We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Sneaky Peek - New look MSE forums

Options

Comments

• kermitfrog
    kermitfrog Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    Options
    I'd like to see a 'Previous' and 'Next' button on either side of the thread page numbers at top and bottom of posts.
  • penelopedee_2
    penelopedee_2 Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    Options
    I don't like the blank shadow pictures if we haven't got avatars. Please take them off they look a bit disturbing.

Its is a bit garish and eye tiring but otherwise ok.

I've been using it for a while now and I've changed my mind. I prefer it - if feels much cleaner. :)
    This time I haven't smoked since 6th Jan 2014 and still going ok.
    Fingers crossed x
  • EverDecreasingCircles
    Options
    Apologies if this has already been said - not enough time to read through the whole thread.

I love the new, sleek look. It's much easier to use.

I'm not so keen on the Stats box in the OPs though. I wonder if it's really necessary? It takes up a lot of space. If it really is something people want, could it be a drop down next to Thread Tools maybe? It wouldn't be so intrusive that way.

EDC
    Biggest win: £10,000 from Pepsi
    Favourite win: Handmade jewellery worth £1000
    ITV Winners Club Member #1
    Check out the ITV Winners Club in IWIWIW
    I shall write in ever decreasing circles until I have nothing left to say
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    And just to say we are reading and looking at your suggestions but just because you don't see anything happening if youre using the new look its because we're not rolling this out for weeks.
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • scruffy96uk
    scruffy96uk Posts: 2,925 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    I'm liking the new look it looks jazzy.

The 2 things I don't like are that there is a thank you button on your own posts and I so nearly thanked my self ( how anal would that be). And the other thing is when you have already thanked people and refresh the page the thanks button comes back again so it confuses me with where I have read up to on regular threads like MSE parents thread. I hope you understand what I mean as I'm good at waffling rubbish!!

Sorry if all this has already been said but I don't have time to read back.

Cheers and keep up the good work, I'd be lost without this forum.
    :j
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion
    Ellie 25/12/07
  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thumbs up from me, second, third and fourth the comments re the visual clarity....lovely.

Obviously the 'overlap' from the latest MSE news box needs sorting, but probably been mentioned loads before me.

Thanks to all who do the 'behind the scenes' work . :T
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • katthehat
    katthehat Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Options
    Love the new look, works for me, 'fresh spring clean'

well done to all involved!!
    Kat :money:
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 8 May 2010 at 12:54AM
    Options
    I Have to add I hadn't noticed the "thanks" glitch Martin, I am sure its just teething troubles, but definitely it needs addressing as its confusing us regulars just as much as any new members.

I also think the post about centralizing the stars to match the centralized member status is worth consideration, as well as the comments about the irritating overlapping stats box by the OP, it does tend to "get in the way", could this not be moved to the right along with the other items on the right hand border? (just to tidy it up).

The second paragraph is merely cosmetic related. Everything else looks splendid.
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • freyasmum
    freyasmum Posts: 20,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I could see that the stats box might be a bit of a problem to users with a smaller screen, didn't really bother me though. I do agree it'd be better with a little more space between the body of the post and the signature, but other than that it looks good.

Showed it to my mum just now there and she seems to like it (she does sometimes read the site, but I don't think she's ever posted), and seeing the 'old' format there, it looked quite bare compared to this new look!

It can only get better when any of the kinks are ironed out, I'm keeping it :)
  • tomstickland
    tomstickland Posts: 19,538 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm quite happy with the "old look".
    Happy chappy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing