We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Parents Club Part 12
Comments
-
Thanks Weezl! Although Chris does not have Autism, he does have some of the behaviours, so it's interesting to get a big range of views on it.
I do see what you are saying with thoeries being twisted so assign blame. But I do see how it could be correct that some children are somehow pre disposed to certain conditions.
Probably there is no one set cause anyway.
Similar to the Hemi, it can be a bleed in the brain at any point during pregnancy, oxygen deprivation at delivery or even happen for no reason at any point in someone's life (stroke). For Chris we took the most likely explanation, his birth. But it could have happened during the pregnancy at any point (and thats why I refused an MRI for him, I don't think I could handle being told that it had already happened and the birth was just another crappy thing to happen).
But then, as a parent I had a strong need to know why. And at the same time, knowing exactly why scared the crap out of me.
I'll stop rambling now!
0 -
Goodluck ladybird.DS1 12/10/04
DS2 13/07/06
DD1 06/12/070 -
Weezl Thank you.
I think out of all of on here, you are the most unlikely to cause offence to anyone! :A
I'm always questioning in my mind whether J being autistic affected the way he was born, or did the way he was born make him autistic?!?
Does research into autism flit between 'cause' and 'fault' because, in reality, nobody knows (yet)? Also there are so many degrees of autism it's totally baffling?
Things I read/hear about autism don't upset me as a Mum - maybe I have a very thick skin. I think that the researchers are as confused as me, but one day, someone will make a breakthrough and find a definate cause.
My Nana (the one who lacks tact) must have heard about the 'refrigerator environment' as she suggested I hadn't interacted with J enough when he was a baby, and i'd gone back to work full time when he was too young.
But I have another two perfectly 'normal' children who i've brought up exactly the same. ***Confused smiley***
Back to happy things;
My baby daughter is very proud of walking now, and is walking too and from the bathroom, bringing me things from the under-sink cupboard.
Hugs hun, don't feel like this, things are the way they are.
I've had 6 and only DS1 has problems. I believe it was in the womb it started. My scan picked up cysts on his brain so I'm 99% sure parts of his brain didn't develope properly, but other bits over compensate for it. Try not to look back, look forward! :A XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Too many children, too little time!!!
0 -
Thanks guys. It's maybe not my ultimate dream job, but it's something different and challenging. Shame it's not a pay rise too, but I can't really complain! And the bonus is I don't need to interview for it, just have a chat with the guy in charge and if we are both happy then it's mine. I haven't said yes yet, but can't see my knocking it back. I don't want to let my boss down, as she really likes me and has been very encouraging, but I know she would have put in a good word for me and want me to do well. Although there are other managers who know this job is coming up and are waiting on it to be advertised so I won't be popular with them!! I think there are another couple of posts too though so not going to feel too guilty!
Go Jack - you are definitely causing your mummy trouble.
WM - did you take your half day? If so, definitely go for a lie down. And make DH take his turn at getting up during the night!
GOOD LUCK LADYBIRD!!!0 -
was the knowing why scary because you didn't know if it would happen again, or was it the reminder of exactly how very bad things could've been for both of you, or another thing I'm being thick and not getting?
But then, as a parent I had a strong need to know why. And at the same time, knowing exactly why scared the crap out of me.
I'll stop rambling now!
ignore question if too private
:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £400 -
indeedy!Goodluck ladybird.
and pinknico, you need to change your sig, you aren't a lurker, you're one of us
:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £400 -
was the knowing why scary because you didn't know if it would happen again, or was it the reminder of exactly how very bad things could've been for both of you, or another thing I'm being thick and not getting?
ignore question if too private
For me, sorry to butt in
, was because it might have been my fault and that's scary! 
How are you all?
Tia, thanks for your comments last night, was stoopid to get upset as it could be sorted, just had a very bad day, it happens.
Too many children, too little time!!!
0 -
Oh, I got a letter from my morgage company, they want rid of us. They have offered us, £4'000 off the amount we need to repay the morgage and no fees for moving elsewhere!0
-
Fitzio, fab news! Does anyone recall who far in advance I need to make a flexi hours request?
Wish that could happen for me, but our dept just branched off and is now a tiny staff of about 15, so no chance of new positions like that for me
. I can't wait to get my citizenship so I can shop around again...I would actually kill to go back to my previous job before this one, but I'm sure the odds are they won't be hiring when I'm looking early next year.
Just got back from mahoosive Tesco shop and now I really want a nap...and also realise that even though we put nappies in the trolley, somehow we didn't pay for or come home with any - !!!!!!?? Oh well, the £2 off coupon still scanned for them though, lol...top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne
would like to win a holiday, please!!
:xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j0 -
fitzio - excellent job news!
elle - remember not getting chance to reply when you commented about me job sharing, it's an idea but I think they would refuse it so not even going to suggest it. Apart from the job / politics, the commute is a nightmare 3 hours a day so childcare would be for 13 hours a day and so I think it's best I look more locally.
beenie - I really do hope the hv / ho comes up with something positive. And that you do get to the gp and get a sympathetic ear, perhaps they could add some weight to the moving?
som, aless, lou, jenny - lovely afternoon yesterday, thank you! The shopping was good too - DP thinks Tom's new highchair is great, mummy loves that the extra storage crates is making her lounge shelves look less like a car boot sale.
Tom is a sodding nighmare at the mo - he's 19 weeks old and is feeding every couple of hours and it's draining me and driving me mad, is this a growth spurt or should I think about weaning!?0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards