Great 'Fave Sub-£5 Beauty Products' Hunt?

Comments

• antiLorna
    antiLorna Posts: 11 Forumite
    I love clarins flash balm too, i got some as a gift a while ago. I eek it out using normal nivea day creme (about £1 for 50ml), rub a dollop inbetween the palms of my hands and put just a tiny spot of flash balm in my hands and rub again, then massage all over my face and neck. It makes the nivea really silky and still makes my face feel tighter and brighter and it has lasted me for AGES! Try it, honestly it works. Avon skin so soft, age defying body serum does the same job too although im not sure they still do it and i cant remember how much i paid for it, im fairly certain though i wouldnt have paid more than a fiver for it.
    Never leave anywhere empty handed
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    The sub £5 is throwing me. I'd say my vit E oil is the single best budget beauty buy I have, it costs almost £9 I think, but I buy one, maybe two bottles a year, yet use it all the time.
  • The Johnsons face wipes in the pink packaging are great for dry skin and are about £3.99.

Can often be picked up in pound shop, making them even better value :)
    *wonders when they will make dressing gowns acceptable day wear?*
    No new toiletries challenge - use up the stash first!
    NSD Jan 2/15
  • redglass_2
    redglass_2 Posts: 771 Forumite
    antiLorna wrote: »
    I Avon skin so soft, age defying body serum does the same job too although im not sure they still do it and i cant remember how much i paid for it, im fairly certain though i wouldnt have paid more than a fiver for it.

You can get Skin So Soft on the Avon website - i bought it when it was on offer, but it's usually more than £5. It does a great job of keeping midges at bay, in fact it's recommended by the Forestry Commission for people who have to work outdoors and get bitten. Oh, and it smells nice too. (I'm a fan, can you tell?)

sugar dampened with oil makes a good skin scrub. I use kitchen oils that have gone stale and don't taste so nice for food.
    'Whatever you dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin now.' Goethe

• antiLorna
    antiLorna Posts: 11 Forumite
    It probably was on offer! It was in a purple bottle, it actually felt kinda nippy putting it on like it has caffine or something in it. Theres one on ebay item number 250597018535. I live in the west coast of scotland, ie, midge nirvana and as a result i have overloaded on the green skin so soft and it now gives me a migraine when i wear it!
    Never leave anywhere empty handed
  • Johnsons Baby oil is great too of course.
  • Avon has several products priced at 99p in each catalogue. I think they change the catalogue and the products every 3 weeks.
    Mostly it's bath products and shampoos but occasionally other stuff too.
    Also it's worth stocking up when they sell things at half price (regularly).
    I recommend their teatree shampoo for 99p (don't even need a conditioner afterwards - so silky) and eye shadow palette of 8 colours (which stay on without creasing all day!) for £5. Planet Spa foot and elbow cream at £2 is a bargain and smells of butterscotch. :tongue:
  • hollystar
    hollystar Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My dd loves Aldi hairspray,she says it holds her hair well but doesn't feel like concrete! Smells nice too & only about 79p
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    A question about skin so soft, I'm just about to order for the first time, for my horses as an insect repellent...I think its the oil I want? nd I'm guessing the sensual scent is less useful as an insect repellent? Does it only come in 150 mls or is there a larger bottle I can't see? I'm guessing I nee a fair few bottles if not.

Its on offer on the website ATM...might be worth it...?
  • goanmad
    goanmad Posts: 1,644 Forumite
    Johnsons Baby oil is great too of course.

This has to be my all-time favourite budget buy. I pick it up at the pound shop and it's ideal as eye make-up remover, a massage oil, aftersun and for adding to the bath with a few drops of essential oil.

I also love Poundland's Pure range, identical to Boots Botantics in every way bar the price.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure