We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…150151153155156…1488

Comments

  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Beenie look up the police nonemergency number and if they start up call it. Tell them you've an ongoing noise dispute and they've cranked it up because they know EH is closed.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • Beenie- sorry to hear that about missing out on the house. That is just so infuriating.

    csh- current employer, current store and most of the same team. There is a policy that we can re-employ previous staff, but you usually speak to the old manager first!
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Evening all...

    I'm feeling rather "meh!" tonight...

    Work was yawn-enducingly dull - a day in my old job, clearly :( There wasn't much organised for me to do despite them all having been told to make sure they have stuff ready for me (told by the top dogs to make sure they get their money's worth out of me.. nice! :cool:) then at the last minute they came up with a mass of jobs for me to do on Tuesday when I'm next in.

    Then I came home to find an email from Rhys' nurse basically telling me I'd been doing Rhys' meds wrong for months - we've been putting them in his milk as that's the easiest/guaranteed way for him to take them and I've had a telling off that he should be taking them by syringe only "by now!". Made me feel like a !!!! parent for not knowing :( Then I'd asked if it would be okay to make his bottles up in batches for the day rather than as required (like I've done without fail for the last five months since he's been having formula) and she's veto'ed that idea too and made me feel like crap for even suggesting such a thought. Maybe I'm just tired and worn out from work but it made me feel like a really crappy mum in need of a good cry :(

    Sorry to be so whingy... I'll go have a nap and be back later xx
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Elle, it sounds like it's just her opinion rather than medical advice hun. I'd ignore it and tell her to !!!! off. In those words too.
  • kindofagilr
    kindofagilr Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    (((Hugs))) elle stupif nurse xxx
    Debt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid Off
    Mortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
    £79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off

    Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
    HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
    Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
    Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20

    Asda Savings - £0

    POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80

    ~ Emergency Savings: £0

    My Debt Free Diary (Link)
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    evening .. and hello to everyone ..

    havent caught up as ive just got in jumped in the bath, philips cooking dinner and just about to pour a glass of wine ..

    3 i did see your comment quick .. cheers for missing me ive been either so busy or too tired just lately everythings been go go go .. had a great time really needed it had girlie time and even got my hair plucked for the first time EVER! wasnt as bad as i thought :D my hair is a so so but i do love the colour ..

    ooops theres my dinner .. i promise i will catch up and see how everyones doing missing you all x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Stupid nurse elle.

    Baby keeps using my boobs as a teething/scratching toy. I'm getting to be close to the end of my tether this evening. I'm covered in scratches and both nipples are chomped and burning :(
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    SugarSpun wrote: »
    Tara I think it's SJ that does cupcakes, if she can get them delivered safely :)

    It had crossed my mind. :o
    BeenieCat wrote: »
    Apparently the rule is that boy and girl can share til eldest is 10 or 11 (don't know which). I'm not aware of any rules about sharing with parents, it was hard enough finding info on siblings!!

    She told them my daughter was a baby and they told her it's irrelevant. I wish i knew the name of the person who told her that. :mad:

    They haven't got a clue. But basically she was told that and then moved into private rented. If she hadn't been told that, she would have come back to me!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

    Within 2 weeks you'll have a very eager MP ready to prove themselves and show how good they are. You go to an MP Surgery (weird name) tell them not about your neighbours but break down sobbing about your abusive Ex and how you live in fear, believe me, they will sort it! Play the game. ;) Bad I know but you need to get out one way or another, oh and take a crying baby with you! :p
    elle_gee wrote: »
    Evening all...

    I'm feeling rather "meh!" tonight...

    Then I came home to find an email from Rhys' nurse basically telling me I'd been doing Rhys' meds wrong for months - we've been putting them in his milk as that's the easiest/guaranteed way for him to take them and I've had a telling off that he should be taking them by syringe only "by now!". Made me feel like a !!!! parent for not knowing :( Then I'd asked if it would be okay to make his bottles up in batches for the day rather than as required (like I've done without fail for the last five months since he's been having formula) and she's veto'ed that idea too and made me feel like crap for even suggesting such a thought. Maybe I'm just tired and worn out from work but it made me feel like a really crappy mum in need of a good cry :(

    Sorry to be so whingy... I'll go have a nap and be back later xx

    (((Hugs))). DD was told syringe only, but half of it is spat out! :cool: Do what most of us do, agree with her and carry on how you know works. :A XXX
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I've emailed her back to tell her I feel like rubbish now :p I've asked why he can't have them in his milk which guarantees he'll take them all instead of spitting them back out.. Will await her reply (and carry on!) :cool: We're seeing one of the consultants tomorrow (heart scan) so might sound him out on his thoughts if the chance arises.. :o
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Glamazon wrote: »
    Although he did help me clean the kitchen floor, I sat him next to me while I washed it and he grabbed the tea towel off the oven and started wiping the floor. Bless him, I'll train him well ;)
    I think "cleaning" the kitchen floor is Alice's favourite job. She always wants to do it.
    Glamazon wrote: »
    I have a spreadsheet - Susan would be proud :p
    :T
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.