We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…145146148150151…1488

Comments

  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Glamazon wrote: »

    My downstairs loo & kitchen are spotless - can I manage to keep it like that till Tuesday? :cool:

    Only if you ban everybody else from the house! :rotfl:
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    I have decided to buy cupcakes rather than make them for my cake as we are away until the Tuesday before, so it's one less thing to do. I've only got Tescos close here so any ideas, was going to drive the half hour to Morrisons next week. Decorating can easily be done in an afternoon.
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    tarajayne wrote: »
    Only if you ban everybody else from the house! :rotfl:

    It's only me and OH so shouldn't be too difficult if he can manage to put his plate in the dishwasher and not pee on the seat! :mad:
    Actually I'm the worst offender - for not putting stuff in the dishwasher that is! I let it mount up. :o

    I've wiped down all the cupboards, kickboards, emptied the filters in the WM and changed the bag in the hoover which I hate doing cos I'm frightened what might crawl out :o
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • Mazcabs
    Mazcabs Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    tarajayne wrote: »
    I have decided to buy cupcakes rather than make them for my cake as we are away until the Tuesday before, so it's one less thing to do. I've only got Tescos close here so any ideas, was going to drive the half hour to Morrisons next week. Decorating can easily be done in an afternoon.

    How many you looking for?

    http://www.marksandspencer.com/Cupcakes-Food-to-Order-Food-Wine/b/341246031?extid=ps_ggl_Cakes_CakesCupcakes
    Mum to 2 lovely boys who keep me busy.
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    Mazcabs wrote: »

    Wish I hadnt clicked! Now I want cupcakes!!!

    Works out at 72p per cupcake - I was in ALDI yesterday & they had 4 packs for 89p - either pink or yellow but I have idea of the quality but they looked pwetty!
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    :o Sorry if I opened a can of worms for anyone last night with my reference to the research study. It was years ago now that I read about it in an American journal on autism and at that stage it was in its early stages, so I don't even know what was concluded. Hope I haven't upset anyone by referring to it though. For me, so little is known about the reasons why some people are on the autistic spectrum and how it affects brain development, that I am just generally glad when anyone wants to research the subject, and add to the sum of human knowledge. Though I do agree that there have been some hideous theories in the past like the Bettlheim theory of the refrigerator mother which someone else referred to already. :mad:
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Glamazon wrote: »
    It's only me and OH so shouldn't be too difficult if he can manage to put his plate in the dishwasher and not pee on the seat! :mad:
    Actually I'm the worst offender - for not putting stuff in the dishwasher that is! I let it mount up. :o


    I got half way through the 2nd paragraph and thought you were gonna say you pee'd on the seat! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Mazcabs wrote: »

    Too expensive! :o Was going to order packs of 4 from somewhere!
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    depo- i was in this. took about 3 months for periods to stop but then none at all and just the occasional spotting. (bout 2 times a year).

    did put weight on but then i had changed from a shop job to a desk job (prob didnt help). found the weight i had put on didnt come off as easy but prob more to do with me than anything.

    sex drive- went a bit skewith
    mood swings- hardly any

    used to go every 11 weeks so then if i forgot a week or wasnt able to go i was still covered.

    was on it for 7 years till we decided to try for a baby, they do say now max of 5 years as can lead to osteoporosis (sp) in some women.
    would have gone back on it as no periods was fab, but it took nearly 2 years to get pg and we would like another. GP also concerend that my BP being on the high side i was better on a low dose pill. so am on cerazette which works in the same way as depo but you must take the tablet every day without fail.

    prob more but thats all i can think of
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • greent
    greent Posts: 11,108 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Glamazon wrote: »

    I'm getting so much tidying done! I just Jack would stay in one place while I try and do it!

    Do you not find that he goes around after you, destroying any tidying that you've done and creating a whole new mess to tidy? (Or maybe that stage is still to come for Jack.... it can't be just my children that do that... surely!:p)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20

    2026 Declutter campaign awards 2x star
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.