🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Sneaky Peek - New look MSE forums

Options

Comments

• fnc63
    fnc63 Posts: 4,018 Forumite
    Options
    MSE_Martin wrote: »
    Update Note 11pm Fri 7 May

Plus the like button will be disappearing at some stage soon and we plan to use the thanks for the first post to be the new marker for the 'wow factor' which will replace the likeability rating we currently have (the factor element will ensure its relevant to the rest of that board - not just absolute thanks)

as a comper, this will be interesting to see how you think you can make the "relevancy" work

most comps get in excess of 500 thanks per post, so sorting by wow factor is just going to show a load as important as others for "that board", but the ones that currently get liked the most and are therefore easy to find by using the "likeability" view are the major prize comps from the likes of gmtv, this morning. real deal etc etc with upto £100,000.00 prize money

how will you make these still stand out at the top with 500+ thanks, say to a comp for a £79 nintendo ds lite

:question::question:

2014 WTD ~ CH10OC50CW55PC10AB25BA120SB15OC30BC160BV105OC30CT20GC10GB100
    :shhh:

Apparently everything has a happy ending and if you havent arrived at the happiness, it hasnt ended yet :think:

• Emuchops
    Emuchops Posts: 799 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I like the format but theres too much green for my liking. I think looks a bit gloomy.
  • DarkConvict
    DarkConvict Posts: 6,338 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 May 2010 at 3:23AM
    Options
    The "Thread Statistics - Thanks" is either incorrect or poorly worded, it only counts the first post thanks not all the ones in the thread.

opps nvm
    NOTE: We know the thread stats box isn't fully functioning at the moment - its there so you can see the look
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies
  • DarkConvict
    DarkConvict Posts: 6,338 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Also the navigation text imo is to small

"Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Pure Money > Debt-Free Wannabe"
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    Likeability bars from the forum list in eg Grabbit, have disappeared.
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just had a small look at this today so will probably notice other things as the days go on, but intial thoughts from me are:

• I like how it looks, it's much fresher than the old look which was dated
    • That being said, the buttons are slightly too big and look almost cartoony, this would be fine for a forum aimed at a younger audience, but I suspect that it's not going to be ideal for many people
    • Can we make clicking "Multiquote" more obvious? It turns green, but behind an oversized button making folks like me with wonky eyesight have a bit of trouble seeing it
    • If I had the choice, I would remove the "Community" button from the top of the page and replace it with a "Subscribed Threads" button. For a lot of us, our subscribed threads are how we interact with the community. I for one would never/rarely use the community button but use the (current) User CP option every time I log in. The first thing I do in fact. The extra step to access this isn't the end of the world, but it's annoying and will bug a lot of people if this is still a feature when it goes live I think.
    Thanks for the change though guys, it's needed.

Can I vote for Martin's May The 4th picture being the main one on the masthead?
    ;)
  • scottishlass
    scottishlass Posts: 1,971 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I like it - the only thing that I find a little annoying (and it may have already been discussed) is the fact that the signature blends too much into the actual post and looks a bit odd. Just my opinion
    2020 Mortgage-Free Wannabes #20 £1495.03/£2760 OP
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just had a small look at this today so will probably notice other things as the days go on, but intial thoughts from me are:

• I like how it looks, it's much fresher than the old look which was dated
    • That being said, the buttons are slightly too big and look almost cartoony, this would be fine for a forum aimed at a younger audience, but I suspect that it's not going to be ideal for many people
    • Can we make clicking "Multiquote" more obvious? It turns green, but behind an oversized button making folks like me with wonky eyesight have a bit of trouble seeing it
    • If I had the choice, I would remove the "Community" button from the top of the page and replace it with a "Subscribed Threads" button. For a lot of us, our subscribed threads are how we interact with the community. I for one would never/rarely use the community button but use the (current) User CP option every time I log in. The first thing I do in fact. The extra step to access this isn't the end of the world, but it's annoying and will bug a lot of people if this is still a feature when it goes live I think.
    Thanks for the change though guys, it's needed.

Can I vote for Martin's May The 4th picture being the main one on the masthead?
    ;)

user tools takers you straight to the same option
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    user tools takers you straight to the same option
    Took me ages to figure out what you meant, but once I did...!

Very pleased to figure that out, thanks! Has it always been like that?...
  • elliemoo
    elliemoo Posts: 4,593 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Looks good and will use it when it is finished.

Plenty of clean white space and not too cluttered looking.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport