IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Nasty tricks

Options

Comments

• cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Debt collectors mean the situation has become serious. You really ought to pay now.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Keep your quotes coming, best laugh I have had in a long time.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 January 2014 at 1:33AM
    Options
    This is an old thread, with old advice

NO REPLIES HERE PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • banjobill
    banjobill Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Just to say to banjobill, hope you've realised to ignore any post by the troll, LurkingEnforcer!

Yeah, I figured straight away heh.

But seriously, how long would it take? I ask because I've noticed lots of posts from people saying they've had the first three and then nothing has happened after that, but then all those posts seem to be within the last month or so, and I wondered, maybe those folks just haven't received any further action yet as small claims court summons' can take a few months to implement?

Also, I spoke to 2 impartial legal advice hotlines this morning, and both say the driver must pay the fine, or ParkingEye are within their rights to take them to small claims court, as the driver voluntarily entered a contractual agreement which comes under contractual law?
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    Which hotlines were these ?

The general reader needs to be informed so they know not to ring them.

The description of the advice received can only lead one to the conclusion that they are appalling. But the unqualified general reader will not know that.
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    For every post that says they stopped after 3 or so letters there are dozens who do not come back to say we were right.
    If we were wrong and they took anyone to court, I don't think it would be long before they came back on here and had a go at us do you? So far no-one has.
    Also if we were wrong about ignoring and they did take everyone they threatened to court we would soon have to fess up and stop saying ignore.
    So far, despite repeated requests for ppc's to take on one of the experts in court, either here or on Pepipoo.com, not one has had the nerve to try it.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 20 January 2014 at 1:48PM
    Options
    banjobill wrote: »
    Also, I spoke to 2 impartial legal advice hotlines this morning, and both say the driver must pay the fine, or ParkingEye are within their rights to take them to small claims court, as the driver voluntarily entered a contractual agreement which comes under contractual law?

What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,530 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone got the Watchdog link? Actions of a solicitor speak louder than words from someone from a hotline.

The hotline were correct in that Parkingeye can take the driver to Court, but will they? If they do you have very good defences available online and they wouldn't win.

For a contract you need offer, acceptance and consideration (cash). The offer is some dodgy sign, they argue acceptance is the fact you parked there, where is the consideration? There isn't any, therefore no contract - claim dismissed.
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    banjobill wrote: »

And just how would parking eye get to know who the drivers was, there is no law that says you must reveal who they are.,Dvla only show who the keeper is.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 20 January 2014 at 1:48PM
    Options

What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    One hopes that the hot lines are somewhat better informed in employment matters.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure