Great 'Fave Sub-£5 Beauty Products' Hunt?

Options

Comments

• Gillyx
    Gillyx Posts: 6,847 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I swear by Johnsons Baby Soothing Naturals Lotion for dry skin, I had skin so dry on my knees/elbows that it would bleed (lovely I know) had went to the doctors, even tried olive oil to no avail, tried this and it was amazing :) used it morning and night for a few weeks and had a great improvement, I use it few times a week now and my skin is alot better, think it's about £2 from supermarkets. It's the one in the green bottle.
    The frontier is never somewhere else. And no stockades can keep the midnight out.
  • sundance218
    Options
    thevicster wrote: »
    I have just discovered Asda's Young Skin Matt Finish Moisturiser (£1.03). It's great! It really works well at mattifying my skin and seems to last all day!

I completely agree with you. I have been using this since the summer and it is fab! Beforehand I was using a Garnier one but bought this one day I was there as though it can't hurt based on the price and was converted! xxx
  • Sublime_2
    Sublime_2 Posts: 15,741 Forumite
    Options
    marrowgirl wrote: »
    bumpety bump.

My latest finds:

ELF mineral eyeshadow primer.£3. Makes even my cheapie eyeshadow look true to colour and last longer.

Where do you get ths from? I don't use foundation, let alone an eyeshadow primer. It would be nice to have it last.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Can I just give a big thumbs up to Aldi's Lacura range? I noticed the men's range was mentioned earlier but the women's range is good too.
    Particularly the serum, lovely, lovely stuff. All of Aldi's ranges are unbelievable value - not just the cosmetics and toiletries. As my daughter works for Aldi, I often have them as Mother's Day, birthday and Christmas gifts.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • pinkmami
    pinkmami Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    Options
    I'm another fan of the Aldi Q10 face creams (day & night). Also love their serum & eye creams. I've used ROC eye cream before & reacted badly to the retinol in it. Was wary of trying an eye cream again but this was great.

Oddly I also had a bad reactio to the Lacura body lotion (smells of oranges) & my eczema flared awfully.

I got a bargain yesterday in Boots on Norwegian Formula Body Lotion. RRP for a 250ml bottle was £5.10 & they sold for £2.55. But you could bet 2 for £3.82 (thereabouts) so I brought home 4 bottles! Manageress told me the smaller bottles are being discontinued.

I'm also a fan of Avon. Bubblebaths & the glimmerstick eyeliner - often of offer for about £3-4.
  • Griizelda
    Griizelda Posts: 391 Forumite
    Options
    Sublime wrote: »
    Where do you get ths from? I don't use foundation, let alone an eyeshadow primer. It would be nice to have it last.

This is ELF's website:

http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/

Their face primer is really lovely too (not tried the eyeshadow primer)
  • Sublime_2
    Sublime_2 Posts: 15,741 Forumite
    Options
    Griizelda wrote: »
    This is ELF's website:

http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/

Their face primer is really lovely too (not tried the eyeshadow primer)

Can you use without foundation? I hate the stuff, never has lookd nice on me. :)
  • Griizelda
    Options
    Sublime wrote: »
    Can you use without foundation? I hate the stuff, never has lookd nice on me. :)

Yes, you can use this without foundation. It makes my skin feel really soft and smooth (and makes my laughter lines less visible which has to be good!). It also makes foundation look better, probably because it has a better "surface" to work with, if that makes sense!
  • terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    Options
    If anyone is interested in body butters (made with cocoa butter, shea butter etc) and other natural products for less than a fiver, this website has travel sizes for £3.75.

Not very cheap, but great if you only use small quantities, and the quality is fantastic.
    http://www.handmadenaturals.co.uk/shop/shop.php?c1=TESTER%20POTS
  • thezib
    thezib Posts: 383 Forumite
    Options
    does any one know a cheaper alternative to the bodyshop's seaweed day moisturiser?
    T h e F u t u r e I s N o w !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport