We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…142143145147148…1488

Comments

  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    I'm Northern Rock Jillie... I'm hoping they never want their money back off me, I don't have a hope in wotsits chance of getting a mortgage elsewhere seeing as I don't have a job!
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • Millie's_Mum
    Millie's_Mum Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    Good luck Ladybird, and Congrats Fitzio sounds fab!

    Gonna put on fairy exchange (but i find things tend to get missed on there) a sealed pack of 2 medium flow teats, they are asda's own but fit avent bottles. free to whoever wants them.
    MFW Start Sep 07 £79484, Now £58774
  • angelfairy
    angelfairy Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    Fizio that is great news :)

    and I'm loving the pictures.

    I'm just off to do a quick wardrobe change, and head off to my interview, but I first of all have to tell you the very important news - Izzy has grown out of her first shoes :( ... but she has some new ones :) Proper big girls black patent leather mary-jane type shoes, with a butterfly on the toes. She looks everso grown up in them. I'm glad she is big enough to wear black shoes too - nothing will clash with them! She hates having her feet measured, so the sales assistant just went up from the size she is now, and we tried a few pairs till we worked out what she needed. For someone who loves shoes as much as Izzy, it is a bit inconvenient for her to be scared of the sales assistants, but never mind, I'm sure it will pass! (it's funny though, as she is so friendly with most strangers - it is only the shoe shop and the doctors that she isn't... I need that shrugging icon back.)

    Anyway, must go get changed and out the door. Wish me luck!

    good luck

    we have those shoes :D
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    we're northern rock. we have fixed rate. dunno what will happen when that runs out as we are highly unlikely to get mortgage with anyone else.
    oh well just have to wait and see.

    we had 100% mortgage too :(
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • Fitzio
    Fitzio Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    Just remembered to phone and order flowers for the wedding tomorrow, but didn't know what colour to get my corsage as still undecided about outfit. Dashing out to shops again now! Will catch up later as just skimmed the last posts.
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    OK, I owe £58'000, minus £4000 (if I switched before July 31st) so, £54'000, house was last valued at £60-£65'000 (would be valued at £65'000 for re mortgage). So the whatsit level isn't that great, but we are in equity, just. Our rate right now is flexible and we are not tied in at all. The rate is something stupid, just above the baseline.
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    So it wasn't my fault.
    couldn't agree more Tia
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    (I know, I'm well messed up)

    couldn't agree less Tia:p

    xxx

    :hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Aww Gill, that first one just made me super broody for a newborn!!!

    Jillie, 5sec rule is about half an hour in this house ;)

    Not just me then! I teared up and everything, what a gorgeous baby :D
    Slight OMFG moment with work, but I guess I can worry about that when I go back.

    Congratulations to newly mobile babies, and I am loving the pictures I have seen on here while skimming through.

    Still catching up so not sure you said any more on this but everything OK? x
    jillie1974 wrote: »
    ooh marti pellow is on loose women :happyhear:happyhear:smileyhea:lovethoug

    I was in sooooooooooo in love with him! I was so gutted when I found out he'd be taking smack OMG :eek:
  • greent
    greent Posts: 11,108 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Fitzio - excellent news on the job front :D

    Beenie - well done on going to the Docs x

    So tired.................... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20

    2026 Declutter campaign awards 2x star
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    tarajayne wrote: »
    Doesn't matter Tia, really not important!
    tara, can OH ask BIL to do a speech?

    Sometimes people prioritise an event when they know they have a role to play? xxx

    :hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.