Great 'Fave Sub-£5 Beauty Products' Hunt?

Options

Comments

• Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lizimuffin wrote: »
    Nivea Soft......I suffer from mega dry skin on my face, my legs and arms. E45 doesn't work on my legs and arms, I find it gets rid of my dry skin on my face, but leaves it looking really shiny, whereas the Nivea gets rid of it and doesn't leave my face shiny. It also leaves my arms and legs lovely and soft, all that for for £3.99! Fantastic!

I love this too :T

another Nivea thumbs up is their Q10 age defying handcream, for dry hands

It's lovely and light ,non sticky & absorbs well yet moisturises much better than anything else I have used. I used to have sore cracked knuckes etc :( but this has sorted it out!

I bought a trial 30ml size in Asda for like £1 odd,and i've had it ages now,as only need a small amount for good results
    and ideal size to keep in your handbag etc

x
  • tartantotty
    tartantotty Posts: 478 Forumite
    Options
    I ma looking for some advice please! I usually use Vie At Home One Step Base, in ivory, but have run out and cant afford to replace it at the mo. Can anyone recommend something cheaper that I could use? thank you!
  • Citygirl1
    Citygirl1 Posts: 932 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    lizimuffin wrote: »
    Nivea Soft......I suffer from mega dry skin on my face, my legs and arms. E45 doesn't work on my legs and arms, I find it gets rid of my dry skin on my face, but leaves it looking really shiny, whereas the Nivea gets rid of it and doesn't leave my face shiny. It also leaves my arms and legs lovely and soft, all that for for £3.99! Fantastic!

Hi, just out of interest regarding the Nivea Soft. I use E45 as I have eczema and sensitive skin but I do find the E45 too heavy for my face so end up buying a separate facial moisturiser. I think the Nivea soft is scented, if so, do you find it irritating to your skin? I was wondering whether or not to try it.
  • terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    Options
    Citygirl1 wrote: »
    Hi, just out of interest regarding the Nivea Soft. I use E45 as I have eczema and sensitive skin but I do find the E45 too heavy for my face so end up buying a separate facial moisturiser. I think the Nivea soft is scented, if so, do you find it irritating to your skin? I was wondering whether or not to try it.

For dry and sensitive skin I would recommend Garnier Soft cream:
    Cheapest at Asda (although could not find it on their website, they may be out of stock).
    http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Make_Up_And_Facial_Care/Garnier_Skin_Naturals_Soft_24hr_Nourishing_Day_Cream_50ml.html
    It's scented (rose) but it's very gentle.

and here:
    http://www.lifeandlooks.com/product.cfm/product/11465/garnier_soft_essentials_replenishing_day_care_cream_-_50ml.html

Obviously some people may still be allergic to its ingredients.
  • Ruthie5
    Ruthie5 Posts: 203 Forumite
    Options
    I ma looking for some advice please! I usually use Vie At Home One Step Base, in ivory, but have run out and cant afford to replace it at the mo. Can anyone recommend something cheaper that I could use? thank you!

Have you tried looking on ebay? I often get stuff on there. If I've tried a product before and liked it, I'm happy to buy it from ebay.
  • tartantotty
    tartantotty Posts: 478 Forumite
    Options
    Ruthie5 wrote: »
    Have you tried looking on ebay? I often get stuff on there. If I've tried a product before and liked it, I'm happy to buy it from ebay.
    I never even thought of that, and I do quite a lot of ebaying both buying and selling - duh! Thanks :-)
  • terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    Options
    I never even thought of that, and I do quite a lot of ebaying both buying and selling - duh! Thanks :-)

Be careful though, they sell a lot of fake cosmetics on eBay.
  • avisk
    avisk Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    I always take Nivea Soft on holiday - it is a real multitasker. I use it as a moisturiser, night cream and body lotion, and a small tube lasts me two weeks.
  • avisk
    avisk Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Be careful though, they sell a lot of fake cosmetics on eBay.

If you check the seller's feedback carefully, and only buy from UK sellers, you should be OK. I buy nearly all my cosmetics from eBay and have never had any problems.

You can usually find sample sizes - the type that come as "gift with purchase" packs - which is very useful if you want to try something out but don't want to invest in a big size and then find out you don't like it.
  • Redleela
    Redleela Posts: 228 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Citygirl1 wrote: »

Hi Citygirl1.

I have eczema and sensitive skin but find I am OK with Nivea, Nivea soft, Nivea deoderant & shower cream. I did find that some of the face / eye creams made me react around my eyes so these are probably best avoided.

I hope that helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport