We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Parents Club Part 12
Comments
-
Becles, sounds like you had a horrendous time when you were pregnant. The boot camp sounds good - will they give you info on eating etc or is it an exercise thing? Either way you should give it a go, you've nothing to lose (get it?:D)
The website said I will get access to an area with a suggested eating plan and stuff. She said she's written it as a Mam of two so it fits in with family life and there are no forbidden foods so you don't end up craving something you are not allowed.
Not really keen on set diets as I like to cook one meal for the whole family, can't be bothered to faff on weighing portions out and don't like ones that dictate what you must have for meals. I don't want to force down a bowl of soup because the diet says so, when I really fancy a ham sandwich! I'd rather just cut out eating crap (which I have done apart from odd occasions), and put a bit less food than normal on my plate. I find that easier to follow and stick to.
The lady emailed me back and has offered a free trial session, so I'm going to take up her offer on that :cool:
My gorgeous little boy Thomas was born on April 27th at 5.15am weighing a very healthy 8lb 5oz. We came home yesterday and DH and I are absolutely smitten with him and slowly (very slowly!) adapting to life with a newborn.
Can anyone tell me which brand of sleepsuits have long legs?
Congrats and lovely to meet you.
I never really bothered with newborn size stuff. I just put mine straight into 0-3 months size and turned the cuffs back on the sleeves. They were all smaller than your baby too - 5lb 11oz, 6lb 2oz and 7lb 3oz.got-it-spend-it wrote: »One of my best friends did this and it worked well for her. She's actually done it twice- November and January I think, going three times a week and sticking to a strict diet of nothing processed, no dairy, no caffeine etc. She doesn't have kids though and I do think it would be challenging if you do, as the classes at her one started at 6am! Not good if you've had a broken night.
They do early morning sessions with this one, but I'll not get there as I'm on my own with the bairns at that time of the morning as Craig works early shifts. Might make the 8am Saturday one though.
No caffine :eek::rotfl:edit - my graze box is ming, pumpkin seeds? honey coated nuts? _pale_
Me and Charlotte loved both of those when I was getting the boxes
kindofagilr wrote: »
What do you mean by boot camp? do you go and stay there? like the biggest loser show? I say go for it
It's just an hour session. This is the link to it:
www.nolippybootcamp.comKrystaltips wrote: »I'm Northern Rock Jillie... I'm hoping they never want their money back off me, I don't have a hope in wotsits chance of getting a mortgage elsewhere seeing as I don't have a job!
Similar here. I'm on SVR now as my fixed rate ran out last year, but I don't have the income to remortgage elsewhere as I don't work many hours now. Also I'm self employed with unaudited accounts as I just do them myself as it's not worth paying someone to do them for the amount I earn. Can't get a joint mortgage with Craig as his credit history is shocking, so nobody would touch him and I don't really want to be linked to him as my credit history is squeaky clean.
Have always paid NR on time and have never missed a payment and I'm only about 28% LTV, but still nobody will have me due to the income thing.
Back from the Metrocentre with Little Miss Fashionista. She picked several t-shirts mainly with sparkly bits or sequins on, some pink pyjamas and some metallic gladiator sandals with jewels on.
Took her to Subway for lunch and she loved that. The childrens meals is quite good value for money. She had a ham and salad sandwich, a bottle of juice and either crisps or a cookie for £1.99. She chose the cookie and they had stools so we sat in and ate them.
Had a good day and really enjoyed it :cool:Here I go again on my own....0 -
Amber had a wee go at the laptop there. Practising her standing. She is now sitting with a metal bowl and a wooden spoon and its great apparently.
I've a load of button mushrooms to use up, anyone any ideas? I also have onions and some cheeses but not much else. Any easy mushroom soup recipes? Or I wonder something with shortcrust pasty? I'm good at shortcrust pasty.0 -
Poppie's doing well thanks. Giving her Mummy a hard time with wanting to be cuddled! 8lb3oz now.
How are you both doing, apart from giving you a fright?Too many children, too little time!!!
0 -
if it helps any.. DS1 was a rather horrendous 36 hours labour.. he was stuck and his heart rate went sky high.. and his temp went very low.. and he is absolutely fine.. apart form the disability of being in the terrible 2's since he was 17 months!
DD1 everything fine and straight forward.. congenital hip dysplasia..
DS2.. straight forward piece of pee pregnancy.. born at 32 weeks after 3.5 DAYS in labour.. had 2 cardiac arrests at birth and was starved of oxygen leading to a whole array of problems.. but he is here and functional and doing ok.. apart from the 5 stitches in his head..
DD2.. piece of cake labour until her heart rate started dropping.. absolutely fine
DS3.. born at 31 weeks.. other than his Aspergers.. inherited from his dad he is fine
DD3.. bladder problems.. just 'one of those things'.. lost heart trace and had emCS at 35 weeks..
DD4.. had horrendous time.. 2 contractions, massive bleed, almost killed us both.. he has CP
DD5.. 3.5 day labour.. 34 weeks... paediatrician says anything that can scream like like that is NOT coming in my SCBU!!!!
I am very much of the opinion if these things are going to happen there is very little anyone can do to stop it.. and I do think most often it is noones fault.. though with mine there are a couple of morons at fault.
You cannot blame yourself.. without proof it is your fault of course.. otherwise you do end up as loopy as I am!LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14Hope to be debt free until the day I dieMortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)0 -
TMI alert ......went to nurse today for smear
..why is it I can give birth no probs but freeze up at having a smear????
talked about contraception and told her Dr last time wouldnt let me stay on pill due to odd fag and my age.. so she said about various options and plummed for depo.... anything I need to look out for, I know a few of you have this?Mum to 2 lovely boys who keep me busy.0 -
No idea Maz, sorry, but am interested in what anyone has to say about it!Too many children, too little time!!!
0 -
Hugs hun, don't feel like this, things are the way they are. Try not to look back, look forward! :A XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
I'm not sad or looking back Tara!
But i'll accept your hugs anyway.
We've had some genetic/chromosone testing done on J but everything comes back normal, which is good that he hasn't got 'ABC', and 'XYZ' didn't cause it, but doesn't tell you what it is or did cause it iykwim!'
I think the next stage was MRI but I decided against it because it looked scarey for him, and I was already pregnant with L so didn't want to find out it was something she could also have iykwim!
PP After all of those terrifying births, you're doing it again. You really must be loopy!
My car is now MOT'd - only needed a bulb and a wiper blade.
:beer:0 -
Great news an the MOT
, sorry to get it wrong
, must learn to keep gob shut :cool:. X Too many children, too little time!!!
0 -
Poppie's doing well thanks. Giving her Mummy a hard time with wanting to be cuddled! 8lb3oz now.
How are you both doing, apart from giving you a fright?
Glad she's doing well and her weight is really coming on
Yeah not bad. Just got a very busy 3 weeks coming up and then I'm back in work which I'm excited about but gonna miss my little boy.
He's changing every day and I'm amazed at how he's learning every day and how quickly he's gone from being a baby who would just lie there to moving about, shouting at me and making me laugh
:rotfl: :eek::(:):o (sums it all up at the mo!)
My downstairs loo & kitchen are spotless - can I manage to keep it like that till Tuesday? :cool:A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea
Where does the time go? :think:0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

