We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Parents Club Part 12
Comments
-
Depo didn't agree with me at all. I put on weight and was very dizzy for about 4 months (I had 1 injection and switched to the pill after 3 months). Sorry.
Mushroom soup anyone? It's quite yummy
0 -
Do you not find that he goes around after you, destroying any tidying that you've done and creating a whole new mess to tidy? (Or maybe that stage is still to come for Jack.... it can't be just my children that do that... surely!:p)
My boys do that :mad: All the time. They are messy little sods. I usually clean by day and tidy at night.0 -
from Mary /the radmid yahoogroupKrystaltips wrote: »I didn't realise she was infamous lol, how do you know of her?.,..
yum yum! honey nuts are my faves...
edit - my graze box is ming, pumpkin seeds? honey coated nuts? _pale_
Aless if you're singing up again then use my link to get the 2nd box 1/2 price
http://www.graze.com/p/P31LM3V
DribbleKitten - was it you after a P&T? http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/660714/phil-teds-sport-pushchair-red-or-bl
I've seen Marti Pellow in Chicago on the westend :cool:
Those cupcakes are deeeelish! I had them instead of a birthday cake ommyy nommy num!0 -
I thought I'd solved Fitz's bath seat dilemma until I saw the price :eek:
http://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-acqua-bath-seat-pearl-whitesoft-lime/455149901/type-i/0 -
Wow, they look so good!
:jFor Fitz on the job front. That sounds awsome! I hope it works out well for you. Just being nebby, but what housrs/days have you requested?
csh- I think, from reading colleagues' FB pages, that my stand-in has recruited an ex-employee who I have BIG issues with. I really hope it's crossed wires, but I will be mightily peed off if that is the case and no-one contacted me as the previous employer to check references. I'll pop into work this week and get the full story.
We've been clearing out H's room today. It had become a bit of a dumping ground while he was in with us, but it nice and tidy.:DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator
0 -
Time twisters update
Not quite sure where to go from here so i await all your opinions!
EH have just phoned to say he has had a meeting with sick kids and as there has not been any outbreaks or rise in numbers of the virus they cannot do anything. even when i explained that none of the children affected were from Edinburgh and they were from all over Scotland they still said there nothing?
However he did let it slip that the Time Twisters had a company go in on the 15th of April and carry out a 'Deep Clean' do alarm bells not go off here??? EH thought it was strange but as they have been told that there wasnt a problem then they cannot take things any further??? what next as im not happy about this and find it all rather strange.What's for you won't go past you0 -
Sorry if I opened a can of worms for anyone last night with my reference to the research study. It was years ago now that I read about it in an American journal on autism and at that stage it was in its early stages, so I don't even know what was concluded. Hope I haven't upset anyone by referring to it though. For me, so little is known about the reasons why some people are on the autistic spectrum and how it affects brain development, that I am just generally glad when anyone wants to research the subject, and add to the sum of human knowledge. Though I do agree that there have been some hideous theories in the past like the Bettlheim theory of the refrigerator mother which someone else referred to already. :mad:
Nicki Don't worry, i don't think you did (open can of worms or upset anyone).
I was just interested in why some didn't agree with that particular study. Like you, I read everything on the subject some makes sense, some is a load of balls! Hopefully, one day, some genius will do a research study and come up with a final answer for everyone.:beer:0 -
Got an e-mail from my boss this morning asking me to call her when I have time to discuss my flexible working request. I thought "oh oh, doesn't sound good". So gave her a call and she said she is finding it difficult to accommodate me and doesn't think she can. She has explained the reasons to HR and they can understand why.
So, they have come up with another job for me which sounds sooooo much more interesting as I hate my job!!!! It's a new department which is being set up and it's under the scrutiny of the government ministers because of where I work, so all equipment is brand new, and the guy who is heading up the dept is happy to accommodate my chosen hours/days. She has sent me the draft of the job description and it sounds great. Still managing staff, but only 4 this time, with opportunities for development.
It will be the same money as it's the same grade, but my own job was getting very stressful and I needed a new challenge and new experience so sounds like I'm on to a winner. Oooooh, I'm all excited.
If I don't fancy it, she will look again at the options and see if they can come up with something else so I can return to my own job, but I don't want to!!!! To not return to it would be a dream come true!
:j
Lovely pics Gym and Gill.
Thats awesome
ARGH E has been crying since like 4pm, I think OH might have just got him to sleep,hope I am not jinxing us now, he's been awake loads today, heopfully that means he will sleep tonight, he's not had much milk again yet today, about 11ozDebt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid OffMortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
£79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off
Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20
Asda Savings - £0
POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80
~ Emergency Savings: £0
My Debt Free Diary (Link)0 -
Do you not find that he goes around after you, destroying any tidying that you've done and creating a whole new mess to tidy? (Or maybe that stage is still to come for Jack.... it can't be just my children that do that... surely!:p)
Not yet - I still have that delight to come!
Although he did help me clean the kitchen floor, I sat him next to me while I washed it and he grabbed the tea towel off the oven and started wiping the floor. Bless him, I'll train him well
Am actually keeping a diary of daily routines now we are getting up at 6.30am rather than just bottle then back to bed. Need to be able to fill out the forms about routine when we go to creche rather than look blank
I have a spreadsheet - Susan would be proud
A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea
Where does the time go? :think:0 -
Time twisters update
Not quite sure where to go from here so i await all your opinions!
EH have just phoned to say he has had a meeting with sick kids and as there has not been any outbreaks or rise in numbers of the virus they cannot do anything. even when i explained that none of the children affected were from Edinburgh and they were from all over Scotland they still said there nothing?
However he did let it slip that the Time Twisters had a company go in on the 15th of April and carry out a 'Deep Clean' do alarm bells not go off here??? EH thought it was strange but as they have been told that there wasnt a problem then they cannot take things any further??? what next as im not happy about this and find it all rather strange.
Can you please PM me the contact details you have for EH?
We all started getting sick on the 14th, so I'm guessing someone told them about it and thats why they had a deep clean?
Unfortunately none of mine were seen by a doctor, except Amber so there is no proof that they were sick, however I would still like to notify them officially.
My FIL ended up catching it last week after he had been up here too!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards