We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…153154156158159…1488

Comments

  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,152 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Sorry.. sometimes I read too much...
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    elle_gee wrote: »
    I've emailed her back to tell her I feel like rubbish now :p I've asked why he can't have them in his milk which guarantees he'll take them all instead of spitting them back out.. Will await her reply (and carry on!) :cool:

    Sorry, been lurking :D .... Elle, we were told the reason meds shouldn't be given in milk is because it doesn't guarantee that the baby gets the whole dose - what happens if they leave a quarter of the bottle that time? They've only had 3/4 of the meds. We were advised that, if we wanted to give them in milk, we should put about a 1/4 of the milk into a bottle and add the meds to that; feed it (so they get the whole dose); and then give the rest of the milk feed.

    Goes back to lurking ..... :wave:
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

    MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

    :) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Hellooooooo Tigs! XXXXXXX
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • kindofagilr
    kindofagilr Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Wow I really could have done with not reading PP's post :(

    That linkie article is horrible :(
    Debt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid Off
    Mortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
    £79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off

    Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
    HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
    Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
    Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20

    Asda Savings - £0

    POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80

    ~ Emergency Savings: £0

    My Debt Free Diary (Link)
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Oooo, talking about Tax credit overpayments.
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • tarajayne wrote: »
    Oooo, talking about Tax credit overpayments.

    :rotfl::rotfl: I was saying the same thing!!


    I am also browsing tesco thanks to SS *rolleyes* :D
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Some guy I friended to join my clan on vampires. :D He has said I'm attractive twice, fit twice and very fit once. He has also said he will shoot my neighbour for payment in kind! lol
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    tarajayne wrote: »
    Makes me cry and feel angry at the same time!
    Sadly I've read worse.
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    I don't want to comment on abortions, but can you imagine how the parents feel? Can't imagine they made an easy choice and then to find out that their baby survived it must be terrible.
    (Whited so people can choose whether to read it.)
    In the US there was a case where the baby was born alive and the mother requested medical help but they locked her in a room with the baby until it was too late. They made a film about it called 23 weeks. I'm sure it wasn't an isolated case.
    pigpen wrote: »
    The partial birth abortions are far more barbaric but quicker!!.. though there is no chance of survival there. I couldn't believe any civilised society would actually allow this to happen.. absolutely evil.
    Apparently they aren't used in the UK. And have now been banned as a method in the US. Although personally I find the commonly used alternative method to PBA far more gruesome.
    pigpen wrote: »
    Sorry.. sometimes I read too much...
    Me too. :(
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Aww just found out DS' great-nana passed away on his birthday. I am soooooooo rubbish at knowing what to say when told things like that. I spoke to grandma (it was her mam) and she wasn't gonna tell me but i asked how great nana was and she sounded teary. :( Feel like i totally put my foot in it. She was 98 like, and had been deteriorating for some time now.
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Yeah, well, I have enough hang ups with almost terminating Amber, so I'm going to duck out of this one girls.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.