IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Nasty tricks

Options

Comments

• Whatdoiknow
    Whatdoiknow Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »
    But it's neither an "offence" or a "fine", it's an invoice.

No it's an "etc":p
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920 Forumite
    Options
    Received a Parking Eye notice for my MPV today - the car that I own but lend to my mum. She committed a heinous crime:

"On the 06 May 2011 vehicle XXXXXXX entered the X car park at 11:12:45 and departed at 13:15:03 on 06 May 2011.

The signage blah blah... max 2 hours..."

for which they want a £60 fine. [insert swivel smilie]

The interesting part is the smallprint:

"Your details have been provided by the DVLA as you are the registered keeper of a vehicle which has been parked in breach of the Terms and Conditions of a private car park. ParkingEye is fully compliant with the Information Commissioner (https://www.ico.org.uk). Please contact Parking Eye for further details..... Blah blah...."

So nothing about identifying the person who actually committed the 2.5 minute overstay. They're telling me I'm liable which is a lie. They just want money off me the registered keeper.

Now I'm a fair man and believe in Karma - 10 unaddressed empty envelopes for this transgression ParkingEye. :p:D

I also look forward to the next batch of pleading letters. Why can't you at least print pictures of the car so that I can give them to my kids so they can cut out a picture of grandma on a rainy day?
    The man without a signature.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    That 2.5 minutes could have been in a queue waiting to get out of the car park, did the t&c say that the 2 hours include waiting time to get into an advisory parking bay ? ;) and please send 20 empty unstamped envelopes lol
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Whatdoiknow
    Whatdoiknow Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    vikingaero wrote: »
    Received a Parking Eye notice for my MPV today - the car that I own but lend to my mum. She committed a heinous crime:

"On the 06 May 2011 vehicle XXXXXXX entered the X car park at 11:12:45 and departed at 13:15:03 on 06 May 2011.

The signage blah blah... max 2 hours..."

for which they want a £60 fine. [insert swivel smilie]

The interesting part is the smallprint:

"Your details have been provided by the DVLA as you are the registered keeper of a vehicle which has been parked in breach of the Terms and Conditions of a private car park. ParkingEye is fully compliant with the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk). Please contact Parking Eye for further details..... Blah blah...."

So nothing about identifying the person who actually committed the 2.5 minute overstay. They're telling me I'm liable which is a lie. They just want money off me the registered keeper.

Now I'm a fair man and believe in Karma - 10 unaddressed empty envelopes for this transgression ParkingEye. :p:D

I also look forward to the next batch of pleading letters. Why can't you at least print pictures of the car so that I can give them to my kids so they can cut out a picture of grandma on a rainy day?

If they even suggest that the RK is liable they are not only commiting a criminal offence (lying to obtain monies) but also breaching BPA guidlines :

2.2 The paragraph 67) A) (Enforcement Action on outstanding parking tickets – Notice to Owner - page 13); this “letter to the owner” should make no reference to asking for payment but should specifically point out the details of the contravention and request that the owner furnish the details of the driver at the time the charge was incurred.

Don't reply is the correct procedure but I did on behalf of our Company, threatening Roxburghe with the police, OFT and TS and they messed their pants and backed down straight away.
  • Busybody44
    Options
    Hi everyone, im another new member of the Parking eye family! I received my notice yesterday and immediately sent the "i was not driving template" which I now see on reading all these posts, i should have perhaps just ignored them rather than reply! My one concern though is that in the sample letters above, it does give an example of someone being actually taken to court and losing after refusing to tell them who was driving, is this a true case? I definately was not driving and wasnt even in the front seat of the car!
    Thanks x
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 20 January 2014 at 3:02PM
    Options
    This is an old thread, with old advice

NO REPLIES HERE PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If the ppc's were happy that they would win every case they would not trundle out an old case. We have repeatedly asked them for more recent cases that they have won and so far the score is PPC "0" Victims "100%"
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    Also think about this, they report about a case 3 years ago by a completely separate company that has no ties to parking eye, now why aren't they using examples of their own cases brought to court and being successfully claimed? The reason is quite simple really, Parking Eye never do court, they have never to my knowledge taken anyone there successfully.

Surely there would be bags of cases they list as being heard at the small claims within the last 3 years, but we know there has been none, oh except this one ;)

http://www.lep.co.uk/news/trainee_solicitor_wins_parking_ticket_case_for_brother_1_777088
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Karen19
    Karen19 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    vinylmusic wrote: »
    If you get a Parking Charge Notice from Parking Eye heres a nasty trick to watch out for.

I had one issued early Feb telling me to pay the "reduced" rate of £50 within 14 days otherwise it would be the full rate of £80
    Stupidly I phoned them, mainly to establish where the car park was. I asked if I would get to see the photographic evidence before the 14 days was up and I was assured that I would.
    Well 14 days passed and lo and behold. no photographic evidence
    Then, came a letter with the photos dated 11 days after the first reminding me that I had 4 days left to pay the £50 rate
    Only this letter arrived in my letterbox 2 days beyond that deadline meaning I was too late anyway

Thier first letter took 4 days to get to me after it was dated
    The second letter took a week

I very rarely get 1st class mail coming later than one day and second class 2 days to get to me so delaying tactics must be their game.
    I think that they must sit on the letters a few days between dating and sending them in order to create a sense of urgency

I recently parked in a private car park operated by Parking Eye. They had changed the time allocated from 2 hours down to 1. Although they changed the signs it wasn't widely publicised. Let's face it when you use a car park on a regular basis how many times do you check the signs to see if it has changed? People only found out about it when someone posted a letter in the local paper warning people of it. Anyway they said I had to pay £50. I got the letter 4th May and had until 10th May to pay it otherwise it would rise to £80 + £30 administration fee??? I paid it right away cos I was frightened of getting a "fine". A lot of other people got stung with it also. Now there has been so much uproar that they have changed it back to 2 hours. I think I should get a refund. What does anyone else think? Have I got a leg to stand on with regards to getting my money back?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Karen19 wrote: »
    I recently parked in a private car park operated by Parking Eye. They had changed the time allocated from 2 hours down to 1. Although they changed the signs it wasn't widely publicised. Let's face it when you use a car park on a regular basis how many times do you check the signs to see if it has changed? People only found out about it when someone posted a letter in the local paper warning people of it. Anyway they said I had to pay £50. I got the letter 4th May and had until 10th May to pay it otherwise it would rise to £80 + £30 administration fee??? I paid it right away cos I was frightened of getting a "fine". A lot of other people got stung with it also. Now there has been so much uproar that they have changed it back to 2 hours. I think I should get a refund. What does anyone else think? Have I got a leg to stand on with regards to getting my money back?

I think the phrase "snowball in hells chance" comes to mind. Actually you should not have paid them a penny, but that's too late now. I am afraid it's an expensive mistake. From now on do not pay any money to any private parking company if you breach their silly "rules".
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure