D - 1%.

Belfast High School:
    A - 83%
    B1 - 15%
    B2 - -
    C1 - -
    C2 - -
    D - -
    ( no explanation for the missing 2% on admissions for Belfast High)
  • kingston_2730
    kingston_2730 Posts: 413 Forumite
    Options
    Bonno wrote: »
    Admissions % for Sept 2009

Belfast Royal Academy:
    A - 61%,
    B1 - 14%,
    B2 - 18%,
    C1 - 5%,
    C2 - 1%,
    D - 1%.

Belfast High School:
    A - 83%
    B1 - 15%
    B2 - -
    C1 - -
    C2 - -
    D - -
    ( no explanation for the missing 2% on admissions for Belfast High)

Not liking stats on Belfast High too much as it is our first choice and with score of 102 and no sibling at school, could be borderline!
  • Lisburn_Mum_2
    Options
    Well if we are speculating on rumours - I happened to hear 3 different ones over the weekend.

Rumour 3 - at a kid's party attended by a member of the Board of Governors from MCB - they haven't taken any new students since the third round and were over subscribed - they had 282 applications for the 240 places.

If your rumour 3 is to be believed that means they only rejected 15% of applications which if representative across the country I believe sounds good, bearing in mind there would have been quite a few people who would have applied who would not get in, in any year, i.e. D grades, which were into the last 20% of the quntiles (if that makes sense)
  • Bonno_2
    Bonno_2 Posts: 61 Forumite
    edited 19 May 2010 at 8:02PM
    Options
    Not liking stats on Belfast High too much as it is our first choice and with score of 102 and no sibling at school, could be borderline!

kingston, I wouldnt worry too much as:

1) this was last years intake, to get a better picture we should look back
    on at least 3 years intake.

2) Those %s are only as good as those who applied.

3) 1998/1999 was a low birth rate.

4) 102 is a very credible score, I know a few children with scores similar and lower hoping to get to Grosvenor and Grosvenors %s are:
    A - 88%
    B1 - 10%
    B2 - 1%
    C1 - -
    C2 - -
    D - -
    (Hmm.. missing 1%!)

You know what - whatever is to be........... ;)
  • rolo1_2
    rolo1_2 Posts: 509 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Bonno

Do you have the previous Stats for Carrickfergus Grammar?
  • kingston_2730
    kingston_2730 Posts: 413 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Bonno!!! You are right whatever is to be will be. I feel confident that if we don't get our 1st choice, we will get 2nd or 3rd so I can't complain and I know not everyone is in that boat so I do feel very lucky. I would also be interested in stats on Carrickfergus grammar as that is our 3rd choice. Thanks again Bonno!
  • Bonno_2
    Bonno_2 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    % intake Sept '09

Carrickfergus Grammar:
    A - 65%
    B1 - 11%
    B2 - 16%
    C1 - 5%
    C2 - 3%
    D - -

Larne Grammar:
    A - 50%
    B1 - 9%
    B2 - 10%
    C1 - 17%
    C2 - 7%
    D - 1%

Ballyclare High:
    A - 79%
    B1 - 13%
    B2 - 5%
    C1 - -
    C2 - 1%
    D - 1%

% shortfall is due to admissions under special provisions and are not included in the % grading.

Hey folks have to go, while logged on here, my kids have trashed the living room!! :eek:
  • neveranymoney
    Options
    Past myself now!!! Our childs score was 101 and our choices were Belfast High, BRA and Carrickfergus grammar. Belfast High is our 'local' school and i think my daughter thinks shes going to skip on in with her friends, oh what a carry on! I think I will leave collecting the letter and just let the postie bring it.
    Total debt £20,000 Northern Rock loan:eek:
    Debt free date April 2016!!!!:eek:
  • newtownabbey_mum
    Options
    I am definately picking mine up first thing Saturday morning, just wrote the letter to sorting office today. Results were really late arriving so couldn't handle peering out the window every 5 mins again:eek:

Don't know anything about collecting on Friday night - does anyone know if this is possible?

Hi, Im a bit confused!! where do you pick the letter up from on Sat morning? is it not already in the post sysytem if you know what i mean. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks
  • Ex-Spendaholic
    Ex-Spendaholic Posts: 1,766 Forumite
    Options
    Have a chat with your postman. You pick the letter up at the delivery office (he leaves it at the public office for you to collect rather than you hanging around the house waiting on him). You need to call into the delivery office in advance with a note saying that you wish to have your post held for collection on 29 May.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure