AQE Exam Results

Options

Comments

• Belfast_Mum_2
    Options
    Collection from your sorting office is not an official service offered by Royal Mail but is something you can arrange locally. Your postman collects from sorting office in the morning and then delivers to you. You can arrange to intercept this and collect from 7.30am yourself. My local is Prince Regent Road so I will leave my letter with them and ask if I can collect on Saturday morning. It would take until around 11am if I wait for the postman and that's just too long!
  • neveranymoney
    neveranymoney Posts: 663 Forumite
    Options
    Our post can be a bit up the left too, if it's the normal 'female mail man', we generally get it at about tenish on a saturday, but last weekend it was some prepubesent looking boy in a taxi who gave me all of next doors post even though both our house numbers are clearly visable.
    Total debt £20,000 Northern Rock loan:eek:
    Debt free date April 2016!!!!:eek:
  • newtownabbey_mum
    Options
    Have a chat with your postman. You pick the letter up at the delivery office (he leaves it at the public office for you to collect rather than you hanging around the house waiting on him). You need to call into the delivery office in advance with a note saying that you wish to have your post held for collection on 29 May.

Hi, im never there when the post is delivered and at the weekend it seems to be a diff one every week. when the results came out we didnt get our post until well after 11am! A boy a few streets away had his at after 9. im expecting it to be the same this time. but i think to be on the safe side i will just sit it out and wait on the post man!!
  • kingston_2730
    kingston_2730 Posts: 413 Forumite
    Options
    Our post can be a bit up the left too, if it's the normal 'female mail man', we generally get it at about tenish on a saturday, but last weekend it was some prepubesent looking boy in a taxi who gave me all of next doors post even though both our house numbers are clearly visable.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • kingston_2730
    Options
    Past myself now!!! Our childs score was 101 and our choices were Belfast High, BRA and Carrickfergus grammar. Belfast High is our 'local' school and i think my daughter thinks shes going to skip on in with her friends, oh what a carry on! I think I will leave collecting the letter and just let the postie bring it.

Thats quite coincidental...my son scored one mark higher than your daughter and we have the same top three choices as you, in the exact same order!!! Please say you're confident your daughter is going to get into Belfast High. Do you know of many that have applied? Carrickfergus is actually our local grammar school but we have put it down third. There are only two kids at our school that have put down belfast high...the rest are pretty much all Carrick grammar!!
  • neveranymoney
    Options
    I hate to say it, but i'm not confident at all, my childs primary school would almost be classed as a feeder school for Belfast high and from what I've heard the majority who got 'good' scores, (110+) have put it down, although I've heard a good lot mentioning BRA as well. I haven't heard many mention Carrickfergus grammar and I myself haven't set foot in the place but my daughter seemed to like it and I just get a feeling thats where shes going to go!
    Total debt £20,000 Northern Rock loan:eek:
    Debt free date April 2016!!!!:eek:
  • kingston_2730
    Options
    OMG seriously?!!! I am usually a pessimistic person...have to admit but I have been quite optimistic about this. Mrs Gormley told me my son stood an excellent chance of getting into BHS. Also, Mr Dickson, told me to my face on a tour of BRA that my son would 'have no problem getting in' with his score of 102 and that he expected the first cut off to be around 98 or 99. Those were his exact words. If someone held a gun to my head and asked me where I thought my son would be going to school next year I would say BHS. I just hope I'm not being too optimistic. I always thought of BRA as our back up but now I'm getting worried.
  • Co_Down_mum
    Co_Down_mum Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    I'm picking mine up on Saturday morning. There is no way I could wait until the postman arrives. I honestly don't think there is anyway of getting them on Friday night.

The rumour machine really is at work now. I've heard that everyone who put Grosvenor as their first choice got in. Whether that is true I don't know. So does that mean they have people with 70 getting in or does it mean that they are higher scores? :eek:

The likes of the Dalriada principal saying that he would only have quintile 1 demonstrates the lack of understanding of the system from even the Principals. If they didn't understand then what hope was there for the rest of us? I think Grosvenor have been a victim of their own success in that people with scores under 100 maybe didn't apply as they thought they had no chance and hence applied elsewhere. This is certainly the case in my son's peer group.

Time will tell.

i'm hoping you are right about Grosvenor. I vary between totally optimistic and confident about my son getting and not. Roll on next week!!:rotfl:
  • Ex-Spendaholic
    Ex-Spendaholic Posts: 1,766 Forumite
    Options
    Co Down Mum, I hope I'm right about Grosvenor too. I too am very optimistic one minute and then totally panicing the next. :eek: If the power of prayer works (and I'm not a bit religious), that prayer I say on a daily basis on my way past Grosvenor should come into play. :o

Does anyone else dream about this every night of the week? Maybe I'm just a nut case but I've dreamed every possible scenario. Last night I dreamed that I was in the primary school with the rest of the family and all the P7 parents waiting on the letters to be handed out. Everyone got where they wanted to go apart from my son. His letter said that all schools we had chosen were oversubscribed and he could choose between Belfast High, BRA and Orangefield. In the dream hubby was insisting he went to Orangefield as it was close by and I was insisting he went to the other 2.

Roll on next Saturday until this madness ends or will it only just beginning?

I hope people will be on next Friday night as I'm sure I'll be a raving lunatic by that stage and my friends/family/colleagues are long since bored of hearing about it all.
  • Ex-Spendaholic
    Ex-Spendaholic Posts: 1,766 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sure I've said this before but if anyone had a good handle on scores etc it would have been BRA. With AQE being based in their school I'm sure they know what they are talking about when they are predicting cut off scores etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure