We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…143144146148149…1488

Comments

  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Fitz, get something in cream or really bold then it will go with anything :D
  • Millie's_Mum
    Millie's_Mum Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    Tia if they really want rid of you won't they make you a better offer if you don't take this one?
    MFW Start Sep 07 £79484, Now £58774
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    weezl74 wrote: »
    tara, can OH ask BIL to do a speech?

    Sometimes people prioritise an event when they know they have a role to play? xxx

    He doesn't know it's a wedding. ;)

    Tia, wouldn't fixing now be a good idea anyway?
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    BeenieCat wrote: »
    No i was at the docs, what was it about?
    Forgot to reply to this... It was about people who could hear their neighbours toilet noises... Made me think of you lol...
    jillie1974 wrote: »
    we're northern rock. we have fixed rate. dunno what will happen when that runs out as we are highly unlikely to get mortgage with anyone else.
    oh well just have to wait and see.

    we had 100% mortgage too :(
    You'll be OK while the rate is so low... :) I fixed mine for 5 years just before everything went a bit wobbly so I'm tied a while yet...

    And I bought my house 10 years ago with their special "together" mortgage... 125% + £5k on a credit card with the same rate... :eek: Explains why I owe £15k more than the house cost me anyway.... And why I really wish I could turn back time and boot my ex out a good year before I finally worked up the courage... But then working 2 jobs, 7 days a week to stop me from losing the house was one of those defining times in my life.... Maybe I wouldn't be the person I am today if I hadn't gone through that?
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Fitzio wrote: »
    Got an e-mail from my boss this morning asking me to call her when I have time to discuss my flexible working request. I thought "oh oh, doesn't sound good". So gave her a call and she said she is finding it difficult to accommodate me and doesn't think she can. She has explained the reasons to HR and they can understand why.

    So, they have come up with another job for me which sounds sooooo much more interesting as I hate my job!!!! It's a new department which is being set up and it's under the scrutiny of the government ministers because of where I work, so all equipment is brand new, and the guy who is heading up the dept is happy to accommodate my chosen hours/days. She has sent me the draft of the job description and it sounds great. Still managing staff, but only 4 this time, with opportunities for development.

    It will be the same money as it's the same grade, but my own job was getting very stressful and I needed a new challenge and new experience so sounds like I'm on to a winner. Oooooh, I'm all excited.

    If I don't fancy it, she will look again at the options and see if they can come up with something else so I can return to my own job, but I don't want to!!!! To not return to it would be a dream come true!
    :j


    Lovely pics Gym and Gill.

    Jammy !!!!er!
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    tarajayne wrote: »
    He doesn't know it's a wedding. ;)

    Tia, wouldn't fixing now be a good idea anyway?
    sorry:o :D I did know that but I meant to add I've been to an engagement do where there were speeches! But do you think it would give it away?

    xxx

    :hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    jillie1974 wrote: »
    we're northern rock. we have fixed rate. dunno what will happen when that runs out as we are highly unlikely to get mortgage with anyone else.
    oh well just have to wait and see.

    we had 100% mortgage too :(

    You could just keep your mortgage running and drop onto the SVR couldn't you?
    according to NR website its 4.79% which isn't great but depends what you fixed at.

    We had a 90% mortgage so really need the base rate to stay low for a while as we won't have much hope of getting a decent fixed rate anywhere else!
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Hello Glam.

    Back in half hour, school run.x
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    tarajayne wrote: »
    Hello Glam.

    Back in half hour, school run.x

    Hello, how you doing?
    How's Poppie?

    I was supposed to send you big hugs last night but I sent them to Tia instead :o Oops!

    I'm getting so much tidying done! I just Jack would stay in one place while I try and do it!
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    0=0 #[0=-l00000000000000000000000000000000000444444444444444444444444444444444444w';;

    /


    t













    rtfffffffxscss/.l./m0-kl00000000000000000
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.