🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

AQE Exam Results

Options

Comments

• Ex-Spendaholic
    Ex-Spendaholic Posts: 1,766 Forumite
    Options
    Oh god if I see a letter that looks like its from DENI or the BELB I honestly think it will be the end of me. :eek:

I made my arrangements with Royal Mail today. The guy told me that if he'd known such mayhem was going to be expected on Saturday that he would have booked annual leave. :rotfl:The sight of me having just got out of bed and pulled my clothes on to be there at 7.30 am is too much for anyone to bear. :eek: I remember results day (now I should point out that I don't normally leave the house without having showered and washed/dried/straightened my hair), I was up there at 7.30 am with all the other mad mummies. I came home and had a shower but the amount of phone calls and texts that took place that morning meant that I didn't actually manage to get my clothes on until 2pm. This Saturday I hope to open the letter, send a few texts and then come on here to tell you he is going to Grosvenor and to read that all your kids are going where they want to be.
  • Belfast_Mum_2
    Options
    Me and 'Stressed Mum' will be at Prince Regent Road - holding each other up:rotfl::rotfl:
  • Bonno_2
    Bonno_2 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    Me and 'Stressed Mum' will be at Prince Regent Road - holding each other up:rotfl::rotfl:

This is where I would have to go to collect mail but do you have to pay for "this interception" and do you have to call in person to arrange or is there a phone no I could ring?? Basically, I don't know how to go about this! Usually I'm so calm....but like you all I can't wait a minute longer than I have to!!
  • Ex-Spendaholic
    Options
    For the interceptors of mail at Prince Regent Road: Between now and Saturday call in at the sorting office. They are open to 3.30 pm each day and 8.00 pm on Wednesday.

All you need to do is write a note - hand written scrap will do the job with your name and address on it. On the note state that you want to collect your mail from the office on Saturday 29 May. On results day it was available from 7.30 am. There is no charge for the service.

If you do happen to see your postman in the street between now and then you could always mention it to him as well (just to be on the safe side).

See you all on Saturday morning - bring a bottle. :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Ex-Spendaholic
    Options
    As I'm a really nosey person, I was wondering if the East Belfast people (seems to be quite a few on here now) were interested in sharing their school choices and marks. Don't know why I want to know, I just do so I can feel everyone else's pain as well as my own. :eek:

Mine is child with 104

1. Grosvenor
    2. Methody
    3. Wellington
    4. Inst
    5. Campbell
  • Bonno_2
    Bonno_2 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Ex-Spendaholic for that info,.. I am now trying to persuade my daughter to come with me on Sat morning but she is mortified at having to get up and out for 7.30am!! She is giving me that look and is questionning why I make everything so complicated!!! My hubby thinks I've lost it and will be away first thing anyway (really interested!) so I'd also have to bring my younger child which will no doubt be a fighting match to get him out of bed! So now gonna make a call to the grandparents....... What an ordeal!!!!!!!!!!!!! A bottle - yeah you mean a case!!
  • Ex-Spendaholic
    Options
    I met the mum of one of my son's friends today. She asked me "do you know when we are due to get the school notification letters?". :eek: I nearly fainted with the shock that someone wouldn't know. Although her child did get 118 so they probably don't live and breathe it daily in the way we all do.
  • kingston_2730
    kingston_2730 Posts: 413 Forumite
    Options
    Wow, can't believe how many posts there have been since last night!! I was on my own on here all weekend. Where the heck were you all????? I really hope the rumours are right about the Education Board ringing if you don't get any of your choices. I didn't name any secondary schools so if I'm not contacted that means my son has got into grammar school.Somewhat comforting although I have to admit I will be very unhappy if son ends up at 4th choice grammar.
    Exspendaholic, I'm not from east belfast but I would be interested in seeing others info too, therefore mine is as follows:

Score of 102

1.Belfast High School
    2.Belfast Royal Academy
    3.Carrickfergus Grammar School
    4.Larne Grammar School
  • Ex-Spendaholic
    edited 24 May 2010 at 8:40PM
    Options
    Fine set of schools there Kingston. :beer: I'll be really annoyed if mine ends up in Inst. Nothing actually wrong with the place but just not what we want. Same with Wellington, nothing wrong with it either just Grosvenor and Methody are in a class of their own. I should have put Sullivan down but figured if he hadn't enough for Grosvenor or Methody then he wouldn't have got Sullivan either.
  • kingston_2730
    kingston_2730 Posts: 413 Forumite
    Options
    Bonno wrote: »
    This is where I would have to go to collect mail but do you have to pay for "this interception" and do you have to call in person to arrange or is there a phone no I could ring?? Basically, I don't know how to go about this! Usually I'm so calm....but like you all I can't wait a minute longer than I have to!!

'The interception' sounds like some sort of top secret, covert action :rotfl:I just don't trust our local sorting office and our postman comes by around half 8 or 9. We live rurally and the day of the results in Feb we got up at 8 and starting driving up and down our main road. Finally I spied the postie about a quarter mile up someones private lane. I pulled in the jeep while the rest of the family sat waiting. I raced up that lane dressed in trackies and wellie boots until I met the postman coming down in his van. I ran up to his car window completely out of breath and I remember looking at him and he looked genuinely scared :rotfl:At the time I didn't care but looking back now I have to admit to being a tad embarrassed. I am going to try to restrain myself on sat ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport