We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…11281129113111331134…1488

Comments

  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    elliebobs wrote: »
    good move; tell her that until the Chancellor tells me personally, it ain't happening! FWIW I think she's talking about Incapacity Benefit which is prob gonna be phased out at some point in the distant future (over four years is the timeline being bandied about).

    I just checked her facebook cos she's one of these to update her status with every other breath and sure enough she's got it as:
    Ok lets see. Single mum with a baby. Child tax credits being taken out, that's £64 a week less money coming in. Income support being frozen, never going up! To cap it all, child benefit stopping at thirteen instead of eighteen. I'm screwed. CONSERVATIVE = POVERTY! To all the people who voted for the evil low income haters, i pray bad things in your lives!

    I can't be bothered correcting her, it's got like 30-odd comments with people believing it

    I'm sending babba vibes in your direction :male::female:
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Hello, just caught up, Ben is ok thanks MDW, as I haven't heard from the hospital then that means all is ok apparently so PHEW!!!

    Re TC and IS, I reckon the benefit system is in for a shake up, don't know what but the Tories won't stand for shelling out loads, if any of you are old enough to remember the last Tory Government the gap between poor and rich was so huge I feel sick just thinking about it.
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • got-it-spend-it
    got-it-spend-it Posts: 5,016 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Not good WI news, I'm afraid SM! I put on 0.5lb, but I'm actually quite happy with that as I ate everything in sight last week on holiday. Back on it now though (except tonight). Will pop over to BWSC in a sec. It is quiet on there at the mo.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • MadDogWoman_2
    MadDogWoman_2 Posts: 2,376 Forumite
    edited 16 June 2010 at 9:35PM
    I'm glad I'm back I've missed you all :)

    Yeah for Ben's ankle - hopefully it's just a bad sprain, I've done that and it's hurts just as much. How long until you go on your hollibobs.
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    DD Katie born April 2007!
    3 years 9 months and proud of it
    dreams do come true (eventually!)

  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    tara to which is why im getting myself a better job ready for it all ... glad ben is ok though must be a relief with everything thats planed x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    I'm glad I'm back I've missed you all :)

    and we missed you :)

    gah, I need to go and do lunchboxes for tomorrow but I CBA! I have a canteen so can buy stuff but OH moans that's not very MSE and I need to make him something anyway! Oh poop, I don't wanna move!!

    AWWWWWW Jack made a Father's Day card at Creche :A It's his foot prints with the most beautiful poem inside about following Daddy that I welled up when I read it! It's hidden in the boot of the car atm. Need to get a Tobelerone and hope the mug I ordered turns up!
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • Sarah_Joanne
    Sarah_Joanne Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Aless if you're about, how's your boob??

    I'm trying to decide if I'm hungry for tea seeing as I only had lunch (fish 'n' chips) at 4, or whether I should just go to bed.
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    Glamazon wrote: »
    AWWWWWW Jack made a Father's Day card at Creche :A It's his foot prints with the most beautiful poem inside about following Daddy that I welled up when I read it! It's hidden in the boot of the car atm. Need to get a Tobelerone and hope the mug I ordered turns up!

    awwwwww bless stuff like that really gets me to .. philip doesnt want presents but i think i'll get the kids to help me make him his favourite cake :D x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    sj sandwhich and a cuppa should do it :D x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Big bahhhhh to Fathers Day! Not really, just wish I could do what he does on Mothers Day which is not a lot but of course I won't!
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.