PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What frugal find came your way today?

Options

Comments

• Patchwork_Quilt
    Options
    A bag of bits of wool that had once been used for making pompoms and was hanging around waiting to be given away or binned. I shall use it in the crochet.

Two handbags of the frivolous variety, given to DD as presents and never used. They might be nice as presents for other friends if filled with treats and goodies.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    zarazara wrote: »
    So do I budgeteer. Downloadable books.GREAT. its just a matter of changing habits and remembering things. Latterly I have decided to say "How can I make this do twice?" Stretching meat with lentils or barley or veg,meat-free days,washing and reusing freezer bags,patching and mending things,searching freecycle for stuff,taking plant cuttings instead of a trip to the garden centre.Using cash instead of cards.BTW I cancelled and cut up my Barclaycard this morning.great feeling.

Great ideas zarazara Cut up the Barclaycard - LOVE IT!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Reverbe wrote: »
    I wanted to see a local theatre production coming soon. Found out they are looking for Front Of House volunteers which can entails being able to see the show for free. So sent them an email. :)

Now that's very canny :T
  • Mrs_Thrify
    Mrs_Thrify Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yesterday - asked jeeves for a recipy on how to make pancakes as Oh was saying it was pancake day and could I cook some?

Freebie in the post - pens, mug and book marks. Also saved the 2 rubber bands as they may come in usefull.

Small gift inside a letter = a page of red roses stickers.
    If winter comes, can spring be far behind?
    Spring begins on 21st March.
  • Bronnie
    Bronnie Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    zarazara wrote: »
    photo of room please!

Haha I really must learn to master photobucket............the style of the room is sort of a fusion of faded-french-chateau-shabby-chic meets MFI!!:rotfl:
  • kezlou
    kezlou Posts: 3,283 Forumite
    Options
    Budgeteer all i can is wow!!!! The features are outstanding on the dresser. My OH couldn't hammer a nail in the wall until he started plumbing now he can do all sorts. I have only just started to sew after me and OH i saw kirstie's home made home and thought bet we could do that. after she paid stupid money for cushions. so guess what we did.

Yesterday a friend of mine gave me a mirror, throwover, new slippers and four small vases so going to put them up in our bedroom i think.
    Remembered i also got our current double bed and mattress for free and a portable tv rescued from the bin.

Reading this thread is giving me so many ideas thanks everyone :)
  • shiningdove
    Options
    My most precious possesion (after my doggie) is my 1950's kenwood chef <3
    I inhrerited it from my Grandma
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 February 2010 at 10:53AM
    Options
    kezlou wrote: »
    Budgeteer all i can is wow!!!! The features are outstanding on the dresser. My OH couldn't hammer a nail in the wall until he started plumbing now he can do all sorts. I have only just started to sew after me and OH i saw kirstie's home made home and thought bet we could do that. after she paid stupid money for cushions. so guess what we did.

Yesterday a friend of mine gave me a mirror, throwover, new slippers and four small vases so going to put them up in our bedroom i think.
    Remembered i also got our current double bed and mattress for free and a portable tv rescued from the bin.

Reading this thread is giving me so many ideas thanks everyone :)
    Thanks - at the moment I don't sew much and am consequently not much cop. But when my course finishes in October, I plan to put down my knitting needles and concentrate on sewing. How did your cushions turn out?
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    edited 18 February 2010 at 12:20PM
    Options
    Not free, but I think frugal, I went to yet another charity shop & 6 balls of Rowan Damask yard for 50p a ball, it's varying shades of green.
    Hester

ps just checked on Ebay, it's £3.20 a ball!!!

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • zarazara
    zarazara Posts: 2,264 Forumite
    Options
    Well Done Hardup Hester.
    Today whilst supermarket shopping I picked up a cake reduced to 10p and on returning home I have saved the plastic bags the fruit and veg came in to re-use as sandwich bags for work lunches.
    "The purpose of Life is to spread and create Happiness" :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport