IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Nasty tricks

Options

Comments

• AFCB_Rule.
    Options
    Hi guys, :hello:

So here's one for you all. I got an "invoice" or "parking fine" from Parking Eye for parking in a Morrisons carpark. The thing was, I never bought a carpark ticket in the first place, and didn't shop at Morrisons - I went to the Sainsburys down the road. I was in the carpark for about an hour. Have i got a leg to stand on here? Taken at face value, I'm not sure you could really call this "invoice" or "fine" unfair. Should I ignore it? Or should I pay it? Should I stay or should I go? I quite like The Clash........

I could do with a bit of help! :wall:,

Thanking you.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 20 January 2014 at 2:53PM
    Options
    This is an old thread, with old advice

NO REPLIES HERE PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Sirdan
    Sirdan Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    Options
    AFCB_Rule. wrote: »
    Hi guys, :hello:

So here's one for you all. I got an "invoice" or "parking fine" from Parking Eye for parking in a Morrisons carpark. The thing was, I never bought a carpark ticket in the first place, and didn't shop at Morrisons - I went to the Sainsburys down the road. I was in the carpark for about an hour. Have i got a leg to stand on here? Taken at face value, I'm not sure you could really call this "invoice" or "fine" unfair. Should I ignore it? Or should I pay it? Should I stay or should I go? I quite like The Clash........

I could do with a bit of help! :wall:,

Thanking you.

Legally you don't have to pay it but morally perhaps you feel you should.
    There again has the car park owner incurred a loss anything close to the £60 Parking Eye are demanding ..somehow I doubt it ?

Up to you.. you could of course reimburse Morrisons directly for their loss
    ..but how do you measure it
    ..in a free car park the loss of parking fee is £0
    ..was the car park so full that you have deprived a genuine Morrison's customer of a space.?
    if yes ..how do you begin to estimate how much that customer would have spent had they been able to park ..£1.50 for a paper and a pack of biscuits or £150 for a main shop ..who knows ?
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    AFCB_Rule. wrote: »

So here's one for you all.

I could do with a bit of help!

We don't need it....we already have thousands of identical ones.

Help? Try ignoring it all...works for everyone else.

HTH
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 January 2014 at 1:44AM
    Options
    This is an old thread, with old advice which no longer applies from 2013 onwards!!!!!

STOP READING NOW THIS IS A WASTE OF YOUR TIME, GO TO PAGE ONE OF THIS FORUM INSTEAD (ONE CLICK AWAY, AS EXPLAINED IN MY SIGNATURE BELOW).

YOU MUST APPEAL NOW IF IN ENGLAND/WALES!!!!!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • magsmag
    magsmag Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Hello All, I have received a letter from Parking Eye today. I had parked in the disabled bay for 3 hours, which I'm allowed and the ticket was displayed. This was in Havant. They sent out a standard letter saying I was over 2 hours.....yes I was.....I was 3 hours. They now want photocopies of passes and documentation....but the cheek of it! My care manager also had the same problem with them. Apparently you have to have the disabled pass on show till you drive through the barrier.....which I did....but still got a 'so called' fine....but I've done nothing wrong.....so...guilty until I prove I'm innocent.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 20 January 2014 at 3:00PM
    Options
    magsmag wrote: »
    Hello All, I have received a letter from Parking Eye today. I had parked in the disabled bay for 3 hours, which I'm allowed and the ticket was displayed. This was in Havant. They sent out a standard letter saying I was over 2 hours.....yes I was.....I was 3 hours. They now want photocopies of passes and documentation....but the cheek of it! My care manager also had the same problem with them. Apparently you have to have the disabled pass on show till you drive through the barrier.....which I did....but still got a 'so called' fine....but I've done nothing wrong.....so...guilty until I prove I'm innocent.

This is an old thread, with old advice

NO REPLIES HERE PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    You don't even have to have the blue-badge on display as the scheme doesn't apply on private land.

Just ignore Parking Eye, they rarely do court, although do send a lovely letter to the manager of the retail outlet you visited to say if this is how they treat disabled customers than you shall not be returning.
  • Cheshirelass
    Options
    Letter 1 and thanks to the great advice on this forum, I'm ignoring, ignoring and ignoring :)

The amount they are trying to get means that cost of parking would be £400 per hour :D

Thank you to everyone on here.
  • AFCB_Rule.
    AFCB_Rule. Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 1 April 2011 at 10:32AM
    Options
    Sirdan wrote: »
    Legally you don't have to pay it but morally perhaps you feel you should.
    There again has the car park owner incurred a loss anything close to the £60 Parking Eye are demanding ..somehow I doubt it ?

Up to you.. you could of course reimburse Morrisons directly for their loss
    ..but how do you measure it
    ..in a free car park the loss of parking fee is £0
    ..was the car park so full that you have deprived a genuine Morrison's customer of a space.?
    if yes ..how do you begin to estimate how much that customer would have spent had they been able to park ..£1.50 for a paper and a pack of biscuits or £150 for a main shop ..who knows ?

In my defence I normally do shop at the Morrisons if i park in the car park there and normally do buy a ticket - but you'll have to take my word for that. :rotfl:

But if everything is as everyone says it is, are we basically saying it's a free car park? (for those who don't take the mick and park there all day every day and are only there for a couple of hours at most). Yeah it has pay and display machines, but their use, is in effect, voluntary because any 'fines' incurred for non-use cannot be enforced. If that be so, then :beer:!

Thanks for all the comments people, much appreciated. I guess i'll ignore all further letters, will not pay the monies demanded and see what happens. I'll let you know what happens..........

P.S. To coupon mad, i guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Or perhaps compromise and acknowledge that, at the very least, AFCB are the Pride of the South!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure