IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Nasty tricks

Options

Comments

• I_KeepForgetting_My_name
    I_KeepForgetting_My_name Posts: 27 Forumite
    edited 29 July 2010 at 8:49AM
    Options
    derrick wrote: »
    Parking Eye lose case.

I had one of these whilst displaying a blue badge so wrote an appeal. OF course as they only use a camera to record comings and goings Blue Badge holders are stuffed anyway.
    Didn't even think about it being a civil thing. Neither in my defence did HUBBY
    , who works for Surrey Police and was in CID for 28 years dealing with Fraud so I guess this is not quite the same thing!

Any advice as to what to do now?
    do I just ignore any further correspondence?

OH I am relieved in part BUT anxious about the fact we replied.
    :cry:
    I am already suffering anxiety from a variety of causes so when I got this in the post i panicked.
    IF BA had played fair on their action to get us home when our flight was cancelled through strike action, I wouldn't even have been in that car park. We were in our bank trying to stop payment of the extortionate fare we had to pay to get home.
    Is there another forum where I can get help with this?

Also wondered what would happen if people were away when the Penalty notices came through............
    This is disgusting.
    Can we get watchdog involved?
    OH I see they already have been I must have missed that .
    Facebook here I come. LOL
    :beer:
    THANKS TO EVERYONE ON HERE WHO KNEW the law
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,530 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Just ignore any further correspondence.
  • andybookie
    Options
    Hi

I received a fine and before I read these threads I appealed.
    Would people advise me to respond saying I withdraw my appeal as I do not acknowledge the charge and they cannot lawfully fine me or should I just ignore whatever comes next.

Thanks in advance

Andybookie
  • angel_islington
    Options
    schoey99 wrote: »
    I've read a few posts from people who enjoy the 'sport' of engaging PE and other PPCs in dialogue whilst having no intention of paying. There is absolutely no point; their business model will be based on a certain percentage of people paying. I doubt if they care whatsoever about the majority who do not pay. When the break even treshold of payers/non-payers is reached they will pack up and do something else.
    I now deliberately use PE sites whenever I can; this can save on pay and display charges and the time is limitless.

Are you not risking having your car (unlawfully) clamped by doing that? It's easy to ignore a PE invoice but once they clamp and tow your car, the only way you are getting it back is to pay up and then go through the hassle of getting your money back.
  • bromsgrovebarry
    Options
    Parking Eye do not clamp or tow. No worries.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • banjobill
    banjobill Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 9 August 2010 at 11:17AM
    Options
    Morning all.

Just received a third letter from Parking Eye. Emblazened in the top of the letter in bold letters is the words "FINAL NOTICE".

They now want £90 instead of £60.
    "If this letter is ignored, we will have no option other than to instruct our debt collection agency, to secure immediate payment, commencing court proceedings, through our solicitors, if required. Therefore to avoid future and unnecessary action, please pay the outstanding Parking Charge at the final reduced amount, for what was a clear contravention of the parking regulations.

The consequences of not paying, and subsequent legal proceedings, are that you could receive a County Court Judgement and, if you ignore that, a bailiff will attend your address to remove goods.

We are determined to protect the interests of our clients and their customers by managing their car parks , as is legally their right, so that they are free from parking abuse of this kind and fit for their intented purposes."
    I can't quite put my finger on it, but the letter just reads slightly odd. They're not going to raise the fine from £90 to £120 before sending the bailiffs round?

I've been speaking to someone who's experience this hassle before, and he said to write a single letter in reply stating I will not be paying due to the fine being disproportionate to the loss incurred by the landowner, and that I will not be entering into any further correspondance until the issue is clarified.

Does anybody have any opinions?
  • Sir_Roger_deLodger
    Options
    No need to contact them, just ignore. They can't just "get" a CCJ against you without actually taking you to court and winning. As Parking Eye have never been known to do this, it simply won't happen. I have a drawer full of Parking Eye invoices, and have even tried to goad them into issuing court papers, but they just won't!
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 20 January 2014 at 1:51PM
    Options
    This is an old thread, with old advice

NO REPLIES HERE PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • shortchanged_2
    Options
    Parking Eye cannot fine you, they have no legal authority to do so. Your 'appeal' will be declined. Parking Eye are one of the most pathetic scammers and from experience, I can confirm they do not take people to court. Just ignore them, the more you write to them, the more they think they have conned you. Ignore the letters from debt collection agencies, threats of making 'home visits' and threats of legal action. If you get worried by the follow up letters from this scum, post on here for reassurance.

Agree with bromsgovebarry here.

The only thing I would add is if you do in the slightest chance get a home visit keep a copy of the Watchtower handy and start a spiel about the almighty. See how long they wait to get the dosh off you then. :rotfl:
  • interstellaflyer
    Options
    Flip side of the coin here, I used to work for a company who's car park was constantly used by arogant solicitors (we were near the magistrates court) who even though they knew damned well they were parked on private property also knew the tickets were unenforceble, ok I can sypathise with people who slightly over stay on a retail park car park however there are many that use them as free parking whilst they either work or shop elsewhere so I have no sympathy with these people, how is it fair that someone who knowingly trespasses and parks on private property, in our case denying our employees, customers and visitors parking spaces can legaly refuse to pay the ticket, sorry but if you knowingly park ilegaly or without the land owners permision you should pay, how would you like it if someone parked in your drive without your permision. The problem these days is people want to do the crime and then get out of paying for their actions when caught.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure