We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Parents Club Part 11
Comments
-
Caz, glad you had a good time!
I don't think that's true about depression, my mate from last year is in her 1st year Uni and suffers from depression. Plus, PND is hormonal so not the same as depression.
I applied for a access course for a medical degree a while back, and they didn't think my longstanding mental health problems would be a barrier.Stay-at-home, attached Mummy to a 23lb 10oz, 11 month old baby boy.0 -
I say good thinking splatman... But then I'm a little odd...I say "good thinking batman" too Sami, and people look at me oddly
I am ok, keeping up with thread but not posting recently, bit of a funny/stressed mood in the last week or two, nothing in particular, posts from you lot alternately making me upset that I can't do more to help, jealous of your great times, or want another baby
I am still around!
Nice to see you though...
<ducks out of the way of Pig Pen's taring brush>
Chill.. stop beating yourselves up.. and employed bf counsellors are the most judgemental of people when it comes to supposedly giving impartial advice.. hence I refused to work with them!!A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...My Fathers Daughter wrote: »Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.
0 -
Morning!
Off to do a strange job this morning - I'm an exam subject
It's for trainee opticians and I have to be the patient they test while the examiner watches them.
Bathroom lights arrived this morning and they look nicer than the B&Q ones, so I'm pleased I got them elsewhere now.
Have a good day all and positive latchy on vibes to all the breastfeeders.Here I go again on my own....0 -
Just popping on to say hello beofre I go get A weighed and then have a chat with the Dr about getting a coil fitted.
Read back only a little but ((((hugs)))) Kindof I was feeling for quite a while that I had no idea what I was doing with A, still not entirely sure but I certainly feel a lot better about it all now, and you will too. Hormones are a biatch!!
Right, off to get showered and dressed.
A only went 4 hours then 3 hours between feeds in the night Then was awake at 5.40am:( We're going backwards!! Fingers crossed (again) for a longer sleep tonight!!!0 -
Oh and jillie, is it you that's requested me on FB? Initials JT0
-
*stand well back* i smell of garlic lol!
thanks for the advice i wasnt sure and thought u lot would know
im going to phone the college today and arrange a meeting with someone to talk through my choices and what help they could give me. couldnt get to sleep last night with so many things going around my head! am off to do the nursery drop and it pouring with rain
back soon! What's for you won't go past you0 -
wow, quiet this morning...I suppose I've technically been awake since 4:30am
(AGAIN) in a repeat of the night before...I'm really hoping that like GISI this is very temporary and we will resume normal sleeping within the week
. No idea what's causing it as he didn't miss any feeds and got full amount of naptime yesterday, which are the usual culprits for bad night sleep. I thought we'd already hit the 12 week growth spurt, but maybe this is it instead?
MDW, that's a really interesting article! Not something I'd ever heard of, but makes sense with a lot I've heard from other women.
*hugs* to all the new moms. Just remember that you JUST GAVE BIRTH. You're going to be extremely tired, emotional, sore, and just generally lost feeling. Let your OH and family help as much as possible with the other things like nappies, making tea, etc. You just concentrate on loving baby and taking care of yourself. It's hard and everyone tells you that it gets easier - well, it does, I promise.
Didn't watch OBEM, but maybe will now (last week's was boring to me?) on 4OD.top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne
would like to win a holiday, please!!
:xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j0 -
ooo did you guys see the free photo poster & 40 prints offer in today's e-mail? Perfect timing as we need to get some prints done for my grandmothers back in the USA...http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/free-photo-printstop 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne
would like to win a holiday, please!!
:xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j0 -
feelinggood wrote: »I applied for a access course for a medical degree a while back, and they didn't think my longstanding mental health problems would be a barrier.
If it did they would be refusing quite a large proportion of applicants. Plus, depression doesn't affect your ability to do the job. Me thinks the mister man was talking from Hisanus.Morning!
Off to do a strange job this morning - I'm an exam subject
It's for trainee opticians and I have to be the patient they test while the examiner watches them.
Bathroom lights arrived this morning and they look nicer than the B&Q ones, so I'm pleased I got them elsewhere now.
Have a good day all and positive latchy on vibes to all the breastfeeders.
Enjoy being poked and prodded! :rotfl:
Caz, you get your car today? Smellybreaf
I'm feeling A LOT better today, it was the chocolate binge last night, I felt instantly better after it
Kept Chris off anyway just so I can have a lazy day, but I need to go to the shop for bread and cold meat for lunch. boo! 0 -
Morning

We had a good night last night, Lily woke up at the right times for her feeds instead of waking all night. And then woke up at 8:20 this morning and just laid there making noises whilst i went and washed my face, brushed my hair etc
Lily has her hearing test this morning! It should go ok as she always is looking around when me or OH talk. And the other day we were clicking out fingers by each ear and she was turning her head towards the sound
Then have to go to the PO to get my phone:mad:
It was meant to come y'day by special courier from 3, when i went downstairs to collect the post at 11am there was a royal mail red card waiting for me, apparently i wasn't in at 7:40am.
They didn't even ring the bell! :mad: So i have had to wait the 24 hours before i go down to get it. They better have it today...
GISI, i think it might be because i feel stuck. All i ever seem to do is be sitting down with her, and i know its nice to be sat down but there's only so much sitting i can take lol. When she's not feeding and with OH i find myself wandering around tidying up just so im doing something.
I just fed her now and she's asleep on my chest. I love this part because she snuggles right in and is so warm
Caz, im starting an access to uni course in Midwifery this year
I was meant to start last sept, but i was pregnant and also getting married in June this year. So i didn't want the stress off college, baby and a wedding to plan. So put it back a year
Aless, thanks for that link!
Going to make a poster now
eta: Truprint is on Quidco £5 cashback, just to let you know .0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

