e2save problem (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• madkitty
    madkitty Posts: 447 Forumite
    Options
    funnily enough I had an email from them today that confirms i should be sending the dec bill LOL anything to help stuff them up further
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    If it's a price-match deal then the dates they receive it and the age of the bill are what counts. In turn, they depend on the date you ordered or got the phone (seen variations in their interpretation of those too!) and your bill date. In your case I would think you'd have to get the December bill to them after 6th January and before it's 28 days old. If the statement date is early in the month that would be rather difficult to do using the December bill. Howevwer, each contract is unique with these things so you really need to study the legal t&c AND understand the way they are working to (ideally) cover both lots!
  • --Tony--
    --Tony-- Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm with OSPS, this time around they wanted original bill and it also had to show I had been connected for 4 months (only the 5th bill really showed that).
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    Not actually the case. "This time round" has BEEN around since June 2007. That particular clause (connected for) is ignored by them.
  • its_bidder
    Options
    Hi, the pack I received from OSPS 6 months ago saying that I only need to send them copy of the bill for cashback. I worked with the first one but now I am claiming the second one and they sent me a letter saying that they needed the original bill. I have tried to contact them through a couple of number 0871 423 0404 , 0845 4567878, 01270 504400 but they all automactially reply that 'the office is closed'. Do anybody how to contact them to explain ny situation? Thanks very much.
  • abbas5001
    Options
    I suspect they will say the bill was received 29 days after it's date and some of their rubbish staes 28. You fell foul of the legal t&c (which they don't use) but did at least get it there within the dates they actually use. I think you're main sticking point will be the 28 days they allow against the the 30 in the detailed t&c at the time.

I would add that actually Onestopphoneshop ALWAYS operated this way (t&c I mean) and the new ones were ignored since they don't! Understanding the history and the changes makes it possible to see what's going on with them. However, the basic core is that they are now deliberately misleading people, ignoring people and trying mould whatever they decide to do at any given time around the legal t&c - which is a complete nonsense!

Well i've typed up the letter, going to send it recorded tomorrow. The only T+C's i have are the ones i got at the time of purchase of which i have 2 sets (they vary slightly, however the cashback procedure is the same in both). The T+C's on their homepge do not refer to cashback at all.

I have been a little bit cheeky in the letter stating, i have followed the procedures and consumers shouldn't have to work out the way OneStop will do these claims and it should be transparent and a few other things - is this a good or bad idea lol?

Thanks for your advice mobilejunkie its been a big help.
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    The packs say a lot of things; it's the actual t&c at the time which you signed up to that matter. Wouldn't hold your breath trying to get through to them - or expect too much help if you ever do. I'm afraid you really must know what you're doing with cashback deals and not be mislead by the contradictory information they give out. It almost certainly told you in emails and other information that the t&c for Price-match deals vary from the normal etc. Apparently cpw O2 network bill copies ARE now accepted (according to the E2Save website) but NOT other networks. If you're on cpw O2 find it, print it, quote it and if they refuse LBA then sue. All the information for that is on many threads.
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    The long version is the one you need. I think I'd simply say the first part (you have followed the t&c) and that whatever rules they are applying are contrary to those and therefore irrelevant (or something to that effect). I assume it's a LBA with a timescale for them to pay and reinstate your claim or else you will have no alternative but to commence legal procedings? If not you will need to send one of those if this one doesn't produce the desired result. Funny how much "goodwill" they can discover when forced kicking and screaming to honour their own t&c!
  • wolfman
    wolfman Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    Options
    From my experience the LBA had no effect. They simply sent one of their badly written letters that made no sense. Saying things like my claim was invalid, and there are other (?!?) procedures in place despite me having followed the t's and c's.

Issue the LBA with a 10 working day response period.

After that go on the small claims website and sue them. It only takes 5mins to set it up. They'll respond usually via phone call. However, in my case they're still refusing that they are at fault, and are offering the cashback as a gesture of "goodwill".

Be careful though. I rejected my offer, purely because it was unclear. They wanted to change my terms to the newer ones. I clearly told them that I'm happy with the terms I currently have, my claim is purely for the money I'm owed. They've not responded and are now a week over the response period allowed, so I guess I could be going to court any day now.
    "Boonowa tweepi, ha, ha."
  • SenorGroucho
    Options
    I'm having a very strange experience with E2Save:
    I'm on my 2nd cashback deal with them and I thought I had it sorted...a pricematch deal, £30 a month, send original bill on days 120/180/240/360 and receive £72 each time.
    About 3 months after taking the deal out of the blue I received a cheque from E2Save for £111. I didn't cash it but thought I would hang onto it in case my first claim failed.
    Sent in my first claim for £72 and received a cheque for £49.80.
    Strange but I figured £111 plus £49.80 x 5 came to £360 so I cashed both cheques.
    Sent in my next claim 2 months later but it didn't go through so I called E2Save up and they said I wasn't on a Pricematch deal at all (despite what it says on my online account) and I should be claiming on months 6,8,10 & 12 for £360 - £111 divided by 4 =£62.25 a time. As I'd received a payment of £49.80 at month 4 they would send me a cheque for £12.45 to make it up to £62.25. This cheque duly arrive yesterday (but from CPWH not E2Save).
    Apparently I should now make a claim in January for £62.25 within 30 days of receiving my January bill (also arrived yesterday dated 3 January).
    But should I send it in now or wait until the 22 January (240 days after my connection date) in case they suddenly decide I'm on a pricematch deal afterall??
    Join the Sarcasm Appreciation Society.

(Yeah...Like we need your support!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills