IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Nasty tricks

Options

Comments

• Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    AFCB_Rule. wrote: »
    But if everything is as everyone says it is, are we basically saying it's a free car park?

Yes, all PPC controlled car parks are in essence 'free' in that the 'tickets/invoices' are indeed unenforceable.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 January 2014 at 1:44AM
    Options
    [This is an old thread, with old advice which no longer applies from 2013 onwards!!!!!

STOP READING NOW THIS IS A WASTE OF YOUR TIME, GO TO PAGE ONE OF THIS FORUM INSTEAD (ONE CLICK AWAY, AS EXPLAINED IN MY SIGNATURE BELOW).

YOU MUST APPEAL NOW IF IN ENGLAND/WALES!!!!!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fussychick
    Options
    I received a PCN from parking eye yesterday, my husband always says no good deed goes unpunished! I took an elderly friend to a retail park but didn't notice what time we arrived, the upshot is that after visiting every shop & her numerous trips to the loo we overstayed by 32 minutes. You get two hours free parking but if you anticipate being over 2 hours which I didn't, then you are meant to pay & display.

I don't dispute that I was there longer than I should have been, but I object to them charging such a ridiculous amount, their bullyboy threatening and their insinuation that I am not a legitimate customer.

I was tempted to send Parking Eye a letter pointing out their breaches of the BPA code, not to mention a few points of law & enclosing a cheque for their loss which I estimate to be £6. But having done my research and as advised on here and by the Solicitor on Watchdog, I shall just ignore their correspondence.

Watchdog are back on tv Thursday evening and are looking at private parking companies buying our personal details from the DVLA!
  • woodmiseter
    Options
    Hi, i recieved a parking eye notice with photo's of my car and registration number requesting payment of £60 for parking in a car park 1hr 7 mins with signs stating not to park (Didn,t notice sign because in a hurry but noticed it after and really was very clear) On 3rd April got final notice to pay £90 as iv'e not paid within time scale and told will rise to £120 if not paid by 13th April then it will be debt collection agency followed by court proceedings. Any advice please????
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 20 January 2014 at 3:00PM
    Options
    Hi, i recieved a parking eye notice with photo's of my car and registration number requesting payment of £60 for parking in a car park 1hr 7 mins with signs stating not to park . On 3rd April got final notice to pay £90 as iv'e not paid within time scale and told will rise to £120 if not paid by 13th April then it will be debt collection agency followed by court proceedings. Any advice please????

This is an old thread, with old advice

NO REPLIES HERE PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    Any advice please????

Nope...sorry.

Oh hang on.....read the stickies!!!!!!!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • Fussychick
    Options
    I got my second invoice from Parking Eye today, I was very disappointed with the picture quality, my car looks much better on Streetview;)

As advised I am ignoring it and eagerly anticipating my next one, I was hoping that a full set may be worth something, but I don't suppose so as rather a lot of people seem to have them.
  • hillcats
    hillcats Posts: 899 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep, not worth a light. I have a full set or two... But I think maybe others round here have loads more...
    ORIGINAL MORTGAGE AMOUNT £106,454.00 (Started Sept 2007)
    NOV 2021 O/S AMOUNT £1,694.41 OUR DEBT REDUCED BY £104,759.59 by std regular, over-payments & off-setting.
    BofE +0.19% Tracker Repayment Offset Mortgage Discounted Sept 07-10 then increased to BofE +0.62% until 2027
  • sexylulubelle
    sexylulubelle Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Got one today a PCN from Parking Eye, bring it on i look forward too not corresponding with them lol:) and also a huge thank you to all of you MSE's for the advice and information what a superb site this is!
    LOVE isn't finding someone you can live with. It's finding someone you can't live WITHOUT :heart:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 January 2014 at 1:44AM
    Options
    This is an old thread, with old advice which no longer applies from 2013 onwards!!!!!

STOP READING NOW THIS IS A WASTE OF YOUR TIME, GO TO PAGE ONE OF THIS FORUM INSTEAD (ONE CLICK AWAY, AS EXPLAINED IN MY SIGNATURE BELOW).

YOU MUST APPEAL NOW IF IN ENGLAND/WALES!!!!!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure