We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…154155157159160…1488

Comments

  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,152
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    SusanC wrote: »
    Apparently they aren't used in the UK. And have now been banned as a method in the US. Although personally I find the commonly used alternative method to PBA far more gruesome.

    I am not sure if they ever were.. but they were still permitted up to at least middle of last year in certain states of the US

    **trots off for more up to date info and no doubt to read more gruesome stuff.. **
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,152
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    Yeah, well, I have enough hang ups with almost terminating Amber, so I'm going to duck out of this one girls.

    I almost terminated DS3 as well.. the important thing is.. we didn't. I had the appointment booked and everything..

    My mother wanted to abort my youngest sister too.. good job she didn't.. she would have noone to look after her when she is old and more obnoxious than she is already :p
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Sami_Bee wrote: »

    Hi

    Yes it was me, I've been eyeing that deal for a while and may buy it tomorrow before it runs out. I wanted to wait until after 20 week scan but it works out pretty cheap. Hmmm. And to complicate matters further friends said they have a Dash, and that that's tons better than the Sport. Thinking time...

    Som - Will send you a message, how do you fancy maybe Tuesday pm next week?

    Am currently trying to put photos on facebook and it's driving me mental so thought I'd come here - how do I find you lovely folk on facebook then?

    We had MMR. Level of tears and yells was equal to last weeks new shoes trauma, so pretty bad, but soon forgotten, if not by me!
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    Yeah, well, I have enough hang ups with almost terminating Amber, so I'm going to duck out of this one girls.
    Sorry. I do try to restrain myself on this topic because whilst I do feel very strongly I appreciate that it could be a sensitive subject for others.
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    I'm off for tonight, I'll have nightmares! X
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    !!!!!! is wrong with the council??

    I've just got a copy of the latest exchange list and i'm no longer on it?!!
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    tarajayne wrote: »
    Crappy subject, lets change.

    Who's chatting you up?
    tarajayne wrote: »
    Gordon Brown looked very uncomfortable then!

    Gordon and Tia :eek::rotfl:
    I am also browsing tesco thanks to SS *rolleyes* :D

    Don't blame me if you can't control your clicking fingers :p

    Husband and Little Miss Shoutypants have gone to bed. I'm raging, Husband moved a shelf today to find under it stained and stinking of cat pee. If that bastage cat wasn't already dead I'd kill him :mad:
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • My_Fathers_Daughter
    My_Fathers_Daughter Posts: 8,691 Forumite
    edited 29 April 2010 at 9:26PM
    I hope I am not alone when I say I don't like the termination talk. Whilst I appreciate that some like to read and upset themselves I don't and I don't really feel that it has any place on a parenting thread.

    Can I respectfully request that any such discussion goes down to Discussion Time :o


    In happy news (and in a vain attempt to change the subject) Benjamin's CM was beside herself with excitement when I picked him up tonight because he had been playing at 'going to nursery' with the girls (2 and 4) getting ready, carrying his bag, singing with the girls and then shouting 'yay mummummumm' at hometime :rotfl::rotfl:



    Edit - if I am a lone voice I will b00ger off and see you all soon xxx
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    oh tara im just coming back and you're off .. catch you tomorrow ma dear ..

    hi jillie .. sorry i disappeared was off doing things ..

    beenie sorry DS's great nan passed away ..

    on the subject of abortion i did a project on it at college and the stories and facts of it scarred me for life x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • greent
    greent Posts: 11,108
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    My boys do that :mad: All the time. They are messy little sods. I usually clean by day and tidy at night.

    yep....... totally with you there........
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20

    2026 Declutter campaign awards 2x star
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.