We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…147148150152153…1488

Comments

  • cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    They have said as its not a notifyable virus they do not have to take any further action? however if it was norovirus then they would. The 2 virus' are very similar so why can 1 be on the list and not the other?
    will pm you in a second Tia x
    What's for you won't go past you
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Caz - I'm not sure how others will feel but I would personally leave it. From the nhs info it seemed to me that it could have just as easily been a not 100% recovered child that happened to be there at the same time as you that passed it on, something I suppose you risk whenever going to a playcentre :undecided
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • Somnium
    Somnium Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    Fitz - fab news about the job

    Gym - lovely pic of Guy, glad you figured out photobucket

    Gill - your lil man is such a cutie thaks for sharing the pics

    Aless - that's random about the nappys! Wonder if they fell of the conveyor belt?

    Beenie - pleased to hear the doc is on your side

    Always - yeay for tom liking his new highchair but boo for his feeding hope it's just one of those phases as we like to say lol

    3 - yeay for car passing it's mot!

    Glam - jack just wants to keep you on your toes, I know it's a bit eek! But yeay for him doing new stuff.

    Kindof - hope E sleeps well for you so you get a break x!

    Caz - I suppose the prob EH have is without more proof them it's your word against there's, bit of a mine field!

    Mmmm nommy cup cakes ... Want!

    Was gonna ask beenie what a graze box was but see Sami posted a link, they look good but expensive, are they any good?

    Been looking at getting a bumbo from eBay did have my heart set on a lush lime green one but went for too much IMO! So wondered wot a reasonable price for one is and if any one has any other suggestions where to get one?

    !!!
    Baby :female: Tahlie Lois born 15/3/10 7lb 12 oz :heartpuls
    Working on baby no2 :D
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    I'm with Sami, there's always going to be idiot parents taking ill children to play centres or sending them to school... Our local soft play closed a couple of weeks ago for a deep clean, AFAIK there's nothing sinister in it... It took the smell of feet out for a couple of days (but didn't make the balls in the baby pit look any better). It shows a sense of responsibility more than anything... At least they're trying...

    I don't really see that there's any further you can take it if EH are satisfied?
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My soup was yummy.

    Christopher has juts drawn all over his bum. Bath time?
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 29 April 2010 at 5:47PM
    Oh yeah, my joolz rain cover arrived today so time to sell my twister :( I don't want to sell either of them, I love them both.

    Quite pleased, first quote for the stairs and a velux window to the loft, £1210, and the guy was nice. (sorry, very random but as DH is working I can't share my excitement with him)
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    I thought I'd solved Fitz's bath seat dilemma until I saw the price :eek:
    http://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-acqua-bath-seat-pearl-whitesoft-lime/455149901/type-i/

    10% off and £5 vouchers knocking around?

    Tara I think it's SJ that does cupcakes, if she can get them delivered safely :)

    Work nightmares continue, I will be working late tonight, but right now Molly is playing at pretending to BF and I'm stuck here.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    DH just told me his mum and dad are going to buy a carseat for Kian this evening, isnt it best to have the baby/child with you when buying??
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Forgot to reply to this... It was about people who could hear their neighbours toilet noises... Made me think of you lol...

    Lol. Luckily i don't hear those!! I'd be forever puking if i could.

    The music playing neighbours have been quiet, but to make up for it, the other side have done nowt but bang all day :mad::mad::mad: They're blatantly doing it to be funny cos i complained about her moronic nephew.

    I saw the woman who wanted a swap but has now moved anyway.

    She said after she'd spoken to me and i gave no straight answer, she went to the council and said i might swap with her.

    They told her they wouldn't allow me to swap into a 2 bed house because i have a boy and a girl?!??!?!!!!! Well what the foooooooooooooook?? They won't let me apply for an empty 3 bed house, but they won't let me swap into a 2 bed??

    Idiots!!!!
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    jillie1974 wrote: »
    DH just told me his mum and dad are going to buy a carseat for Kian this evening, isnt it best to have the baby/child with you when buying??
    I don't think it matters really, the only reason the boys have been with me is because they always are on weekdays when the council info place is open

    SS it's still £22 after the voucher & disc when the one usually in tesco etc is £10 :)
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.