AQE Exam Results

Options

Comments

• neveranymoney
    neveranymoney Posts: 663 Forumite
    Options
    Ex-Spendaholic, thank the Lord that someone else is as obsessed as I am, my husband has started tuning me out when ever I start and this is his first born we are talking about here, damn it! I'm definitely pessimistic by nature but I was beginning to think well, she might just scrape in what with all the rumours etc, but I have to be honest, there are just too many with a higher score than my daughters and there is not a thing I can do about it. Someone earlier posted that you recieve a letter from the school they have been accepted by, (apologies for being too lazy to scroll up and find out who it was) and that the envelope was franked with the schools name?? I truly hope this is the case as my daughter is having a sleepover that friday night and I am under strict instructions NOT to open the blasted letter until I go and get her, at least if the above were true I could compose myself/face as necessary and also there is no way I could wait a minute longer than I already have to! Oh flip, next friday is going to be just like the friday before the actual exam results - a mixture of scrubbing things that i have never washed before in my life and comfort eating, oh dear.
    Total debt £20,000 Northern Rock loan:eek:
    Debt free date April 2016!!!!:eek:
  • newtownabbey_mum
    Options
    Hi, Ive just walked past the principle of BRA in belfast City centre there. I so wanted to ask him if my daughter got a place!! LOL
  • newtownabbey_mum
    Options
    Ex-Spendaholic, thank the Lord that someone else is as obsessed as I am, my husband has started tuning me out when ever I start and this is his first born we are talking about here, damn it! I'm definitely pessimistic by nature but I was beginning to think well, she might just scrape in what with all the rumours etc, but I have to be honest, there are just too many with a higher score than my daughters and there is not a thing I can do about it. Someone earlier posted that you recieve a letter from the school they have been accepted by, (apologies for being too lazy to scroll up and find out who it was) and that the envelope was franked with the schools name?? I truly hope this is the case as my daughter is having a sleepover that friday night and I am under strict instructions NOT to open the blasted letter until I go and get her, at least if the above were true I could compose myself/face as necessary and also there is no way I could wait a minute longer than I already have to! Oh flip, next friday is going to be just like the friday before the actual exam results - a mixture of scrubbing things that i have never washed before in my life and comfort eating, oh dear.

Hi, Do the results come from the school or the Department of Education??
  • JosieJoBelfast
    Options
    I think the results come from your local ELB and from the receiving school.

I have twice seen Mr Naismith, Principal of Methody once at a function in QUB and then at a Breakfast event and have had to stop myself from enquiring about quintiles, scores being accepted etc etc.........
  • neveranymoney
    neveranymoney Posts: 663 Forumite
    Options
    I'd my other childs P.1 induction this week and while the headmaster was talking about 'foundation years' and 'revised curriculums' I was dying to say, 'yes, thats very interesting, but do you know anything else about this transfer debacle?'
    Total debt £20,000 Northern Rock loan:eek:
    Debt free date April 2016!!!!:eek:
  • Ex-Spendaholic
    Ex-Spendaholic Posts: 1,766 Forumite
    Options
    Neveranymoney, try vodka instead. :rotfl:

Josiejo, I don't know how restrained yourself. :rotfl:

To be honest I don't know that many kids with higher scores than my son's and I also know a lot of them have put down Wellington, Inst etc rather than Grosvenor.

I think this next week is going to be worse than the last 3 months. :eek: I might pose as a postwoman and go to collect Grosvenor's outgoing mail next Friday. :rotfl:
  • kingston_2730
    kingston_2730 Posts: 413 Forumite
    Options
    You lot are a laugh. I was reading my emails at work today from my iphone and was having a good old chuckle at the posts :T. I have booked patients in back to back next week so I won't have time to think/worry about next sat. Neveranymoney, our kids will probably end up going to the same school (wherever that may be) as there's only one mark between them and we have chosen same top three schools in same order!! I will have to tell my son to go around in Sept asking if anyone has a mother who 'never has any money' :rotfl:Seriously though, I am quite optimistic about BHS. When you look at last three years' results they have accepted all their B1s and a few B2s, except for last year where they accepted all but two of their B1s. According to AQE advice 101 and 102 are B1s so if the trend of the previous three years continues then both our kids should have a place. Tell me why you're pessimistic about this, I want to understand. Is it that you don't think the scores of 101/102 are really equivalent to old B1?
  • kingston_2730
    Options
    Hi, Ive just walked past the principle of BRA in belfast City centre there. I so wanted to ask him if my daughter got a place!! LOL

:rotfl:I think I would have!!
  • kingston_2730
    Options
    [QUOTE=Ex-Spendaholic;33041773

I think this next week is going to be worse than the last 3 months. :eek: I might pose as a postwoman and go to collect Grosvenor's outgoing mail next Friday. :rotfl:[/QUOTE]

You're hilarious!! :rotfl:
  • Ex-Spendaholic
    Ex-Spendaholic Posts: 1,766 Forumite
    Options
    Kingston, I am now deeply concerned that someone out there is allowing you to treat patients (especially in the run up to that all important letter) . :eek::rotfl: What is it you do? Tell me to sod off if you want - I'm just curious/worried. :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure