One Call Insurance

Options

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You need to pursue a formal complaint against them over the cancellation you see as erroneous, and that you require it to be removed from your record, plus compensation for the extra expense.

If you are unhappy with their reply (or they ignore you for 8 weeks) then you can escalate to the FOS for their adjudication at no cost to you. (If all this fails then you are left with pursuing this through court)

This is all going to take time, and means you are going to have to get cover elsewhere (probably at over the top prices), but see if a local broker can help find cover with a sympathetic insurer.

If you win your complaint then hopefully your extra cost will be reimbursed.

But do try and get the cancellation removed as this does remain on your history for evermore, and most online and off the peg insurers won't quote when you have a cancelled policy on your record
  • buzzerman
    Options
    buzzerman wrote: »
    having big problems already with this company and to top it all my policy has not even started yet.HELP
    thanks.I'm going down the FOS route and already have cancelled the renewal notice part of my policy.
  • bartrev
    Options
    I have since the 24th March spent over 9 hrs on the phone to this company, or their legal commercial team who pretend to be them. My wife had accident with a bus, the bus driver admitted it was is fault. One call told my wife under no circumstance was she to talk to the 3rd party and if they rang her to put the phone down. We was promised a car but because their garage did not have one they mislead us and said they could not get in touch with the 3rd party.
    We phoned them every day and they lied and made things up. They were willing to write the car off even without looking at it, but when I said the pick up truck garage said they could repair it for £500, then they said they would have to send a full breakdown of repairs cost so they could adjust the cost and only pay that amount even though they were going to write it off with what my wife described on the phone. Even if they wrote it off we could not buy it back until the insurance company had got confirmation of liability which they said the 3rd party refused to speak to them. I could not have it repaired, I could not have it wrote off and because they were stating the 3rd party refused to speak to them I could not have loan car.
    Thursday I went to the bus company hq and found out the had spoke t othem and had admitted liability days before, I then rang legal commercial( one call) and they said lots of things and promised we would have a loan car Friday/Sat. No car came rang again more lies. I rang the bus company this morning agreed to cancel claim and if my wife had had her driving licence loan car would be here and car starting to get fixed tomorrow.
  • bartrev
    Options
    cont
    tried to cancel claim today and got told I could not then told that if I did I would not be allowed to get an hire car and I would have to pay my excess. PAY A BIT MORE AND GET INSURANCE THAT DOES WHAT IT SAYS. I AM GOING TO FSO OVER THIS
  • bartrev
    Options
    I have had trouble with this company wife had a accident which turned out to be a no fault but after 9 hours on the telephone and since the 24th March we have been left without a car, scared by legal commercial not speak to the 3rd party because we could end up being liable for the other people involved in the accident, they came up with things like the 3rd party refused to speak to them. (lie)
    they only made one call and thats it.
  • johnqwerty
    Options
    One Call Insurance. Big NO NO. Whether it can be called rip off or just unethical marketing one has to choose. Firstly – the manipulative terminology, what you`ve got among policy benefits. “No Claims Discount Guarantee” is something completely different from No Claims Discount Protection you`d expect. But that comes to light at the end if you`re inquisitive. Next example is “FREE Breakdown Membership”. It does not give you free breakdown cover (I don`t think it brings any benefits as you can get independent breakdown cover and there is no word about membership, particularly paid one). They advertise Free basic breakdown cover later on, however if you check conditions there is an excess of 20£ for each call. So “free” bc costs each time 20£, unless you know a method of using the service without contacting them. Finally, they take your payment details at one of initial stages without information that once you submit them you`re in. There is no confirmation button and some policy conditions come AFTER payment details so if you don`t agree with them it is too late. I tried to go back in a browser and error popped out. Next thing I received welcoming email form the insurer. You can cancel insurance but cancellation fee of 49£ applies. According to customer advisor obviously everything is clear on the website. I`ve been with many insurers before and did not have problems of that kind so decided to publish a warning just for consideration of others. There are some many of them, save your nerves and money.
  • Jewel73
    Jewel73 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Exactly the same happened to me. I did not like the fact that certain policy details were available only once your payment details were entered. When I saw the details of the cover I simply closed the window and DID NOT press continue. However I was sent policy details anyway, so called up Barclaycard and reported it as unauthorised transaction. They have put a block on them. Then I called their customer services who were absolutely useless and were talking to me as if I was an idiot. I simply told them that I did not purchase the policy, am not asking for a refund as not payment has been taken from my account and it would be better for them to cancel the policy as I did not ask for it. Told them how helpful they had been, and hung up.
    Have posted on their facebook and Trustpilot. Looking for their Twitter feed now!
    STAY AWAY
  • Beavon77
    Options
    Due to a mistake from a previous insurer about a no claims bonus this company charged me an administrator fee and increased my premium but I was trying to let them know all the information before the cooling down period ended with no mention of the previous insurers ncb being invalid , once the cooling down period was over they explained that the one I had sent was invalid , contacted the previous insurer who made the mistake and they apologised and sent me the correct information which I passed on, the next contact I had from one call was to tell me that they have accepted this but from nowhere said I had made a fault claim and not declared a claim and almost doubled my insurance I could cancel if I made a full term payment, nothing before this had been mentioned within 2 months, I asked for them to send me proof of my fault claim from inception and was told I had to pay a fee for it then was told there was no number to a complaints department . Absolute disgrace stay well away
  • Ian_wilson
    Options
    I was involved in an accident. lots of photographic evidence. One call told me they were treating it as a non fault accident. Was asked if I could afford a hire car. seemed a bit odd at such an early stage of the proceedings. I told them not really. They told me not to worry you are entitled to a hire car at no cost to you. At this point my vehicle had not been inspected. I did tell them that in my opinion given the age of the car repairs may well cost more than the value of the vehicle.
    My car was taken away a hire car left a tiny little vauxhall corsa. I had a Mondeo estate for my work as a plumber. I signed the paper work accepting the hire car agreed with all the scratches dents etc that were marked on the sheet.
    I have since been asked if I could provide bank statements proving I did not have the means to pay for a hire car. Major alarm bells. With out going on any more I have researched all this. Impecuniosity . I may well end up out of pocket by a considerable sum. I feel I have been tricked by One Call, smacks of a scam. why should I be going through all this stress and worry is it not up to them as I have legal expenses cover to deal with the whole claim. I was going to insure my replacement vehicle only to be told they wanted £500 plus £60 admin fee. The replacement car is pretty much budget lower insurance group and lower value.
  • hjj_2
    Options
    Just want to agreed with others here how dreadful the experience is with One Call Insurance. The way the online application works is nothing short of a Scam to extract " adminstration costs / fines" out of people trying to get the best priced policy. One Call Insurance should be closed down Buyer Beware !!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback