HTC Desire Vodafone 500mb Fair Usage Policy

Options

Comments

• Yolina
    Yolina Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    Options
    waltsalt wrote: »
    What if we all decide to protest in a different way? Most people have a number of minutes and text messages bundled in their package. Vodafone obviously hand these out for fun because they know very few customers will hit the limits. Well, as way of protest, everybody should start using their phones to the maximum their contacts allow i.e. come the end of the month phone your house number for x amount of minutes and send texts to use up what you have left. This will hit Vodafone where it hurts - in their pockets.

Just remember that the calls/texts need to be to non-Vodafone customers!
    Now free from the incompetence of vodafail
  • oslingsby
    oslingsby Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Yolina wrote: »
    Just remember that the calls/texts need to be to non-Vodafone customers!

Good point, to get full use out of your minutes I suggest calling a 3 mobile, they have the highest termination rate of around 13p a minute if you call during the day and on a weekday.
    Remember landline calls are limited to 60 minutes per call, if you run over this VF may charge you so keep hanging up and do it again.
    If you haven't already get conference calling added to your account so you can make 6 simultaneous calls at one this hammers your minutes in no time and put extra strain on the network.

SMS need to be off network too so no VF numbers
  • danielz000
    danielz000 Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    oslingsby wrote: »
    ... to get full use out of your minutes I suggest calling a 3 mobile, they have the highest termination rate of around 13p a minute ...

I'm starting to like this idea oslingsby/yolina... Looking into it though the termination costs to H3G (aka 3 mobile) are 6.9ppm until March 2011, then they will be 5.9ppm.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/mobile_call_term/statement/
    (see section 1.10 point 5)

So even with my measly 600 minutes a month If I call a 3 mobile number I can run up costs of £41 a month until March 2011 and then £35 a month after that. My line rental is only £35 a month. So once I chuck data and text messages into the equation it becomes expensive to keep me as a customer.
  • Yolina
    Options
    Well I've got 1200 minutes :D but don't know anyone on 3. AFAIK the termination costs to t-mob, O2 and Orange are in the region of 4.3p/minute... so as I've said before, even with disregarding the part of my payment that covers the subsidised handset, I need to use 900 minutes of calls to these networks, that still leaves me 300 minutes to speak to my friends on VF. Add the data, texts and landlines and I am totally uneconomical :p
  • essex_chris
    essex_chris Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    That PDF link is very interesting. Certainly the legal contact is interesting - i may try them for a clarification on the legal positon Vodafone take in regards to all of this.
  • danielz000
    danielz000 Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    Well as I said in a previous post, I cancelled my DD and sent them a final payment.

If they argue, I'll just tell them to reinstate it and buy a H3G pre pay sim.

I bet if you contact 3 and explain your plan they'd be happy to send you as many free sims as you want...

It could be worth a lot of money to them!
  • Yolina
    Options
    three do free payg sims anyway (as do the other networks), just go to their website and request one... but as I've said, I can easily go through 900 minutes calling friends on other networks as it is - it's only about 30 minutes worth of calls a day, easily done :)
  • bym007
    bym007 Posts: 131 Forumite
    edited 20 May 2010 at 11:42AM
    Options
    waltsalt wrote: »
    What if we all decide to protest in a different way? Most people have a number of minutes and text messages bundled in their package. Vodafone obviously hand these out for fun because they know very few customers will hit the limits. Well, as way of protest, everybody should start using their phones to the maximum their contacts allow i.e. come the end of the month phone your house number for x amount of minutes and send texts to use up what you have left. This will hit Vodafone where it hurts - in their pockets.

Umm ... me thinks this is crazy!
    :rotfl:

I have some 3 sims sitting around idle at the moment, might bring them out !
    a 60 minute call every few hours would not hurt! and that BT phone line that I seldomly use, aaaah!
    SAY NO TO INJUSTICE !
  • andywicks
    andywicks Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    andywicks wrote: »
    Just received my first warning for having a post deleted on the Vodafone eForum.

I have also just lodged a formal complaint with Vodafone on both the introduction of these new charges and the way it has all been handled

Andy

I have just received the following in response to my complaint:

Hi Andy

Our position as per the statement on our eForum remains unchanged.

All we have done so far is announced what we will charge you if you exceed 500MB of data over several months and we contact you and you stay on the same plan and continue to exceed 500MB.

We don't accept that you are entitled to cancel or your assertion that we are in breach of the law.

Wishing you well

Andrew Woodvine
    Customer Relations Adviser
    Vodafone UK

To me this confirms that the announcement on the eForum (here: http://forum.vodafon...rnet-charging/) is indeed an Official Announcement, which states that they are introducing our charges.

11.2. You may end this Agreement by writing to us if:
    (a) ...
    (b) ...
    © we increase your Charges in the UK which have the effect of increasing your total call and usage charges (based upon your usage in the previous month) by more than 10% and you write to us before the increase takes effect; or

Yet again I ask the question that, as Vodafone have confirmed that they are introducing new charges, which will have the effect of increasing my total call and usages charges by considerably more than 10% (based on my last month's usage), HOW DOES THIS STATEMENT NOT APPLY????

Andy
  • Yolina
    edited 20 May 2010 at 12:33PM
    Options
    We don't accept that you are entitled to cancel or your assertion that we are in breach of the law.

Well they need to go back to school... introducing a new charge without notifying their customers individually is a breach of contract, isn't? I don't think the "well we put an announcement on our forum" excuse would carry much weight.

Go on Vodafone, keep digging!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family