Great 'Fave Sub-£5 Beauty Products' Hunt?

Comments

• Clare_king
    Clare_king Posts: 80 Forumite
    Probably just over the £5, but cheaper when you go for the the multi buy offers - I really recommend Maybeline dream matte mousse - the coverage is excellent, I used to use Clinique super fit before this, but found it a little too expensive so when I tried a free sample of this I realised it wasn't really that different to Clinique, and as I said, the coverage is just the same.
  • Lobell
    Lobell Posts: 621 Forumite
    I have very dry sensitive, flaky skin and have tried various skin products, i never stick to the same creams I am yet to find a suitable one for my dry skin.
    Can anyone recommend a good moisturiser for my dry skin please?
    Many thanks

If it's a facial moisturiser you're looking for, I have found Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance to be the best facial moisturiser for my very dry, sensitive & reactive skin. It is expensive (and completely at odds with the spirit of this thread), but it's made a huge difference to my life as I used to have days where I couldn't face leaving the house as my skin was such a state.

I also had some success with Avene products (available in larger Boots stores) but Dermalogica has really been my life-saver.
  • Yaya
    Yaya Posts: 1 Newbie
    I love Vie at Home products and you will find the Clearance tab on their website has an under £5.00 section. These pages change regularly and worth multiple visits.

Also currently have men's products too. ;)
  • nikki2804
    nikki2804 Posts: 2,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Lobell wrote: »
    If it's a facial moisturiser you're looking for, I have found Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance to be the best facial moisturiser for my very dry, sensitive & reactive skin. It is expensive (and completely at odds with the spirit of this thread), but it's made a huge difference to my life as I used to have days where I couldn't face leaving the house as my skin was such a state.

I also had some success with Avene products (available in larger Boots stores) but Dermalogica has really been my life-saver.

Just a little warning - a lot of people react with Dermalogica products. I work with the products on a daily basis and its amazing the amount of people who can't use them.
  • joociejudy
    joociejudy Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 17 March 2010 at 4:35PM
    I discovered Aldi's face cream £1.89 a pot and it's fantastic. They do day and night cream at same price, it was recommended:j on a Gok Wan program.

Also Simple facial wipes (mentioned in another thread) are widely available in pound shops....
    1659 Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Aldi Siana Anti-wrinkle night cream with Retinol Complex & Co-enzyme Q10 is great at £1.99 & Aldi do the appropriate Day Cream at £1.99 too. These products have been rated on a par with expensive versions & fantastic value for money. All Aldi skin products are good and their make up range is well worth a try. Aldi even offer a money back (with receipt) if you are unhappy about any of their products!
  • Jo7
    Jo7 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Boots "Natural" range is good and Mascara is only £1.99. Sometimes they do 3 items for £5.
    Also Tesco Vit E face wipes are good and only 72p!
  • chochot
    chochot Posts: 9 Forumite
    Boots Time Delay Skin Treatments Radiance Booster is a fantastic substitute and its on offer at Boots for £4.84 (usually £6.84) so it makes the 'under a fiver' product search!

I think its great.

Johnsons 24 hour moisture hand cream is the business £1.99 for 50ml at Boots, but its often cheaper if you shop around, I think its half price at Tescos at the mo.

Does anyone know a good wash off cleanser?
  • benny123
    benny123 Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i've got a sample tube of thie time delay radiance booster, have'nt used serum before, is it to be applied before or after misturiser, (or instead of )
    thanks
  • mippy
    mippy Posts: 497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Barbara Daly make-up is very good.

My favourite is a Babyface cleanser from Lush - excellent at taking off make-up and not tested on animals (nobody needs to buy makeup and toiletries that have been animal tested, so why do it?)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure