Freecle / freecycle and balloons on sticks

Options

Comments

• pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I know what you mean, but that's not the point. This is about saving stuff from landfill. Maybe someone has half a pack of seeds they can't use and would chuck them away. Why spend 99p on a pack of marigolds from Wilko if there's a pack down the road that's just about to be binned?

(And no, it wasn't me that posted!)

Oh god another one who really doesn't get this thread...
  • Crocswearer
    Crocswearer Posts: 211 Forumite
    Options
    Oh god another one who really doesn't get this thread...

I do "get" this thread, and laugh along with everyone else. But the person who made the comment that I responded to didn't seem to "get" Freegle/Freecycle - or maybe is becoming jaded by Freecyclers posting their expensive wishlists...
  • MarzipanFish
    MarzipanFish Posts: 550 Forumite
    Options
    Had a wanted for an iphone the other day. Someone's posted that their aunt wants to get one for their cousin but it turns out that 'unfortunately they are quite pricey'. TBF they just seemed a bit naive/hopeful rather than greedy.

A while ago someone actually did offer an iphone with a broken screen. Bet their email inbox got a bit overloaded!
  • Oliver14
    Oliver14 Posts: 5,878 Forumite
    Options
    This one today
    WANTED - Kitchen

Would love if anyone has a kitchen going really need a new one thanks
    'The More I know about people the Better I like my Dog'
    Samuel Clemens
  • DON79
    DON79 Posts: 3,842 Forumite
    Options
    Oliver14 wrote: »
    This one today

Just to say, I did get a complete kitchen off freecycle (less oven/hob) :p but someone was offering it, I didn't ask :)
    BSC #215/No.1 Jan 09 Club
  • sunflower_2
    sunflower_2 Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    Options
    have finally reached the last post of this thread
    its like finishing a good book, wanted to get to the end but now feel a bit lost :o

keep em coming - cheers me up no end and has even managed to put a few smiles on the hubby's face :p

on my freecycle board today:

Chest Freezer (sorry, not frezzer)
    chest freezer to go in the garage. Happy to collect but size matters as I only have a Nissan Micra!

so clearly u want it delivered then?? i used to have a micra and no way wud u get the smallest chest freezer to fit in it

and again - the world owes this woman a living - no manners

:(
  • babyfreckles
    babyfreckles Posts: 474 Forumite
    Options
    Heres one from my local group!!

hi there, can anyone help me, i am in need of a 42" plasma tv as the one i have
    has been broken by the kids playing on the wii, i no this is a lot to ask but i
    cannot afford a new one, so if there is a kind sole who can help me out this
    would be much appreciated

This just made me LOL!! Surely if his TV was broken by the kids, they would be apprieciative (sp) of ANY tv gifted?! lol
    So much for 'Money Saving' ;)
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Heres one from my local group!!

hi there, can anyone help me, i am in need of a 42" plasma tv as the one i have
    has been broken by the kids playing on the wii, i no this is a lot to ask but i
    cannot afford a new one, so if there is a kind sole who can help me out this
    would be much appreciated

This just made me LOL!! Surely if his TV was broken by the kids, they would be apprieciative (sp) of ANY tv gifted?! lol
    Sounds a bit fishy to me.
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DON79 wrote: »
    Just to say, I did get a complete kitchen off freecycle (less oven/hob) :p but someone was offering it, I didn't ask :)

I offered my old one, including working oven & hob, everyone who offered to take it off my hands wanted it delivering. One cheeky cow even wanted to know if I had anyone who could put it in for her, as she couldn't afford to pay anyone. It went for £50 on ebay instead.
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Bizarre....
    Wanted: Game Consoles for Orphans
    We can collect computers for orphans in 1 hour but cannot provide any
    details due to the regulations. John

Which gives me an idea..
    Wanted: Money for hard working Mum
    Due to regulations cant give any details but send me your tenners.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure