IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Nasty tricks

Options

Comments

• bromsgrovebarry
    Options
    Hey! Don't jump the queue, I have been waiting over a year for my summons for Parking Eye.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • banjobill
    Options
    What about the cases that come up on various media/news sites when you Google "Parking Eye"?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 20 January 2014 at 1:52PM
    Options
    banjobill wrote: »
    What about the cases that come up on various media/news sites when you Google "Parking Eye"?

This is an old thread, with old advice

NO REPLIES HERE PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Bashy
    Bashy Posts: 74 Forumite
    edited 11 August 2010 at 1:15AM
    Options
    If you read a previous post you would know that we issued the tickets our selves and then sent off the details to the company to follow up, as it was a trade centre we knew exactly what vehicles belonged to customers and who was just after a free parking space without our permision, so your answer to that question is no we did not upset or loose any customers and it was mostly solicitors after a free parking space because even on their huge saleries they were too tight to pay for a space in the official car park so sorry absolutly no sympathy for these people.

I too see the point you are saying you know who is a customer or not, But dont you think the best way and the hassle free way is to have a barrier with a ticket machine then gives an free hour parking or around that and anyone who goes over pays say like the rest of town parking around £1-£2 an hour.

This way your customers get what they need for free and they dont pay, If its because you dont have many spaces then make the hour rate a bit more thus you are still getting an income and defer the none customers away.

Most folk dont mind paying to park but been ripped off just to cash in on uninformed folk is wrong
  • AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    Options
    As is often the case, people's opinions about this are sadly irrelevant.

There is established law regarding unauthorised parking on private land. Use it to construct an enforceable and effective contract - until then, you cannot defend your actions.

Bashy's advice is correct.
  • fay68
    Options
    I have received a ticket for obstructive parking at Giltbrook Nottm I have queries it with the man and he staqtes they have pictures. I was in a disabled bay with my blue badge on display what is the next job I sent an e-mail and it has returned to me.
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    The next step???....

.....er...... get on with enjoying the rest of your life and ignore everything from these people [assuming it's a 'private' invoice/ticket/'fine'.]
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • fay68
    Options
    Hi it just says Parking eye at top:cool:
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 20 January 2014 at 1:53PM
    Options
    fay68 wrote: »
    Hi it just says Parking eye at top:cool:

This is an old thread, with old advice

NO REPLIES HERE PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • banjobill
    Options
    How long do the letters get sent out for? Is there a total number before they give up? Or just periodically every few weeks?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure