IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Nasty tricks

Options

Comments

• notts_phil
    notts_phil Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Options
    When will people learn to ignore these fools?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • funkycoldribena
    Options
    notts_phil wrote: »
    When will people learn to ignore these fools?

And read the stickies.
    Went shoplifting at the Disneystore today.

Got a huge Buzz out of it.
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The 2008 case is totally irrelevant, they quote that the judge found in all probability Stephen Thomas was the driver. Well yes he did but only after being shown print off's from a forum when Thomas admitted being the driver.

I was once quoted the same guff stating because I am the RK of the vehicle a judge would find I was in all probability the driver at the time. My answer to that was would he also find I was driving and parking the other 14 vehicles I have registered in my name also???

By the way if your ever in trouble with the law don't use that solicitor.:D
  • angrymotorist
    Options
    And read the stickies.

In answer to this, I did seek advice from the internet regarding Parking Eye, but unfortunately didn't come across this forum until today. I had taken advice from a different forum on the web whereby someone advised a letter such as the one I sent would be sufficient.

I don't know how these companies are still allowed to operate...surely they aren't conforming to the BPA's code of conduct?!
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't forget that the BPA is not some sort of regulator. It's a cosy trade association financed by the parking "industry".
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • karent_2
    karent_2 Posts: 141 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My daughter works at McDonalds on a site with a number of other shops including Lidl, Brantano, Carpetright among others. Parking Eye "look after " the carpark. It has one hour parking with no return within 4 hours. How are you supposed to shop and have a bite to eat in an hour?

My problems came when I dropped my teenage daughter off at work at 1130 and collected her at 1830. According to Parking Eye I was on site from 1130 till 1830 even though I didn't actually park at any point, just drove on and straight off! Her manager is trying to get the car registered as a staff car and I am simply ignoring them.

How long does it usually take between letter 2 and letter 3? Just wondering if the fax from McDonalds has done the trick. I wouldn't care but I drive on and drive off several times each month(though I have avoided it lately), and don't want the stress of these invoices every time!!
  • funkycoldribena
    funkycoldribena Posts: 788 Forumite
    edited 7 June 2011 at 7:19PM
    Options
    In answer to this, I did seek advice from the internet regarding Parking Eye, but unfortunately didn't come across this forum until today. I had taken advice from a different forum on the web whereby someone advised a letter such as the one I sent would be sufficient.

I don't know how these companies are still allowed to operate...surely they aren't conforming to the BPA's code of conduct?!

Apologies for being slightly sarcastic but the amount of people that dont read the stickies and think their situation is unique is phenomenal.It doesnt matter if you parked upside down,with 25 cheerleaders on the roof,were photgraphed leaving by David Bailey the same advice applies-dont appeal-there is no appeal,and just ignore,ignore,ignore.As for the BPA,well I would be banned from this forum if I wrote what I thought about them.
    Edit;this only applies to private parking co's and not council.
    Went shoplifting at the Disneystore today.

Got a huge Buzz out of it.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 January 2014 at 1:46AM
    Options
    This is an old thread, with old advice which no longer applies from 2013 onwards!!!!!

STOP READING NOW THIS IS A WASTE OF YOUR TIME, GO TO PAGE ONE OF THIS FORUM INSTEAD (ONE CLICK AWAY, AS EXPLAINED IN MY SIGNATURE BELOW).

YOU MUST APPEAL NOW IF IN ENGLAND/WALES!!!!!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • samjambaloo
    Options
    We got a fine, ahem, request for payment from parking spy yesterday for the £50 increasing to £80 + costs yadah, yadah, yadah. I was in the middle of drafting my appeal letter when I googled them and came accross this forum...THANKYOU...I will not be appealling now and we will be waiting to complete the set of letters from parking spy that I will gladly burn on completion of the set. But what has really got my goat is that the DVLA sold our details to that thieving bunch of......

Again thanks to everyone on the forum it has saved us some money in these cash strapped times:T
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    karent wrote: »
    My daughter works at McDonalds on a site with a number of other shops including Lidl, Brantano, Carpetright among others. Parking Eye "look after " the carpark. It has one hour parking with no return within 4 hours. How are you supposed to shop and have a bite to eat in an hour?

My problems came when I dropped my teenage daughter off at work at 1130 and collected her at 1830. According to Parking Eye I was on site from 1130 till 1830 even though I didn't actually park at any point, just drove on and straight off! Her manager is trying to get the car registered as a staff car and I am simply ignoring them.

How long does it usually take between letter 2 and letter 3? Just wondering if the fax from McDonalds has done the trick. I wouldn't care but I drive on and drive off several times each month(though I have avoided it lately), and don't want the stress of these invoices every time!!

The management team of that retail area had a problem, a problem with shoppers parking up for 2 hours browsing & buying stuff, they wanted a fast turnaround so they tried to bring in the A-Team, but failed and so had to bring in the ZZZZZ-team known as Parking Spy.

And then they wonder why sales have decreased
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport