Slimming World - Extra Easy weight loss!!

Options

Comments

• TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    yamamama wrote: »
    Had my first WI last night and only lost 0.5 lb so was a bit disappointed.:( I did find it all a bit confusing at first trying to get my head round it all, so have decided to do the red/green days this week to see how it goes. I notice people having mug shots - are these free or syns? Got some in cupboard so wanted to make sure before I started eating them.
    My meals today on red were:
    B 2 x Weetabix (heb) 250ml ss milk (hea)
    L 2 slices wholemeal bread 400g (heb) and laughing cow triangles (hea)
    D Stir fried chicken with loads of beansprouts as I really like them - sad eh!
    Had fruit as snacks and mullerlight.

Does this seem ok for a red day?

Well done to all the losers.

Some mug shots are free, i know the tomato & herb are soo are chicken, chow mein & sweet n sour on green.
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Evening everyone

Well done on the losses folks :j

Been shopping again today ... Im getting through fresh ingredients like they are going out of fashion :p -Luckily I have a 2 freezers packed with meat n things -but the veg n fruit Im chomping is quite impressive -I have had to take over part of what was once hubbies beer fridge :rotfl:-its in the basement and is a normal under the counter fridge ... so he has to share now :p

I did the sweet n sour for dinner (will post the recipe in the morning if anyone wants it)-it was nice but lacking something for us -so when hubby had the leftovers warmed up he crushed a dry chilli in (I tried a forkfull and it was much better )
    Tomorrow Im making Lancashire hot pots from one of the SW cookbooks mmmmmmmmmm

I have to say....don't most of you seem to eat very little :eek: ...I know a lot of mine is fruit n veggies ,,, but I swear if I ate as little as some of you do I would be chewing the table leg by lunch time :rotfl:
    Hubby has decided that he will get me a wii consol and the fit board and game thingy as a VERY early xmas pressie :Tso hopefully we will get that at the weekend, and then I can get my backside moving ....
    right I will get off -have a good night everyone :D
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • ~daisy~_2
    ~daisy~_2 Posts: 2,566 Forumite
    Options
    have been and signed up and got my stuff
    wow those food diary sheets arent laid out that well imo - cant go next week so first weigh in in a fortnight - fingers crossed

todays food

B - 1 poached egg 1 bacon 1 satsuma
    L - boiled rice tuna mixed salad balsamic vinegar
    D - jkt potato baked chicken thighs mixed salad yoghurt and mint dressing ( FF mayo and LF yoghurt )

HEA - 250 s/s milk
    HEB - 1 wholemeal toast 1 alpen light

Syns - 1 tbsp olive oil - 6 1 tbsp FF mayo - 5 = 11

hows this look ?

xx
    :j MFi3 wannabee :j
    mortgage owing 04.07 £36,000
    mortgage owing 07.10 £0 !!!!
  • chops22
    chops22 Posts: 650 Forumite
    Options
    MRSMCAWBER wrote: »
    Evening everyone
    I have to say....don't most of you seem to eat very little :eek: ...I know a lot of mine is fruit n veggies ,,, but I swear if I ate as little as some of you do I would be chewing the table leg by lunch time :D

I was thinking this too, and feeling like a right gready gertie!!!!

Today I have had:

BF: Bacon, poached eggs, mushrooms and toms
    L: Pita (6.5 syns...as not one of elusive asda ones!!), Houmus (HEB),
    salad ad muller yoghurt
    D: Quorn Chili.....with cougget, onion, kidney beans, beans, toms, honey (1/2 syn) pasata (1/2 syn) with Rice.

Snacks satsumas and apples.
    LBM Total: £33356 15/11/09 :eek: £6085.63 paid
    Pay off 10% by March 2010 (3336) yes!!!:j
    Pay 19k by Dec 2010 19000/5732.39 30.12%
    DFW Long haulers #198.
    23/40lbs
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 12 May 2010 at 10:33PM
    Options
    Hi all:j
    Thanks very much Mrs M & others who gave me the syns for the Jamesons Ruffle bar/finger of fudge for my meal out last night:jHere's what I had for those interested:D

Very much enjoyed the Indian meal, used SW advice in an old magazine as to choices (althugh there was only red/green choices then). I had 1 poppadum/salad & chicken tikka for starters, then main course I chose boiled rice with chicken karahi - sauce is made of onions/tomatoes & fresh herbs. I did have a small piece of plain naan as well, but as I didn't eat all the curry they boxed up half & I brought it home. It's a student area so they are well used to doing this, bless them:rotfl:

We then went elsewhere for coffee & DH had marscapone cheesecake for afters, I took a teaspoon of that. When I got home I chose the Ruffle bar & that's it, I was quite pleased that I made some better choices this time out:D

Thanks all for your advice:T

Today I've had:

B: Rice & muller, half a banana

L: Frittata of eggs, spring onions, potatoes, quorn sausage & peas - with about 10g of cheese on top

D: Roast chicken, mashed potato, dry roast veg: potatoes, carrots, parsnips, broccoli with 1 sm hm yorkshire pud, a little gravy & a teasp mustard

Syns would be the y pud? gravy & mustard. I muller cherry layer (2)

Snacks - fruit/muller/rice

A choice would be milk in tea + 10g cheese?
    B - not sure??

BTW Tescos had 6 frozen Quorn sausages for 92p
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • Inazuma
    Inazuma Posts: 447 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 May 2010 at 11:00PM
    Options
    Hello, just a few points that've been raised and are on my mind.

I agree that SW have been confusing things recently with changes, but I think the principles are pretty sound so I’m sticking with it, even if I do complain but...

I really don’t think one supermarkets wholemeal pitta can be ok, but another synned – they’re all made by the same two or three manufacturers and are very similar. And how can pitta be a syn but bread a HEx? Only difference is yeast, and bread has more sugar. I agree that I would much rather eat HM stuff over all this processed food, and although I do eat Mullers, they 're really awful compared to decent yog and full of artificial ingredients. (And when I get to target, I will never touch another) Don't even know if they've seen a cow - probably doesn't even claim to be yogurt on the tub!)

Tinned fruit/fresh fruit? All the same as long as there's no syrupy juice and you don't overdo it on anything. I suppose this is the whole thing - just use your common sense. You know you shouldn't mash three punnets of strawberries with four tablespoons of sweetener and eat the lot, even if it is technically 'free' - you just know.

Pasta quiche? Yes, possibly misuse of food. When would you normally put processed pasta into eggs, esp as pasta in some forms is made from eggs? But then again, why not?

..And then there's the whole fresh pasta/dried pasta thing..

Sorry to bang on - enjoying the forum loads, very inspiring and supportive.
  • gemsmember
    gemsmember Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone feel that their consultant doesn't do very much. I have now stopped going to class because I wasn't getting anything out of it. OK, so you got weighed then chatted to whoever you sat next to. The consultant then tells everyone who has lost weight, asks if anyone has tried any new recipes and then you go home. There are no books or mags to look through, no recipes etc.

I am going to try to do it on my own, as I could do with keeping the £4.95 myself.
  • chops22
    chops22 Posts: 650 Forumite
    Options
    gemsmember wrote: »
    Does anyone feel that their consultant doesn't do very much. I have now stopped going to class because I wasn't getting anything out of it. OK, so you got weighed then chatted to whoever you sat next to. The consultant then tells everyone who has lost weight, asks if anyone has tried any new recipes and then you go home. There are no books or mags to look through, no recipes etc.

I am going to try to do it on my own, as I could do with keeping the £4.95 myself.

Wow....I think you should try another class. It doesn't sound very good.

At the group I go to there are loads of recipe books to look through, loads and loads of them.

There are copies of syn directory, home made folders with pictures and recepies of food that the Consultant and other group members have made themseves.

There is even one folder with empy wrappers in, with the syns on, to give you ideas.

I really find staying to group keeps me focused, and gives me ideas for the week
    LBM Total: £33356 15/11/09 :eek: £6085.63 paid
    Pay off 10% by March 2010 (3336) yes!!!:j
    Pay 19k by Dec 2010 19000/5732.39 30.12%
    DFW Long haulers #198.
    23/40lbs
  • gemsmember
    gemsmember Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    That's what my previous class was like, and did give you motivation, but I feel I am just going along to pay her wages. There are two classes in my area, but from what I have heard the other one isn't much better either. I am going to try at home by myself - see how I get on.
  • c_l_a_i_r_e
    c_l_a_i_r_e Posts: 4,647 Forumite
    Options
    omg it took me ages to catch up, you lot have been busy:D Hello to all our newbies:wave:
    lynzpower wrote: »
    Well done to all you losers :p

I am finding it really really hard going guys. Im SOOOOO hungry.

I cnat carry on eating at this rate? Any ideas what i should be doing? Today sofar:

bananas and strawbs - large amount- with muller
    Another muller
    5 cups of tea and 2 cans of diet coke
    Pasta and sauce ( 1 syn?) it is the Chicken & mushroom one
    half a packet of golden lights ( 2.5?)
    2x Alpen lites (HEB)
    Dinner is going to be beef with roasted veg, ( syn free) I didnt make it yesterday as I felt really under the weather and had no dinner really last night altohugh did eat some c-cheese/yog/rice cakes instead.

Ive spent a fortune on food this week, and will have to buy yet more as its runnig out really quickly!

HELP! What to do to stop this!?!?

Lynz if you're hungry hun eat bigger portions. Maybe a more substantial breakfast would work for you, and set you up for the day better? Also if you like having the pasta for lunch you could maybe bulk it out with some chicken or veg to make it more filling. I agree with consultant about leftovers being a great, quick filling lunch. Just make some extra of your evening meal that can be easily heated up the next day. I was starving my first week on SW, even though I was eating quite a lot and it may have been my body just adjusting because now a month in my appetite has really lessened.
    Dos this look OK for EE??

Alpen (heb), skimmed milk (hea), banana

3 x Ryvita (6), quark, smoked salmon, grapes, melon

Chilli, kidney beans, brown rice, cheese (6)

Is that OK or too much food? I am a big eater!! :D

I wouldn't worry about having too much food. SW says to eat until you're comfortably full (or something along those lines before anyone jumps on me:rotfl:) and that will be different for everyone. It seems fine to me for EE, just remember the 1/3 rule so maybe have some veg in the chilli (tomato, onion etc)?
    MRSMCAWBER wrote: »
    Evening everyone

I have to say....don't most of you seem to eat very little :eek: ...I know a lot of mine is fruit n veggies ,,, but I swear if I ate as little as some of you do I would be chewing the table leg by lunch time :rotfl:
    Hubby has decided that he will get me a wii consol and the fit board and game thingy as a VERY early xmas pressie :Tso hopefully we will get that at the weekend, and then I can get my backside moving ....
    right I will get off -have a good night everyone :D

MrsM the wii fit is great, i love the fact that I can play the mini games on them and get a great workout without even trying. I'm noticing that my appetite is decreasing as I go on, and its strange as I'm normally a big eater. I am snacking on fruit, cereal bars etc between meals and I think eating little and often is helping control my appetite more. Plus theres the pyschological aspect of beng able to in theory eat as much food as I want means I don't actually want it any more:rotfl: I always eat a big dinner though:D

Oh and on the subject of food shopping costs I'm finding I'm actually spending less on SW and thats even with the expense of all the fresh fruit. Doing a lot of green days though is a big part of that, quorn/veggie products save a fortune compared to buying fresh meat.
    :starmod:C'est la vie:starmod:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport