We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

HTC Desire Vodafone 500mb Fair Usage Policy

Options

Comments

• Yolina
    Yolina Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    edited 18 May 2010 at 4:43PM
    Options
    Finally had a reply... now is this a coincidence as it happens to be shortly after I asked them to provide me with a letter of deadlock if they were unwilling to reply...

So here it is, in all its glory:

"Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry that there has been a delay in getting back to you. I had to do some further research in order to answer your questions.

I agree that we have stated the charges we will levy if we decide to do so. Please wait to see if you are contacted concerning this and if you are we can discuss the matter from there.

The options that we may offer should we contact you have not been finalised as yet; this means I am unable to go into any further detail regarding this.

With reference to your bills all phone calls are billed as per your anniversary billing schedule 4th - 3rd; however, messaging and data is billed as per a calendar billing schedule 1st - last day of the month.

This does not change each month; the date you refer to as the "billing usage charge" is actually the date of the last phone call made during the referenced billing period.

You can disregard this date for the purposes of monitoring your usage patterns. You just need to remember that we start billing messaging and data on the 1st and minutes on the 4th each month."

so I get *yet* again a different reply about the billing date...
    Now free from the incompetence of vodafail
  • karatedragon
    karatedragon Posts: 1,148 Forumite
    Options
    I have become inquisitive on this and have called 191.

I have been told that I can cancel my airtime agreement with VF as this introduction is to my disadvantage.

However, I have had no formal written confirmation of these changes.
  • Yolina
    Options

I have been told that I can cancel my airtime agreement with VF as this introduction is to my disadvantage.

If you try to cancel, they will ask you to pay for the exit penalty fee, as for the other part, according to Vodafone, they haven't changed anything so don't see the point in notifying their customers...
  • essex_chris
    essex_chris Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck getting one. Any member of staff that says that you can cancel with no penalty they will be wearing an outfit made of rocking horse droppings and four leaf clovers [;)]
  • danielz000
    danielz000 Posts: 120 Forumite
    edited 18 May 2010 at 5:02PM
    Options
    Yolina wrote: »
    Finally had a reply... now is this a coincidence as it happens to be shortly after I asked them to provide me with a letter of deadlock if they were unwilling to reply...

So here it is, in all its glory:

was that an email from them yolina? would you mind forwarding it to me? I'm daniel lost on FB.

Cheers
  • danielz000
    danielz000 Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options

don't suppose you recorded that?
  • karatedragon
    karatedragon Posts: 1,148 Forumite
    Options
    danielz000 wrote: »
    don't suppose you recorded that?

;););););)
  • Yolina
    Options
    danielz000 wrote: »
    was that an email from them yolina? would you mind forwarding it to me? I'm daniel lost on FB.

Cheers

Yes it was, I've posted it on the FB group already :p
  • bym007
    bym007 Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    Whats the FB group again please ?

Nevermind that, found and requested membership!
    SAY NO TO INJUSTICE !
  • ZootHornRollo
    ZootHornRollo Posts: 985 Forumite
    edited 18 May 2010 at 5:44PM
    Options
    andywicks wrote: »
    It would seem that we won't be getting further answers any time soon

Originally Posted by VodafoneUK on Twitter
    vodafoneuk: @andywicks As soon as we have further info on this we will add it to the eForum. We don't have any further updates at this time. Thanks ^JH

Andy

does that mean the forum is an official means of communication then???
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family