We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 11

1…635636638640641…1499

Comments

  • Fishcake- I think a hot shower would work as well to make your boobs more comfortable.

    Please remember that aside from any other ailments you may have, you have just had major surgery in the form of a c-section. The MW who came out to see me after mine told me the trauma is basically the same as that of a hysterectomy (I don't know if that's right or not) but after a hysterectomy women are told not to lift so much as a duster. After a c-section we have to haul a baby around and survive on no sleep! You are doing a good job, and don't worry that your OH is shouldering some of the burden at the moment x x
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • Mazcabs
    Mazcabs Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    jillie1974 wrote: »
    glam- we're a right pair of rebels. :D

    me too cos I dont always follow the tin, I tend to have a flask which I put the cooled water in and it comes in handy when I need to do a night feed (which is not every night at the moment)

    I went to put Henry to bed tonight and we had real problems, I must have returned him about 20 times then he walked out of his room with blood all over his face:eek:... cheeky monkey had sat in his room and pulled the scab off his face from his fall last week - I didnt think he was that clever!!! Anyway finally asleep, OH gone as well so just me and William about to watch OBEm on C4+1

    Cant believe it but FIL has given me an Easter egg for William (shame mummy will have to eat it!!)

    Henry has started to call OH dad, I think he is copying my nephew but I think it sounds strange...
    Mum to 2 lovely boys who keep me busy.
  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    SugarSpun wrote: »
    You asked us to tell you not to watch it, lovely xxx

    I asked you to tell me if I shouldn't...
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    Elle, don't watch it, I don't. It's too sad.

    .. which I clearly shouldn't! :o

    Am feeling rather fragile at the minute anyway so will watch the news instead - politics and war, lovely! :cool:
  • elastigirl
    elastigirl Posts: 581 Forumite
    oh bless yer Fishcake_Random it really is a tough decision to make in both my boys it was taken out of my hands and after 2 months of feeding them i had to stop. ds1 was because i was so ill and on a cocktail of tabs and ds2 the quality wasn't good enough and he was losing too much weight. On both occations docs told me to stop. You can only do what you feel is right.

    I never did get a nap today as ds woke up just as i went for it. I didn't watch OBEM it is too close to home.
    This is my signature!
  • BrunoM
    BrunoM Posts: 1,722 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    redmel1621 wrote: »
    Hi Bruno

    How are you all?
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    Hope things are ok in Bruno land? I saw you were up at 4am the same day as me last week :)

    I say "good thinking batman" too Sami, and people look at me oddly :(

    I am ok, keeping up with thread but not posting recently, bit of a funny/stressed mood in the last week or two, nothing in particular, posts from you lot alternately making me upset that I can't do more to help, jealous of your great times, or want another baby :p
    I am still around!
  • Evansangel
    Evansangel Posts: 6,791 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Photogenic Combo Breaker
    EA- I meant to say on my earlier post but if you want to share your BF concerns on here then someone might be able to help, and even if not then you might feel better having talked about it. Big hugs to you and Lily anyhow :kisses3:

    I just wrote out a massive pm to kindof about it as i didn't want to bother you all with my woes :o

    Its mainly everytime i BF i start feeling resentment towards BF'ing and towards Lily and it was making me cry loads. I dont cry anymore but i still feel down whenever im BF'ing. But i feel guilty completly changing to FF. The breastfeeding counseller made me feel guilty about FF by bigging up BF and saying that FF stretches baby stomachs, etc. :(

    Lily is crying now, i think she's hungry. Night all! :D

    x
  • MadDogWoman_2
    MadDogWoman_2 Posts: 2,376 Forumite
    edited 23 March 2010 at 11:13PM
    Hugs to Kindof, EA and FR - you have to do what is best for you and your babies

    Maz - I get a combination of mummy, mum and my name from DD!

    Interview went OK, I think, I should find out tomorrow, as the person I'm replacing finishes next week and they need a replacement in ASAP.

    ETA - EA have a read of this
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    DD Katie born April 2007!
    3 years 9 months and proud of it
    dreams do come true (eventually!)

  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Sorry elle I misunderstood.

    Definitely off to bed now. OH is passed out on the sofa [STRIKE]in the nudey buff[/STRIKE] so I have written him a list of things still to be done for when he wakes up at 3am for the night. A devious wife am I.

    Happy week ahead, lovelies xxx
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • emlou2009
    emlou2009 Posts: 4,016 Forumite
    Elle, definitely dont watch it, I'm well 'ard, me, and I bawled :o
    Mummy to
    DS (born March 2009)

    DD (born January 2012)
  • Evansangel wrote: »
    I just wrote out a massive pm to kindof about it as i didn't want to bother you all with my woes :o

    Its mainly everytime i BF i start feeling resentment towards BF'ing and towards Lily and it was making me cry loads. I dont cry anymore but i still feel down whenever im BF'ing. But i feel guilty completly changing to FF. The breastfeeding counseller made me feel guilty about FF by bigging up BF and saying that FF stretches baby stomachs, etc. :(

    Lily is crying now, i think she's hungry. Night all! :D

    x

    Aww, hugs honey. It's been said tons on here today, but you need to do what is best for you and best for Lily. Remember that the BF counsellor is giving you one point of view, and you need to add that to all the other information that you have and make a decision as Lily's mummy.

    Is it that fact that you feel a bit 'stuck' under Lily that make you feel resentment? Or the fact that only you can feed her, not OH? I've felt like that too, but I just try and remember that I am also the only one lucky enough to have an excuse to put my feet up 6-7 times a day and snuggle with my baby. I also try and remember that it won't be forever and that soon enough he'll be off running around without looking back at his mummy! I'm not saying that to make you feel bad, that's just my way of dealing with those feelings.

    I know I keep banging on about it, but also please remember that hormones are still playing a big part in your feeling tearful but that will settle down soon.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.