PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

blackberry picking

Options

Comments

• thriftlady_2
    Options
    thriftlady wrote:
    so !!!!!ing them with a needle will do the same :)
    Blimey ! what did I say ? what about 'piercing' with a needle :rolleyes:
  • Boatie_Bird
    Options
    Thanks for that. I'd hate all my efforts to be in vain (not to mention the bottle of gin I've used!)
  • furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yipee! Managed to get 2 nags of blackberries with the kids after school! They actually really enjoyed it and want to do it again. Bring back child labour that's what I say!!

I am planning on sticking them in the slow cooker with a few apples I have from the garden... what do you think??
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    LOL whilst on a trip out with our students today I managed to pick a few blackberries.......lol so effectively got paid to pick free food.........now THAT'S moneysaving!! :rotfl::rotfl:
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • rubytuesday
    rubytuesday Posts: 22,383 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jam was delicious!!
    Here dead we lie because we did not choose
    To live and shame the land from which we sprung.
    Life, to be sure, is nothing much to lose,
    But young men think it is,
    And we were young.
    A E Housman
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I was searching for a recipe for rosehips and I came across this webpage...I'm going to give the apple and rosehip jelly a try.

I thought it might interest some of the posters on this thread.

Pink
  • MoJo
    MoJo Posts: 542 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was searching for a recipe for rosehips and I came across this webpage...I'm going to give the apple and rosehip jelly a try.

I thought it might interest some of the posters on this thread.

Pink

Thanks - looks interesting :)
  • BrandNewDay
    Options
    The brambles outside our house were disappointing when I tried them yesterday... not very sweet.
    :beer:
  • mikeywills
    Options
    I spent a couple of hours recently very contently picking blackberries, in a field near the house. I came back and dutifully cleaned them up, bagged them Weighed them and stuck them straight into the freezer.

I now have 6 pounds of Blackberries staring at me every time I open up the freezer to get some homemade goodness for my daughter.

Can anyone out there recommend some alternative recipes for my Blackberries, that might drive me to use them before they go to waste.:idea:
    I had a plan..........its here somewhere.
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I found this recipe for Blackberry muffins this morning

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/blackberrymuffins_8245.shtml

but I've stewed mine with apple today and have some home made yoghurt on the go, will probably mix some oats in or something too.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure