One Call Insurance

Options

Comments

• Sad_Dad
    Sad_Dad Posts: 878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've also had a bad experience with this joke of a company.

As others have said.

Avoid OneCall at all costs.
  • megwump
    megwump Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    I just cancelled my policy - three weeks in. Cost £109.

I was paying by direct debit as I knew I wouldn't keep the car long into the policy, so I was expecting them to charge me to cancel, but there's also a 'fee per day, minus what you've paid (less interest)'. What I don't understand is how that fee per day can be higher than my premium.

Shocking. They also wanted to insure my 1.6 Mini for the same as a 2.0 Mondeo TDCI (I'm paying less than half what they wanted).

Avoid, avoid and avoid more.
    In and out of debt since 2001. Old dogs CAN learn new tricks.

August 2017:
    Personal CC: £6150 Modest goal: July 2020
    Shared CC: £8600 Goal: December 18
  • DGriff79
    Options
    Just had a near miss with these scammers. Received a great home insurance quote through Compare the market, signed up and processed the order. When the policy arrived I noticed my occupation had been incorrectly entered (by them not myself), after calling three different numbers (one call must be an inside joke!) and 45mins on the phone I finally managed to amend my occupation only to be told the policy would cost more. I decided on the spot to cancel and they hit me with the £49 admin fee, depiste the policy not taking effect for a month. After consulting the trusty MSE forum I called back, advised them I wanted to cancel and my next call would be to the financial ombudsman and hey presto the fee was waivered. AVOID
  • larmstrong
    Options
    This company are a con!!

Took out a policey for car insurance, had a conversation with a very nice man, who advised on what documents were required. And as seen on the web-page I uploaded my no-claims.
    That was in November, policey due to start on the 4th December 2014.

Received my documents in December, They took the first Direct debet on the 1st January 2015. I then got a letter on the dated the 8th January 2015, telling me they had cancelled my policey on the 30th December as I had not sent our driving licences. I had no letters, email or phone calls to say this was required.

They then also wanted an admin fee, plus and cancelation fee, plus a fee for being insured for the 3 week insurance I had. This was all after a deposit paid and a full months direct debit had been take.

I told they, it sates in my contract that you had 30 days to send all documents off, and If I had been made aware of this when in a conversation about my no-claims, I would of done this at the same time, I had no resaon not to have sent them, as I didn;'t even know they wanted them. Why would you, as I have been for over 20 years, I have never been asked for our driving licences ever.

Then today I found-out that they had retained my credit card details from when I paid my deposit in November 2014, and on the 30th January 2015 had taken £163.87. and are refusing to give it back.

Ombusman her I come. Dont be a fool, STAY AWAY
  • athome7
    Options
    Hi .. please make sure you do report them to the ombudsman they are the worst company ever.... I have just reported them to the ombudsman and they have admitted they made mistakes ...don't give up. the additional fee of £478 they wanted to charge for a policy that was not taken out was shocking... and they told me to go the ombudsman you won't win..... Well I did...........
  • Skookum
    Options
    athome7 wrote: »
    Hi .. please make sure you do report them to the ombudsman they are the worst company ever.... I have just reported them to the ombudsman and they have admitted they made mistakes ...don't give up. the additional fee of £478 they wanted to charge for a policy that was not taken out was shocking... and they told me to go the ombudsman you won't win..... Well I did...........

I did the same and the the Ombudsman took my complaint very seriously.

I personally feel scammed by One Call. They cannot seem to solve a dispute but instead bring in their in house debt collection agency.

On the subject of their debt collection agency it seems to have gone very quiet. Has anyone had letters from them?

For those of you who don't know they use/used the name Judgement Order Listings, underneath the title they add another priceless gem 'Court bailiffs Ltd'. The letters have had the most appalling grammar and spelling mistakes. You cannot contact them and they refuse to tell you they are based in house.

I wonder how Judgement Order Listings/court Bailiff Ltd stand up now considering the ruling against payday lenders writing letters implying they are solicitors etc.

In my opinion One Call went that one step further implying that they were connected to Her Majesties Courts and were court appointed Bailiffs.

My best advice if you are thinking of taking a policy with One Call is Google them and see the sheer number of complaints. It is staggering and they are awful to deal with.

I am also suspicious of this sending your driving licence to them. Far too many people say they have and One Call say they haven't and get cancelled insurance or huge charges.

I am yet to find another insurance company that works this way.
  • cozzer
    cozzer Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    thanks for the reviews everyone, was going to get home insurance with them, but after reading the comments I'll be going with someone else
  • rudekid48
    rudekid48 Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
  • JohnTurnbull
    Options
    Do not deal with this company! You will regret it!
  • ianb9
    ianb9 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Please do not use this company.
    I cancelled policy 5 mins after taking it out because of "extras" and I was charged Nearly £50 for the pleasure of being conned. They claim it is admin charge made by "Confused.com" IS it?
    Either way Ill not use them or Confused.com again.
    On top of that telephone menu sends you round in circles and if you even get to speak to someone never a supervisors to speak to...STRANGE...

I HAVE BEEN CONNED and they dont give a rats A"$e because they made nearly £50 for cancelling something.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback