IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Nasty tricks

Options

Comments

• Sir_Roger_deLodger
    Options
    Fussychick wrote: »
    They are threatening me with a debt collection agency, court proceedings a CCJ and Bailiffs, have they forgotten anything?:rotfl:

What, they havent mentioned ruining your credit rating for ever, kidnapping your granny and shooting your dog? Very careless of them! :rotfl:
  • baz_on_solent
    Options
    I am more concerned about and would like to know how from your registration number they obtain your Address, I thought it was only official Government Agencies that could obtain this information?
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    You are mistaken. Read a V5 form.
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    I am more concerned about and would like to know how from your registration number they obtain your Address, I thought it was only official Government Agencies that could obtain this information?

Either online via e-access for iirc £1.50 or by post for £2.50.

And no, anyone with reasonable cause can get the RK addy [for £2.50].
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Really as far as reasonable cause is concerned a cheque for £2.50 will do nicely as far as DVLA are concerned! And any excuse you wish to add!
  • baz_on_solent
    Options
    Oopsadaisy wrote: »
    Either online via e-access for iirc £1.50 or by post for £2.50.

And no, anyone with reasonable cause can get the RK addy [for £2.50].

I just returned to the UK from Canada after 9 years, "Wow" how things have changed. Anyway I'm too long in the tooth to be intimidated by a pseudo official piece of paper arriving in the post or any of the follow ups the choose to send. I have never given in to this type of extortion and I'm not starting now....

I do however feel for those that are conned into parting with their hard earned cash, not to mention the old and vunerable that are preyed upon as easy targets because they are the very people that would be assume they are in the wrong.
    I am amazed this is allowed to continue with the help of our so called Government but If there is money to be made they will
    forsake all else it seems? "Shame on Them"
  • sexylulubelle
    sexylulubelle Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Fussychick wrote: »
    Got my final notice today, much quicker than I expected. They are threatening me with a debt collection agency, court proceedings a CCJ and Bailiffs, have they forgotten anything?:rotfl:

Edit to say that having checked the example letters on this forum they've skipped letter 3 and gone straight to final notice!

Got my final notice today and like fussychick mentioned skipped letter 3 altogether how careless of them lol:):rotfl:
    LOVE isn't finding someone you can live with. It's finding someone you can't live WITHOUT :heart:
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hopefully its a sign their funds are low and their saving postage!
  • Taiko
    Taiko Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's funny to bait them, too. Something I've attempted today. This could get fun!
  • baz_on_solent
    Options
    AFCB_Rule. wrote: »
    In my defence I normally do shop at the Morrisons if i park in the car park there and normally do buy a ticket - but you'll have to take my word for that. :rotfl:

But if everything is as everyone says it is, are we basically saying it's a free car park? (for those who don't take the mick and park there all day every day and are only there for a couple of hours at most). Yeah it has pay and display machines, but their use, is in effect, voluntary because any 'fines' incurred for non-use cannot be enforced. If that be so, then :beer:!

Thanks for all the comments people, much appreciated. I guess i'll ignore all further letters, will not pay the monies demanded and see what happens. I'll let you know what happens.

My alleged transgression occurred in Morrison's car park in Gosport. This particular Branch provides a small Restaurant/Cafe for you, so while you partake of their fine cuisine be mindful that you are incurring the wrath of the ever vigilant Parking eye Camera that will photograph you upon your departure and with the wonders of modern technology will calculate whether or not you have contravened their so called rules.
    There was a large sign at the car park entrance and flyers at the Checkouts that read from the 25th April there will be a maximum parking time of 2 hours.
    But the notice/demand I received states my indiscretion occurred a full 11 days prior to this date of the 25th April. All I can say is, I would look forward to my day in court if it were to happen because I photographed the large sign and I have a handful of those flyers too.
    Obviously Parking eye is not a very professional Company. Ha Ha Ha. Baz..:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure