Great 'Fave Sub-£5 Beauty Products' Hunt?

Comments

• Lobell wrote: »
    Aqueous cream - £1 for 500ml from Poundland. Brilliant as a shower cream , especially for eczema sufferers like me. Useless as a moisturiser though, so only use it to wash with.

Great minds!!!! Didn't know you could get it for £1 though. Even more of a bargain!
    LBM February 2008. DFD March 2013 19 August 2011
    Debt at LBM £14,395.48. Debt Now £0
  • My skin is extremely dry and every few nights I replace my regular night cream with just plain olive oil rubbed on my face. It gives my skin a real treat and when I wake up my face is lovely and soft.
  • Pootle_3
    Pootle_3 Posts: 160 Forumite
    I buy 8p (yes 8p!!!!) shower gel from Asda (basic range) and use it to refill my handwash pump.
    Smells really nice, you only need a little bit and I had had no problems such as sensitivity or dryness.
  • bhz-2
    bhz-2 Posts: 216 Forumite
    Pootle_3 wrote: »
    I buy 8p (yes 8p!!!!) shower gel from Asda (basic range) and use it to refill my handwash pump.
    Smells really nice, you only need a little bit and I had had no problems such as sensitivity or dryness.

I buy the Asda bath gel for 15p to refill my handwash pump, but 8p for the shower gel is even better!
  • bhz-2
    bhz-2 Posts: 216 Forumite
    r.mac wrote: »
    vaseline is so cheap and so versatile. A small pot costs just over £1 and lasts me months.

use on cheekbones and brow bones for a dewy glow

I've never used vaseline before. If you use it on cheekbones and brow bones, does that mean you can't apply foundation at all?

Thanks
  • Hi,

I just wanted to reccommend a new Aldi product called Double Lift its two products that combine into one when used, one battling wrinkles and the other firming the skin, its a copy of some other famous and very expesive products but is unbelieveably only £3.99!

The Aldi liquid concealer is also great at £3.59 and every bit as good as the Clinique or YSL more famous equivalents.:)
  • Pootle_3
    Pootle_3 Posts: 160 Forumite
    bhz-2 wrote: »
    I buy the Asda bath gel for 15p to refill my handwash pump, but 8p for the shower gel is even better!

Depends on the size though.

The shower gel is (I think) 200ml.

What size is the bath gel?
  • 2True plumping lip gloss, which is usually a couple of quid. Available in superdrug, gives a nice subtle plumping effect and has a long lasting colour
  • goonlord wrote: »
    Boots blue fragrance free eye make up remover is better than many very expensive brands IMO and about £1.49....they used to always have it on offer but don't seem to anymore :-(

I totally agree as a beauty product addict i have tried loads and loads of different eye make up removers from Lancome to own brands priced £40 - £1 and i have to addmit this is the best over all that i,ve used. im a contact lense wearer and often use waterproof mascara and this works a treat and is a right bargin. ive even converted a number of friends onto using it including a beauty threapist so it must be good :j
  • I have had some really good experiences with Boots Expert Range, whether it is hair care (their itchy flaky scalp treatment worked better than the expensive Phillip Kingsley treatment), skin care or stretch mark oil, I also love their eye makeup remover pads and Boots Vitamin E Eye Cream. Bio oil is also under £5 a bottle in our local Home Bargains, Tesco do a Q10 anti-ageing eye cream for around £1.50 and it has lasted 6 months (!) and has been scientifically proven to work! I also have found Avon's Solutions Skin care (the daily glow/radiance/orange packaged one) to be amazing on my 20 something dull dry but spot prone skin and I have had alot of compliments on my skin - the latest offer meant that my face wash was just 99p and my day and night cream combined came to £1.50!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure