🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Sneaky Peek - New look MSE forums

Options

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Took me ages to figure out what you meant, but once I did...!

Very pleased to figure that out, thanks! Has it always been like that?...

no its new i think,the icon was there on the old skin though
  • toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 May 2010 at 9:28AM
    Options
    Take back my awful post on here last night, once my eyes settled down it doesn't seem so bad, but the thanks button issue is very confusing for me, the thanks button come back albeit with remove your thanks in tiny letters when you re-enter a thread, so i struggle to see especially on comps what i've visited and what i haven't, I do use a time system so i know roughly where i left off, but it is an awful strain on your eyes.

I wear lenses and it made my eyes ache at first, i adjusted my own laptops setting so the screen didn't glare at me so much.
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • Sublime_2
    Sublime_2 Posts: 15,741 Forumite
    Options
    Still liking it. :T
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,955 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I like the new look. :T

I agree about the signature, it does look like part of the post. And also the thanks button appears for my own posts?
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £41,671.53
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yep liking it! Much cleaner and like having the spam button under a post, makes it easier to report Spam!
  • nic_nac_
    nic_nac_ Posts: 213 Forumite
    Options
    I like the new look, the only thing I don't like is that the Forum Jump button at the bottom of the page doesn't have the "Go" button now, so for example say I have read 10 pages of a thread, I would normally go to the Forum Jump button and press go and it would take me back to the first page of say the Grabbit board, but now I have to press the "Back" button 10 times to get me back to the first page. Unless i'm missing something?
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just noticed the box on the side on the first post that will allow you to post to Facebook or Twitter.

Great idea! I am trying to convince my friends to use MSE more and instead of having to post links, I could now just do that and hopefully that will encourage them to save money instead of wasting it!
  • kiki_725
    kiki_725 Posts: 1,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 8 May 2010 at 9:23AM
    Options
    I'm having trouble with my thanks :(

I thank a poster and if i return to the board my thanks have gone. :(

Not very helpful on the comping board!

EDIT - sorry my bad. The thank is still there but so is the thank button so i doesn't look like i have thanked at first glance.

could you please maybe make it so there is not a thank button once you have thanked?

Maybe we could also have some kind of sign if we have already thanked a post on the main board - that way we dont have to waste time opening posts we have already read :)
    :starmod:Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle:starmod:
  • Sublime_2
    Sublime_2 Posts: 15,741 Forumite
    Options
    I've just edited a post, and noticed that I can click on the bit that says "Last edited by...", and I then get a screen where I can compare my original post, with the edited one. Brilliant! :T

I don't know if I can view other people edited posts though.
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Overall it looks good once you have got used to the initial change. I really don't like the default John Major avatar and think that the default should be nothing for those who do not have their own avatar loaded.
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport