Great 'Fave Sub-£5 Beauty Products' Hunt?

Options

Comments

• terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    Options
    there was a small shop near me in Kent that had some great products, much better than BS, but they are now shut.:cool:
  • violetta
    violetta Posts: 2,624 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    thevicster wrote: »
    I have just discovered Asda's Young Skin Matt Finish Moisturiser (£1.03). It's great! It really works well at mattifying my skin and seems to last all day!

Bought this today in ASDA to try it - it is down to 97p at the moment so even more of a bargain
    A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion
  • Mischa8
    Mischa8 Posts: 659 Forumite
    Options
    In case anyone's looking for a replacement for Nivea Rose Pearl and Shine (they apparently reformulated this last year) - Next have a small pot like Vaseline but which is pink lipbalm but with a sheen/shimmer.

My mum uses this and prefers it to the Nivea reformulated one.

Can't think of price now but will find out and repost.
  • katyboo123
    Options
    So as it is just 87 more sleeps until Christmas, I thought it would be quite cool to get this thread going as at this time of year saving money seems to be more important than others!

Some amazing stuff I've found lately:
    - Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara, usually very expensive, but a substantial trial size for just £4 from latest in beauty. Would easily last 3 months with daily use and it is amazing! Honestly, I have stumpy eyelashes and this makes me look like I am constantly wearing flash lashes (and I am NOT styled with extensions and digitally enhanced post production!!!!!!! HA) http://www.latestinbeauty.com/blog/mirenesse-secret-weapon-mascara/
    - Sleek Nail Polishes - £3.89 and the colour range is fab. But that's not the best part. The staying power is easily 5 days and the drying time is about 20 seconds (to touch dry). I am seriously low maintenance so I love anything that works quicker / makes my life easier. Plus the polish is foolproof, takes a lot to make a mistake. I am a BIG fan if you didn't guess! http://www.sleekmakeup.com/en/products/nailed-geisha-s-seal-146.aspx
    - Perfume Parlour. You can get 'copy' cat perfume oils for £2.25 (3ml rollerball bottle, lasts about 6 months with daily use as it's a concentrated oil). They are really good too, particularly DKNY Woman. What I do is get the medium size rollerball for about £4.50 and then use it in conjunction with my 'real' perfume; it means I use one spritz of the real stuff instead of 3 or 4 and therefore it lasts three times longer! And, if I feel like a change I just buy a new mini size, for £2.25 you don't mind having a few (or ten!) different fragrances! http://www.perfume-parlour.co.uk/

HTH someone! Keep this thread going X
  • shandyclover
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]Creightons Age Defy Daily Protection Hand Cream [/FONT][FONT=&quot](with co enzyme Q 10, Vitamin E and UV absorbers)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I was visiting my mum in UK, fighting a cold and was alcohol gelling my hands every 5 mins - hands got very dry. I grabbed this in a hurry from Home Bargains, I think it was 79p for 100ml(!) I wasn't expecting much but have been really pleasantly suprised! Smells nice, and strikes the right balance of being lovely and moisturising without being sticky or greasy. Absorbs right away. Will definitely try and pick up some more next trip over the ocean as I haven't seen it here anywhere. I notice 14 yo DD seems to like it too - always asking 'mum, can I borrow your hand cream?'[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Cien spf 15 rich moisturising cream [/FONT][FONT=&quot]with olive oil[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Grabbed this in Lidl to try instead of my usual Aldi day cream. I really like it, especially that it has spf 15 in it as work sometimes means I can be outdoors in wind and sun all day. Nice subtle fresh scent, quite thick with a luxurious feel to it, just a tad too rich for my combination skin. I think this would be perfect for someone with dry skin - so will probably pass it on to my mum or save it for winter when my skin gets dryer. Cost E2.99 in Lidl in RO Ireland.[/FONT]
    No buying unnecessary toiletries 2014. Epiphany on 4/4/14 - went into shop to buy 2 items, walked out with 17!

• Griizelda
    Options
    I can recommend this range - have been using the Day Cream with SP15 for a while now and it's lovely. It's quite thick, so best suited to a dry skin. It doesn't irritate my skin at all (Superdrug Optimum range does) and it's quite often on sale at half price or bogof (plus it's only £5.00 or less to start with). I've also got the eye cream,which again, is nice.

Here's the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.superdrug.com/face/natural-high-day-cream-spf15-75ml/invt/379816/

And everything's on offer!
  • Prawny
    Prawny Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    Olive oil! You can use it to cleanse your face (although I only do this now and again now when I feel like a 'deep cleanse'. It can be used as a pre-shampoo hair treatment, leaves hair soft and shiny. I've mixed olive oil with a bit of brown sugar before and it was the best body scrub ever.
  • Griizelda wrote: »
    I can recommend this range - have been using the Day Cream with SP15 for a while now and it's lovely. It's quite thick, so best suited to a dry skin. It doesn't irritate my skin at all (Superdrug Optimum range does) and it's quite often on sale at half price or bogof (plus it's only £5.00 or less to start with). I've also got the eye cream,which again, is nice.

Here's the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.superdrug.com/face/natural-high-day-cream-spf15-75ml/invt/379816/

And everything's on offer!

I tried the day cream as a night cream (got combination skin) last time it was on offer and it was aces :)
  • adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Options
    i rarely have success with really cheap products, i find they clog my pores or have so little an effect they're a waste of 99p :( but i do love sudocream for blocked pores/acne, shaving rash, basically any sort of skin complaint away from the face. i used to get blocked pores under back pack straps after hikes that would last ages but sudocream stops that completey and i have the most errr lovely back skin now :D it's also great for bug bites and preventing ingrown hairs
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • janec
    janec Posts: 328 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    thanks katyboo123
    i ordered from the perfume parlour .my order arrived quickly and i got 5 small bottles for £10 and they smell pretty good.one was a copy of venetzia which hasn't been available for years so i'm a happy bunny!
    :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport