IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Nasty tricks

Options

Comments

• esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The only "criteria" they know is getting your money. Appeals never succeed unless the landowners intervene.
    The chances of them going any further are very very slim. The best course of action from now is to ignore them.

If you wish you could try complaining to the landowners. However ignoring parking spy is the best way to go from now on!
  • Sufi
    Sufi Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Thanks for your quick reply, its really annoying as my wife got this ticket for being 12mins over as she got delayed getting back to the car, as we have 2 kids you know anything can happen... and currently unemployed doesn't help my situation either. Thanks again guys for the fast response.

P.S
    What will likely happen now if I start to ignore the letters/reminders?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 20 January 2014 at 3:03PM
    Options
    Sufi wrote: »

P.S
    This is an old thread, with old advice

NO REPLIES HERE PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • esmerobbo
    Options
    Sufi wrote: »

P.S

With Parking Spy 99.9% chance you will receive a few letters then nothing at all!! Or a 00.1% chance thy will take you to county court, not very likely at all.
    We have seen one current court case with PE through a new solicitor they have used. Don't know if they will see it through, or if they will win. The only other time they were in court was when they were sued and had to repay the charge to a motorist.

Myself and many others here [before we started advising to ignore them completely] have challenged PE to take us to court! They never accepted my challenge or anyone else's I believe. :wink:
  • TwistedPsycho
    TwistedPsycho Posts: 971 Forumite
    Options
    esmerobbo wrote: »
    With Parking Spy 99.9% chance you will receive a few letters then nothing at all!! Or a 00.1% chance thy will take you to county court, not very likely at all.

How Dare You post so much disinformation about the odds of being taken to County Court, you disillusioned person!

More like 00.0000001%

:beer:
    Signaller, author, father, carer.
  • esmerobbo
    Options
    How Dare You post so much disinformation about the odds of being taken to County Court, you disillusioned person!

More like 00.0000001%

:beer:

True but me 0 key is playing up!:D

However given PE;s history the odds are probably immeasurably small!:)
  • tfutcher
    tfutcher Posts: 190 Forumite
    Options
    Today I received a second letter chasing up payment for an overstay at co-op in Wollston from PE. First I never received the first letter. Second they have the informtation wrong. They are stating that we stayed in a car park for 6 hours 10 min. When in fact we left after ten minutes and came back later in the day, which is allowed. Have convinced my OH (who was driving the car) after reading this forum to ignore them as they have no leg to stand on
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    Oopsadaisy wrote: »
    Er, you've read all the posts and you're still not sure if you should pay up or ignore????

There's something wrong somewhere folks, if someone can read our posts and still not be sure what to do.

Come on we must try harder to be clear in our advice of ignore.

I guess 'ignore' sounds and reads an awful lot like 'pay up'???

Sadly new posters seem to be treated harshly more often than they used to. Often it's because they ask questions that have already been asked, or post in the "wrong place".
    There's also sometimes a "this is our board" attitude that seems to not want new posters coming in and ruining a pre-established clique.

To be utterly clear - both of these go against the philosophy of this site.

MoneySaving should be fun. Everyone using these boards is here for the same reason, to save money. The site's motto is "Please be nice to other MoneySavers". If you see someone being rude to newbies please report them to

[EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

Yes, we're aware some may be spammers, trolls or alter egos, but whatever you think please just report them without responding on the forum discussion itself.

Regular site users can be incredibly helpful in combating this problem. If you have the time, instead of getting frustrated and writing "this has been asked before" please post "Hi, you may not have seen this, but it may answer your question" and give the link to where it's been answered before.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • baz_on_solent
    Options
    Taiko wrote: »
    I imagine they just think they can get away with it more given the clients they'd have in Gosport, either way, ignore.
    I'm not sure how to take this it sounds like a slur on people from Gosport to me. What do you mean by "given the clients they'd have in Gosport" why are people in Gosport so Different?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 January 2014 at 1:45AM
    Options
    This is an old thread, with old advice which no longer applies from 2013 onwards!!!!!

STOP READING NOW THIS IS A WASTE OF YOUR TIME, GO TO PAGE ONE OF THIS FORUM INSTEAD (ONE CLICK AWAY, AS EXPLAINED IN MY SIGNATURE BELOW).

YOU MUST APPEAL NOW IF IN ENGLAND/WALES!!!!!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure