Great 'Fave Sub-£5 Beauty Products' Hunt?

Options

Comments

• Ellie2758
    Ellie2758 Posts: 2,848 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Factory Shop outlet - if you have one near you. I found bargainous beauty products yesterday in the Tenterden branch. Olay, L'Oreal, Dove, Garnier - all for £5 and under. Moisturisers, serums, facial wash etc
    Ellie :cool:

"man is born free but everywhere he is in chains"
    J-J Rousseau
  • Redleela
    Redleela Posts: 228 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I persuaded my husband to try the Lacura shaving gel from Aldi. I can't remember the price but it was cheaper than most you'd find in the supermarket & of course well under £5, he said it was the best shaving gel he's ever used (and he's tried a lot of different brands in fact he did have a big stash of shaving gels/foams/oils...). I might try it myself for my legs!
  • katyboo123
    katyboo123 Posts: 232 Forumite
    Options
    Redleela wrote: »
    I persuaded my husband to try the Lacura shaving gel from Aldi. I can't remember the price but it was cheaper than most you'd find in the supermarket & of course well under £5, he said it was the best shaving gel he's ever used (and he's tried a lot of different brands in fact he did have a big stash of shaving gels/foams/oils...). I might try it myself for my legs!

I was having a beauty treatment a few days ago and the beautician said both her and her boyfriend use the Lacura Anti-Wrinkle stuff - it's meant to be amazing :o)

xx
  • katyboo123
    katyboo123 Posts: 232 Forumite
    Options
    avisk wrote: »
    I always take Nivea Soft on holiday - it is a real multitasker. I use it as a moisturiser, night cream and body lotion, and a small tube lasts me two weeks.

Recently Jennifer Aniston was asked what her secret to looking young was, and she said she'd used this product since 9th grade! So, there you go, I'll have a bucket full if it will make me look like the perfect Jen ;)
  • shandyclover
    Options
    This one is a bit of a shock, even for a cheapskate like me!

I was in Primark picking up some odds and ends for DD birthday. While queing I noticed the makeup section - the majority of which was on sale. I'd seen a few reviews on youtube and knew Primark makeup is not bad for the price, though obviously not great! The mousse foundation was reduced to 50p, only the dark shade left, which I thought would be far too dark for me. I tossed it into my basket thinking I could perhaps use it as a creamy eyeshadow or primer, I like experimenting and using makeup like that. Got it home and tried it on. Suprisingly it matched my skin perfectly and covered some red veins round my nose. Lovely airey texture - I am really, really suprised.

I hasten to add here though it works for me might not work for everyone. I own about 6 foundations - from Clairins to Body Shop! All the result of shopping trips with friends 'trying to sort me out with a proper foundation'. I rarely touch them as I just don't like the feeling of them on my skin. This Primark stuff though is amazingly light and I can just apply it where I feel I need it. Not bad for 50p!
    No buying unnecessary toiletries 2014. Epiphany on 4/4/14 - went into shop to buy 2 items, walked out with 17!

• katyboo123
    Options
    This one is a bit of a shock, even for a cheapskate like me!

I was in Primark picking up some odds and ends for DD birthday. While queing I noticed the makeup section - the majority of which was on sale. I'd seen a few reviews on youtube and knew Primark makeup is not bad for the price, though obviously not great! The mousse foundation was reduced to 50p, only the dark shade left, which I thought would be far too dark for me. I tossed it into my basket thinking I could perhaps use it as a creamy eyeshadow or primer, I like experimenting and using makeup like that. Got it home and tried it on. Suprisingly it matched my skin perfectly and covered some red veins round my nose. Lovely airey texture - I am really, really suprised.

I hasten to add here though it works for me might not work for everyone. I own about 6 foundations - from Clairins to Body Shop! All the result of shopping trips with friends 'trying to sort me out with a proper foundation'. I rarely touch them as I just don't like the feeling of them on my skin. This Primark stuff though is amazingly light and I can just apply it where I feel I need it. Not bad for 50p!

Ha, love it, I got the mineral eye shadow dust in white for 10p from there a while ago (got about 10 and gave them out to my friends / sister, etc).

It goes on really well and the applicator is like the smudger end of an eye liner, so you can be very accurate when applying it without much effort - unlike other mineral make ups where you have to exercise more caution and skill!

Plus it works as a really beautiful highlighter for under the brow bone to add definition! Yay for Primark xx
  • djdymond
    djdymond Posts: 377 Forumite
    Options
    just wanted to say i was in primark the other week and picked up one of their 2 in 1 cleanser and toners as it was 1.50 reduced to 50p and after reading the most recent threads on here i thought id give it a go.. its brilliant!!! i used it to take my eye make up off and it doesnt sting at all... i have rather sensitive eyes and find alot of things just make them sting, including body shop camomile make up remover, soap and glory eye cream and loreal do some sort of cream cleanser my mum bought me which i will have to throw out.

so if any of you see it in primark i say give it a go, next time in there i shall buy a few, even if they are back to the full price of 1.50!!!
  • Happylittlecomper
    Options
    Body shop lip balm - £2 comes in various colours/scents. I absolutely adore this because it really helps with my dry lips and I've had lots of compliments due to the lovely smell.I'm currently using the raspberry one. :)
  • thevicster
    thevicster Posts: 1,334 Forumite
    Options
    I have just discovered Asda's Young Skin Matt Finish Moisturiser (£1.03). It's great! It really works well at mattifying my skin and seems to last all day!
    I want a perfect body, I want a perfect soul, I want you to notice when I'm not around[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
  • marrowgirl
    Options
    bumpety bump.

My latest finds:

ELF mineral eyeshadow primer.£3. Makes even my cheapie eyeshadow look true to colour and last longer.

Rimmel Stay Glossy - £6 in Boots but about £2 in Wilkinsons. Nice natural colours, quite moisturising and not sticky.
    "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure