One Call Insurance

Options

Comments

• dh359
    dh359 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 2 April 2015 at 6:46PM
    Options
    Be Warned do not use One Call insurance they are untrustworthy and a total shambles with terrible staff with bad attitude.

This was a letter emailed to the managing director of one call who did not even bother to reply.

Dear Sir,

I took a policy with One call last November 17th 2014 l

consented to you taking one payment by debit card and further monthly payments of £25.34 per month by direct debit .

l was not in the UK at the time and not all the required documents were readily available like counterparts of my licence and my sisters and my proof of no claims bonus it took!a couple of weeks to arrange.

Your company continually hassled me to the point of annoyance.

I received some docs by post.

Your company later allege that some mail was returned to them and proceeded on 24th Decemberto cancel my policy without my knowledge or consent despite having already taken 2 payments.

Your company knew at the time l was abroad and had spoken on 2 occasions on the phone to me and even emailed me to say they had all the docs except further proof of address.

I explained to them that I could not supply that till I got a paper statement from the bank and returned from abroad .

Unbeknown to me they cancelled my policy on December 24th and stole £90.39 from my bank account.

I say stole because they used details from my debit card without my consent which is illegal to reuse without consent so as far as l am concerned you are a rip off scam company.

Many other complaints are already on the Internet from other people.

No mail was ever returned from my address .

Therefore it can only have been returned from a wrongly delivered address which l cannot be held responsible for.
    The bank have today returned my money and have agreed one call actions are illegal and against terms and conditions of debit and credit cards regulations.

l will be contacting the police to report the company for fraud.

I will also contact all relevant other parties to report the company financial regulators, insurance ombudsman etc.

As a result of your company's screw up it has resulted in me be quoted much higher prices by other company's as l have to declare you cancelled my policy.

l will sue your company and ensure that you have continual bad publicity.

I will also seek compensation .l give you 12 hours to respond positively to this problem and clear it up to my satisfaction before I start taking serious action against your company. That's until 8 pm 2nd April.

Take note this is a warning if you do not sort this out to my satisfaction today l will cost your company many thousands of pounds and the bad publicity you will get will be unprecedented .

This action can only be avoided by a letter of apology and compensation for the unfair disgraceful way your company has dealt with me.
  • Jennifereccles21
    Options
    How is this company still selling insurance !!!!!!!! Why has some official body not closed them down. Their sales team must be picked for their personalities and communication skills😘 they appear to be as thick as PIGS S....T Obviously they have all got degrees in business studies !!!!! Get your finger out MARTIN and interfere. As you can read their feed back is appalling. If I worked their I wouldn't be able to sleep, I bet the turnover of staff is extremely high.
  • RonnieRoo22
    Options
    Onecall insurance, seemed to have great feedback, until you want to add yours and realise its selected by the company itself. Hmmm Mine would be 1* and that would be generous.

Took out car insurance in September, drove around happily till NCD was an issue, they said they had not received my last insurance company's details.
    So l phoned them and told them all the information again. Drove around for another month, till letter saying cancelling my insurance as still no proof of NCD. This time l spent 30 mins on my mobile to one call. Whilst customer services called my old insurance whilst l held on the line. ££££ l was told all confirmed, everything was good. I would not hear anything further. In truth l didnt, but l wish they did because they just cancelled it. It took them another month to refund a third of the money to a joint bank account, which is how l found out l had been driving uninsured. =-OOnecall insurance, seemed to have great feedback, until you want to add yours and realise its selected by the company itself. Hmmm :-\ Mine would be 1* and that would be generous.

Took out car insurance in September, drove around happily till NCD was an issue, they said they had not received my last insurance company's details.
    So l phoned them and told them all the information again. Drove around for another month, till letter saying cancelling my insurance as still no proof of NCD. This time l spent 30 mins on my mobile to one call. Whilst customer services called my old insurance whilst l held on the line. ££££ l was told all confirmed, everything was good. I would not hear anything further. In truth l didnt, but l wish they did because they just cancelled it. It took them another month to refund a third of the money to a joint bank account, which is how l found out l had been driving uninsured. l could have lost my car, got 8 points on my license, or l could have lost my car, got 8 points on my license, or god forbid had a serious accident. Nightmare

I have asked a friend to write my story, as worried about Police even now.

Please vote with your feet and go elsewhere. I was so worried when l took out my new insurance l went over everything twice. So would like to thank policy expert for puting up with me. 5* Insurance with genuine customer feedback.
  • FieldsOfVision
    Options
    Thank you all!!!

I was just about taking out a new car insurance policy with One Call Insurance and paying upfront as I normally do (it works out cheaper as you know). I had a nagging feeling about this company as they promise heaven and earth for slightly less than other providers. I cannot explain why I had this feeling. Anyway, I did something I don't normally do: reading people's comments as I know only people who had problems would bother writing anything and I only get to hear one side of the story.....

I have to say all insurance companies sadly get it wrong sometimes (and I also have my own grievances with one or two other companies), but the sheer size of complaint about One Call Insurance on here and elsewhere, I am glad I looked into their conduct and decided One Call Insurance is a risk not worth taking so I AVOID!

I write this to thank you all and to add my voice to those many thousands of unhappy (ex) customers. I hope that this post adds to the pressure on One Call Insurance to improve substantially or stop and get out of their shark practises.
  • Ben1974
    Ben1974 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I received a text message from one call offering to beat my renewal price. They couldn't initially but after applying some pressure they managed to bring it down but by !!!!!!!g the policy somewhat. However my main problem was they didn't give NCD protection but said they're NCD guaranteee was just as good. Should have known better as even the sales advisors have trouble explaining it!

After reviewing the documentation in detail which I received after paying for the policy I cancelled as I realised the "NCD Guarantee" they offer in lieu of a proper protected NCD protection is probably just a con designed to tie you into them in the event of an accident.

Sadly the usual £49.95 administration fee has been applied so I have not only wasted 3 hours on the phone but am out of pocket as well.

I think the insurance market is so competitive that they're all up to these kind of silly tricks where they reduce the policy price by removing features but then replace it with some marketing nonsense they have dreamt up.
  • joseph012
    joseph012 Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    stay away from this company people.. very poor service when involved in an accident. prices are good, but everything is all a joke to them. you get passed to dept to dept...no-one takes ownership of anything- trust me its changed the way i purchase all my insurance in the home,car,life etc. I now read reviews on customer service etc and dont always go the lowest quote!!! BEWARE STAY AWAY!!!!
  • Ryan_Garnett
    Options
    Last year updated my address, and >£100 was charged to my credit card, without the operator making me aware of changes to my premium amount. Great start.

Changed address back the following year, and was told the premium would be exactly the same (convenient, and strange, as I would have expected a reduction in my premium, since moving the other way cost me extra). So I asked to speak to the underwriter directly to discuss the premium the following week. Before I was able to do this, my details were changed, and the £35 admin fee charged. Nice one guys.

Called to cancel my policy this week, since I have a new vehicle, I took the opportunity to walk/run away from Onecall due to my exasperation and sheer frustration with "the way they operate". I was told I would be refunded £195, made up of a £55 cancellation charge, plus £140 for "the period I was in insurance." Upon explaining to the assistant that I should be refunded for the period from now until the end of my policy, I was told there had been a computer glitch, and I was due a refund of £220. (If anything, I should probably bill Onecall for my time, since I practically did all the work myself).

Admittedly, this was nearer the £240 I had calculated myself, but when I questioned why this wasn't £240, I was told that my premium was actually £420 for the year, not £450, as all the paperwork they had previously sent had stated?!? In fact, a £30 "admin fee" had been charged (surprise surprise) but they hadn't bothered to state this on the summary I received. So I argued for a while, but the assistant came back with many increasingly inventive ways of telling me "computer says no" - to which I finally decided life was too short to argue with her computer.

Will be following this up with the complaints department, as arbitrarily deducting "admin fees" from premiums contrary to paperwork is really not on, and this is simply a way of Onecall reducing the amount to refund by conjuring up (fairly impressively) these charges.

I've found Onecall's operatives to be helpful (when they are eyeing up a tasty admin fee), but abjectly pointless when they may have to pay something back to their victims (sorry, "customers").

Avoid, just, avoid!
  • Utterly
    Options
    MY RANT!!!
    Took out cover through One Call Insurance on Diesel Mondeo in May £330..ok not too bad.
    Then bought a bigger caravan and needed bigger car..so got Merc ML270.
    Rang told new cover will cost £550 for rest of 7 months cover!!!!!!!
    Went on compare mer cat and got cover with Halifax for £420 for 12 months.
    So rang to cancel and was told will cost me the sum of £233.57!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So policy cost £330 (12 months) and to cancel £233.57!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NOW THATS A RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!
    PLEASE TELL EVERYONE TO AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!!!!
  • muggerbee
    Options
    I really should have read the forums here before going for the lowest quote with the largest cashback !!! Took out a policy with them 11 months ago. However my car went bang 6 months in, so I phoned to change the details for my new car (2 groups lower) only to be charged the 55 quid for a mid term change ( never ever ever had this before in 30 plus years) and a higher premium !!! Now the other week I had the opportunity to get the car i really wanted for the right price so I bought it, bearing in mind the last experience with this bunch of con people, I decided to cancel the policy only to be told I couldn't as I still owed them one months payment, surely, I replied I don't owe you, I owe the finance company ? Nope, you owe us was the reply(i thought they were insurance brokers not lenders ?) anyhow, waited till the last (EVER) DD had gone out and called again to cancel, simples, but Oh no, you have to print out a form with your reasons for cancelling, sign it, scan it and email it back. This was two weeks ago ! today, 2 letters from Onecall drop through my letterbox, eventually, proof of NCD I thought (stupid,stupid,stupid) It's 2 letters notifying me of my cancellation with lots of Warning,Warning, you've cancelled your insurance and will be deported to the colonies or such like if you haven't got any :mad: So, phoned them up and after a mere 1 minute got my NCD emailed to me. why on earth could this shoddy shower of stuff have not automated that rather than the scare tactics ?? Never use this company would be my personal opinion,they appear from my point of view to be at best money grabbing charlatans and at worst bordering on the scamming scare tactics of those that populate the not so nice places in the financial world !!
  • Lyn_Hendy
    Options
    I am so angry I did not research this company before taking out car insurance with them. If I could cancel without having to wait 8 weeks for a refund I wouldn't think twice, they have you over a barrel.... Awful.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback