We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…11261127112911311132…1488

Comments

  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,152 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Fitzio wrote: »
    Hmm, I think your friend is a bit mixed up unless she knows something the rest of us don't. I think there are plans to reduce the threshold for tax credits and to possibly stop Child Benefit being automatic to everyone and make it means tested, but nothing has been set in stone yet.
    .

    Or maybe she is mixing it up with child trust fund?
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    edited 16 June 2010 at 9:10PM
    Evansangel wrote: »
    Beenie, give me her number? I tell her where to go! lol.

    Can i pick your brains please? :D I need an ebay title for DH's old ipod.

    Its an Ipod Classic, black, scratched on the back, 30gb and the headphone socket doesn't work well. It only lets you hear out of one earphone.
    I dont want to put 'Faulty' as during my research all the 'faulty' listings only had upto £12.

    It works perfectly fine other than the headphone thing :D

    Well you could just title it as normal, and without putting "Excellent condition" or anything in the title. Just like "iPod Classic 30gb black" and just make sure you describe it well and make it clear.

    This one has the exact same problem so it must be quite common and it went for a good price http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5th-GEN-iPOD-CLASSIC-30GB-faulty-broken-d-amaged-spares-/170498188697?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_PortableAudio_MP3Players&hash=item27b27be599

    I haven't watched this all the way through but it's a fix apparently :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvZUXQ-l0wY
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Ah yeah she probably is. I think being on MSE all the time i'd know about such things before her, surely! :D

    Fitz can i be a coward and do it over text? :p She'll probably ring me though to screw with my head. Omg why do i get myself into these situations?!
  • elliebobs
    elliebobs Posts: 453 Forumite
    Beenie (and others); am just lurking so sorry to butt in but I work in Goverment legislation and can reassure you that until the budget announcement on next Tuesday no one knows what is happening with CTC and IS (or indeed Chb for that matter). Anything anyone tells you at this point is pure speculation (and probably groundless!).
    Hope that reassures some of you.
    I'll booger back off to just lurking now!

    P.S I agree with the others; tell her to do one!
  • Hi elliebobs!

    Do you lurk here often?

    :D
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,010 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot of people MIA???
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • Evansangel
    Evansangel Posts: 6,791 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Thanks Beenie :D
    I have listed it now, hopefully it sells!

    Taking my old phone to CEX tomorrow to sell, should get about £20-30 hopefully :D

    And i have some more stuff under the stairs in my 'for sell' box to list on ebay :)
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    :hello: elliebobs ...

    beenie its not a situation .. you've ended it .. done x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    my child has only just gone to bed :mad: driving me bloody nuts - I missed that window of opportunity! He was overtired from creche so he's a right grump. I can't find the monitor so don't know if he's crying or not - bad mummy!

    hi ellie! don't lurk :)

    Beenie - stay strong with it, just repeat yourself to her over and over and over. Text her, then ignore her if she phones you. Simples ;)

    After Krystal's announcement and Sami & EA mentioning CDM I just realised I'm CDM35 :eek: Last cycle was 31 so am pushing my luck a little bit :o
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    elliebobs wrote: »
    Beenie (and others); am just lurking so sorry to butt in but I work in Goverment legislation and can reassure you that until the budget announcement on next Tuesday no one knows what is happening with CTC and IS (or indeed Chb for that matter). Anything anyone tells you at this point is pure speculation (and probably groundless!).
    Hope that reassures some of you.
    I'll booger back off to just lurking now!

    P.S I agree with the others; tell her to do one!

    You should butt in more often IMO :p:beer:

    Thanks for the info, your job sounds interesting/stressful :D

    Ah well all the more reason to tell her to do one, cos on Tues when Slimy Cameron tells us scummy single parents on benefits to get off our !!!!!! and get a job pronto, then i won't have time to look after a bad mannered ignorant cheeky brat :A:T
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.