We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

HTC Desire Vodafone 500mb Fair Usage Policy

Options

Comments

• bym007
    bym007 Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    KevinM2k wrote: »
    get the phone call!

Sorry for editing your post in such a manner :rotfl:, but did they tell you what other options could/would be presented to you on this holy phone call?
    SAY NO TO INJUSTICE !
  • KevinM2k_2
    KevinM2k_2 Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    danielz000 wrote: »
    Nice one mate... Why don't you call them back again and enquire about the fact that it says you need to cancel before the charge is introduced?

It'd be interesting to see what they'll say to that!

I did mention this, and he said, it is all recorded on your account so this wont be a problem at the time, but you will have to wait until then.

I have it all recorded so they really cant backtrack one bit!
  • KevinM2k_2
    Options
    bym007 wrote: »
    Sorry for editing your post in such a manner :rotfl:, but did they tell you what other options could/would be presented to you on this holy phone call?

Changing on to a different data package was one of them... he didn't mention if the data package in question would cost anymore though.

I should of asked you lot a number of questions to get answered when I called then could of given you better answers then VF
  • danielz000
    danielz000 Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    I did mention this, and he said, it is all recorded on your account so this wont be a problem at the time, but you will have to wait until then.

bada bing bada boom
  • swilliam
    swilliam Posts: 212 Forumite
    Options

You ideally want a SE W810i for this because it also timestamps the phone number into the conversation.

Yes you have recorded a phone conversation but with whom and on what number :)

Someting the old phones come in handy for ;)
  • bym007
    Options
    So I suppose people whos phone can record a phone call clearly should get on Vodafone helplines, and get as much clarity on this issue recorded as possible.

Perhaps, we should prepare a set of questions to ask them ?
    SAY NO TO INJUSTICE !
  • Yolina
    Yolina Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    Options
    but did they tell you what other options could/would be presented to you on this holy phone call?

This is one of the questions I asked in my email and for which I have yet to receive a reply...
    Now free from the incompetence of vodafail
  • bym007
    Options
    Yolina wrote: »
    This is one of the questions I asked in my email and for which I have yet to receive a reply...

I suppose this is something, you will only know when you get that "holy phone call"!
    SAY NO TO INJUSTICE !
  • Yolina
    Yolina Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    Options
    I suppose this is something, you will only know when you get that "holy phone call"!

yeah, they probably haven't gone round to making it up yet... I think they're slightly stuck on the bit where I asked them to please explain how I can "predict" the usage billing date as it's different each month - I am arguing, amongst other things, that they haven't got a valid billing basis on which to monitor my usage... so ooops we're into "unfair terms" territory...
    Now free from the incompetence of vodafail
  • KevinM2k_2
    Options
    I believe the holy phone call won't even come... if it does, they'll offer you to upgrade to a 1gb package i'm sure at a price, or they'll charge.

I will 100% bet that cancelling your contract with no fee will not be an option.

I also think that they will keep note of everyone that has complained, put a note on each of the accounts that say do not phone regarding going over limit, as they know we will cancel where as other users may just accept it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport