

(Spelling corrections mine.)
    KiKi
    ' <-- See that? It's called an apostrophe. It does not mean "hey, look out, here comes an S".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure